Eastwood Square Apartments At 500 Eastwood St.

Has anybody else seen the "Notice to Public" sign at the northwest corner of Harrisburg and Eastwood? It says they are proposing a multi-family complex with 160 units on 2 acres of land at 500 Eastwood. I noticed that the developer is listed as Sage Interests. Sage is one of several other names Lovett Commercial does business as. Directly on the opposite side of Harrisburg from the new sign, Lovett is redeveloping the old Stewart & Stevenson plant into retail; etc. I find the placement of the new sign a bit confusing as it is placed on the northern side of Harrisburg where there are already aged residential properties (including my 1910 restored bungalow). It left me with the impression that the many of those houses would be razed to make way for the new apartment complex. So, upon calling the number listed on the sign, it was stated the proposed complex would be built south of Harrisburg @ Eastwood (between Harrisburg and the railroad tracks). No homes would be razed as this lot is vacant already. The contact also said the complex would be five stories and would contain retail on the ground level as well. There will be a public hearing on this proposal at the City Hall Annex on April 7th, 2010 at 6 PM. Hopefully more details will be made public soon. I have attached a picture of the sign.

post-516-12686049589444_thumb.jpg

Has anybody else seen the "Notice to Public" sign at the northwest corner of Harrisburg and Eastwood? It says they are proposing a multi-family complex with 160 units on 2 acres of land at 500 Eastwood. I noticed that the developer is listed as Sage Interests. Sage is one of several other names Lovett Commercial does business as. Directly on the opposite side of Harrisburg from the new sign, Lovett is redeveloping the old Stewart & Stevenson plant into retail; etc. I find the placement of the new sign a bit confusing as it is placed on the northern side of Harrisburg where there are already aged residential properties (including my 1910 restored bungalow). It left me with the impression that the many of those houses would be razed to make way for the new apartment complex. So, upon calling the number listed on the sign, it was stated the proposed complex would be built south of Harrisburg @ Eastwood (between Harrisburg and the railroad tracks). No homes would be razed as this lot is vacant already. The contact also said the complex would be five stories and would contain retail on the ground level as well. There will be a public hearing on this proposal at the City Hall Annex on April 7th, 2010 at 6 PM. Hopefully more details will be made public soon. I have attached a picture of the sign.

I saw that sign today. It looks like they put it there because they didn't have a place to dig it in on the other side due to the cement. That or they got confused with the 500 block part. When you look on google maps, it has it smack in the middle of the street. The construction guys are probably just idiots. They must have graduated from the same high school that those metro bus drivers came from ;-)

• The title was changed to Eastwood Square Apartments At 500 Eastwood St.

Archived