Houston Outlet Mall

tux

Hear construction will start next week on Phase 2 of the Houston Premium Outlet Mall. 30 to 35 more stores will be added. Stores should be open by Thanksgiving. Anyone seen a site plan or store list yet? Simon nevers build unless they have leases signed.

Also - where are the restaurants - the mall has been open 2 years now and no one has built on those restaurant pads.

<br />Would like to see a Ralph Lauren Outlet and/or Neiman's Last Call.<br />

Could I add a Pottery Barn outlet and Rockport Shoes to your list, please? So many of my friends here, and most all of those who visit from out of town, want to make repeated trips to San Marcos just for the Pottery Barn Outlet store there.

Could I add a Pottery Barn outlet and Rockport Shoes to your list, please? So many of my friends here, and most all of those who visit from out of town, want to make repeated trips to San Marcos just for the Pottery Barn Outlet store there.

Yes a Pottery Barn Outlet would be great, too.

Would also like to see a Lego Outlet Store.

I'm in retail construction; I realize they are shooting for the 2010 Christmas shopping season. I get to see that site daily and would guess they are looking to add 100k + square feet.

If they do not have any of the foundation work done yet and are not going to start construction until mid-March; its going to be tough time line.

Thanks... where the heck is "fairfield"??

Fairfield is a very large ("master-planned" I'm guessing) community located on Hwy 290, way out northwest, after Hwy 6/ 1960, right past Spring-Cypress exit. It currently has an outlet mall in front of it, facing Hwy 290.

I think some basic work was done during phase 1. This area has been roped off since then and seems to have areas inside it that are designed to handle the next phase.

On a side note - the area around the restaurant pad facing the feeder had a construction fence go up. Anyone one what restaurant is going in?

Also - confirmed 1st tenant - Saks 5th ave outlet

I think some basic work was done during phase 1. This area has been roped off since then and seems to have areas inside it that are designed to handle the next phase.

On a side note - the area around the restaurant pad facing the feeder had a construction fence go up. Anyone one what restaurant is going in?

Also - confirmed 1st tenant - Saks 5th ave outlet

That's a good start.

Add Restoration Hardware Outlet to the list of new stores I'd like to see there.

Where is all this information coming from about the expansion? Is it all just rumor or fact? I don't see any information on the website about all of this. Also, we receive a monthly newspaper about things going on in the area (can't remember the name of it..seems like Impact or something like that) and it had an article about the outlet mall, but all it said was that they had land reserved for expansion and that it would be in the future.

The mall tenants were told last Tuesday that construction would start this week by the mall management. They were also told that 1 of the outer pads had been sold but that they could not mention who bought it as it is the business who gets to release that info.

I found your article. - it mentions a 100 acre site adjacent - That would be what was suppose to be Fairfield Town Center (the large section of land between Mason and the mall). Because the mall is doing so well, they may develop that area as part of the mall - much like San Marcos.

http://impactnews.com/northwest-houston/328-news/7072-shopping-center-flourishes-in-midst-of-economic-downturn

The mall tenants were told last Tuesday that construction would start this week by the mall management. They were also told that 1 of the outer pads had been sold but that they could not mention who bought it as it is the business who gets to release that info.

I guess the so-called future expansion is now! Great news for the mall and people who enjoy shopping there.

• 2 weeks later...

update - construction us under way for phase 2 behind Nike.

on the front of the mall where I said a restaurant is being built - well, it's not. I heard it will be a strip center. Less than 10 spaces..can anyone confirm?

Any type of food place would make a killing.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's part of a news release sent out about the expansion:

Just over two years after its successful opening, Houston Premium Outlets® has started construction on a major expansion. The center’s Phase II expansion will bring the total number of stores at the center to 145 designer and name-brand outlets, adding 114,000 square feet of gross leasable area (GLA) bringing the center to 541,000 square feet. New stores will be open in time for the Holiday 2010 shopping season. More than 25 new stores will be added including Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th which will become the center's largest store, A/X Armani Exchange, Esprit, J.Crew, Joe's Jeans, Lacoste, Talbots and many others to be announced at a later date. Houston Premium Outlets is part of the Premium Outlets portfolio of outlet centers owned by Simon Property Group.

Here's part of a news release sent out about the expansion:

Just over two years after its successful opening, Houston Premium Outlets® has started construction on a major expansion. The center’s Phase II expansion will bring the total number of stores at the center to 145 designer and name-brand outlets, adding 114,000 square feet of gross leasable area (GLA) bringing the center to 541,000 square feet. New stores will be open in time for the Holiday 2010 shopping season. More than 25 new stores will be added including Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th which will become the center's largest store, A/X Armani Exchange, Esprit, J.Crew, Joe's Jeans, Lacoste, Talbots and many others to be announced at a later date. Houston Premium Outlets is part of the Premium Outlets portfolio of outlet centers owned by Simon Property Group.

I'd like to request a Ralph Lauren Outlet, Neiman's Last Call and a Lego Outlet store.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what is being built in the front area under construction? Someone earlier said it was going to be a restaurant pad but never saw a confirmation or the name of what restaurant was being put up. On a side note they are moving quickly on the back side construction. They have one of the three structures up and it looks like the other two will be up soon.

Steve

Does anyone know what is being built in the front area under construction? Someone earlier said it was going to be a restaurant pad but never saw a confirmation or the name of what restaurant was being put up. On a side note they are moving quickly on the back side construction. They have one of the three structures up and it looks like the other two will be up soon.

Steve

I haven't been over ther at all. Are there any restaurants there? That would be kinda sad not to have that mix; it would be a good one.

its not a restaurant. It's a strip center. You can go to page-partners.com and check it out. Looks about 6 or 7 spaces.

Also, 18 of the 25 stores have been announced. You can check the malls web site.

No restaurant pad has been sold although there are I believe 3 pads reserved for restaurants.

its not a restaurant. It's a strip center. You can go to page-partners.com and check it out. Looks about 6 or 7 spaces.

Also, 18 of the 25 stores have been announced. You can check the malls web site.

No restaurant pad has been sold although there are I believe 3 pads reserved for restaurants.

http://www.page-partners.com/flyers/Chelsea/HPOPlazaflyer.pdf

Great info! Looks like the restaurants will be on the site to the east of the outlet mall in Fairfield Towne center. I would love to see a Pappadeaux/Pappasito's combo. I looked at the plan for the Fairfield Towne center and did not realize it would include so many stores. Anyone know when they plan on starting that?

Steve

Archived