Houston Gargoyle Magazine

Don Julio

Found this ad in the book "River Oaks: A Pictorial Presentation" (nd, c.1930). Does anybody have any issues of "The Gargoyle," the magazine for the discriminating Houstonian?

houstongargoylead1930lo.jpg

I would love to see a copy. My great grandfather was involved with its production.

Trailing a bit...but I gotta say, sevfiv, great work on the "arch-ive" - neighborhood/ residential research...the photo documentation (of the original home styles before demolition) is priceless, to some of us.

Wow, look what you can find at the libraries. I love to see the old ads with the development info. Thank you.

But are there any restrictions entering the Rice campus library? Do you need to have current college student status?

^Thank you! Hopefully in another week or two I will have the "makeover" done and it will be back in business.

Rice library is open to the public (during public hours) but you need photo identification to enter.

• 4 weeks later...

Found this ad in the book "River Oaks: A Pictorial Presentation" (nd, c.1930). Does anybody have any issues of "The Gargoyle," the magazine for the discriminating Houstonian?

houstongargoylead1930lo.jpg

University of Houston Library catalog has the following issues in file:

The Houston gargoyle.

1928-1932

English Serial Publication Serial Publication : Newspaper : Weekly 5 v. in 7 : ill. ; 36 cm.

Houston, Tex. : Mayfair Pub. Co.,

UNIV OF HOUSTON (TXH)

Summary: 1928-1932

OCLC Number: 9906060

Date of Report: 19870900

Format: Text

Holdings: <1928:1:17-1932:9:25>

Call Number: AP2 .H883

Format: Unspecified

Holdings: 3(1928)-5(1932)

Record for Item: "The Houston gargoyle."

• The title was changed to Houston Gargoyle Magazine