It's Snowing in Austin !

TJones

SNOMG!!

I saw that floating around online after the big blizzards recently and have been hoping for a chance to use it. That, and 'snomageddon.'

Actually it only just started raining about 20 minutes ago. Has the forecast changed? All I remember hearing is one inch, north of 1-10.

Nice. Snow like that would completely shut Houston down. 

Reporting in from south Austin, the snow was about on-par with what we experienced in central Houston back in early December. But since there tend to be thinner lawns around here, the snow seems to accumulate more effectively. Still, driving around wasn't the slightest challenge; roads were slushy but not iced over.

In other news, my car decided to die here. The way I understand it, I had a single-cylinder misfire coupled with random misfires in all cylinders, which caused gasoline to drain into the exhaust system and combust in the first catalytic converter. Debris from the first cat has clogged the second cat, and this is throwing off the O2 sensors, which screws up how fuel injection is controlled. My battery also failed while at the dealership service center, requiring a jump-start before they could perform diagnostics. And as I was about to park en route back to my friend's place, having left the dealership and hoping to use a repair shop like Midas to take care of the cats...my engine cut out. Good timing, crappy circumstance. So I'm stranded here, probably for the rest of the week.

At least I've got my kayak with me.

SNOMG!!

I saw that floating around online after the big blizzards recently and have been hoping for a chance to use it. That, and 'snomageddon.'

My wife was starting to get more than a little irritated with me last night after the third time I said "snomageddon". Unfortunately, all we got was some rain and a little sleet.

Archived