Fox Family Feud

AtticaFlinch

Palin Slams Fox's "Family Guy"

The former Alaska governor said on her Facebook page that she was too angry to offer a coherent response so she had her daughter, Bristol, release a full statement on the family’s behalf.

I don't know about you guys, and regardless of what you thought of the jokes in the show, but I find it a bit terrifying Fox's newest political pundit (and presidential hopeful) is too angry to form a coherent response for anything. If she aspires to the highest office in the land, she needs to be a bit more level-headed.

Also, Facebook?.. Is that where we have reasoned discourse these days? Whatever happened to Myspace?

I wouldn't get too wound up about Sarah Palin. The more she talks the less likely it is that she'll have a real shot at the presidency. Besides, lots of people want to be president but that doesn't mean they have a snowball's chance in hell of making it.

God I hope she does not run for president. It would be a bigger joke then Hilary. Well, maybe not that much bigger.

I sorta hope she does. I think an unfettered presidential race, with gloves off, will provide the American public with a spectacle so glorious in its inanity we'll never be the same again. Every house will be filled with laughter. The Right Wingnuts will be exposed for the teabagging dipsticks they are. Public discourse will return to some semblance of normality. American life will once again reach a stasis point. And if she runs with a third party, you can pretty much guarantee a Palin bid will strip away enough votes from the "serious" Republican votes that Obama will win a second term. If she runs as a Republican and wins the primary, she'll turn off enough moderate voters to the same result.

I similarly support Medina for Texas governor.

I sorta hope she does. I think an unfettered presidential race, with gloves off, will provide the American public with a spectacle so glorious in its inanity we'll never be the same again. Every house will be filled with laughter. The Right Wingnuts will be exposed for the teabagging dipsticks they are. Public discourse will return to some semblance of normality. American life will once again reach a stasis point. And if she runs with a third party, you can pretty much guarantee a Palin bid will strip away enough votes from the "serious" Republican votes that Obama will win a second term. If she runs as a Republican and wins the primary, she'll turn off enough moderate voters to the same result.

You may well get your wish. In our media-centric society it's the entertainment value that matters. I wouldn't hold my breath about public discourse becoming less partisan, though. Conflict sells, and the politicians know that just as well as the pundits.

After watching President Obama's smack down of GOP House members at their own conference, I would thoroughly enjoy watching him "debate" candidate Palin. It could be incredibly entertaining.

P.S. - the Q&A starts around minute 20.

Nice response from the voice actress who played the character depicted as having Down syndrome and who actually has Down syndrome in real life.

My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/18/family-guy-actress-respon_n_468331.html

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of Sarah, you can download her "Going Rogue" book here. An interesting read.

I find it interesting her first sentence is grammatically incorrect. It's an incomplete sentence. I realize she's no brain trust, but surely her editors have had some training in the proper use of the English language.

God I hope she does not run for president. It would be a bigger joke then Hilary. Well, maybe not that much bigger.  

Hillary almost pulled it off. She actually accumulated more popular votes in the primaries than Barry Boy did.

Archived