METRORail Brown Line

ricco67

I intending to put in a few notes on the various pics, but it won't let me edit. :(

Anyway, it was quite a challenge do to this on the "run" so to speak.

Also note that MP is highly visible after you pass the Maxwell plant.

Speaking of the maxwell plant, I was quite concerned when I saw the 18-wheeler making a turn onto Harrisburg and wondered if that is going to be a problem when the line is finished.

I intending to put in a few notes on the various pics, but it won't let me edit. :(

Anyway, it was quite a challenge do to this on the "run" so to speak.

Also note that MP is highly visible after you pass the Maxwell plant.

Speaking of the maxwell plant, I was quite concerned when I saw the 18-wheeler making a turn onto Harrisburg and wondered if that is going to be a problem when the line is finished.

Dagnabit, I'm at work and certain sites are blocked. I cant see your pics is there any other way to view them?

Well, we were talking about doing several "Before" and "During" pics on the Eastline thread. We never seemed to get it off the ground, so I had some extra time and did a good portion of it. Just wasn't able to get pics of the transit center and the Rusk portion of the lines. Maybe during baseball season.

Thanks for uploading all those pics. It's interesting to note that the "Brown" line has been changed to the "Green" line in the most recent transit maps. In Atlanta, there has been a lot of fuss about the Yellow line going through an Asian neighborhood, so they changed it to the Gold line. I wonder if that has happened at all in Harrisburgh, a predominantly hispanic neighborhood.

Thanks for uploading all those pics. It's interesting to note that the "Brown" line has been changed to the "Green" line in the most recent transit maps. In Atlanta, there has been a lot of fuss about the Yellow line going through an Asian neighborhood, so they changed it to the Gold line. I wonder if that has happened at all in Harrisburgh, a predominantly hispanic neighborhood.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've been saying all along that its a really stupid and bad name for this line.

I was just about to say that too, the "brown" line passing through a hispanic neighborhood, and then going to reference that Atlanta issue.

OMG......we better not hurt anyones feelings!!!!

.......on another note..........this will not be finished by the timeline that METRO seems to think they are going to be done. They have done hardly anything since they "broke ground". And where they have done work, is not even busy/poplulated in comparison to further down Harrisburg where there is more traffic, more business. Its going to be a mess for rhte next 3-4 years to finish this.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've been saying all along that its a really stupid and bad name for this line.

according to metro website....it's north, east, southeast, university etc. the color thing, esp the brown was was invented. getting back, metro evidently is leaving machinery on random properties and METRO is getting comments from property owners. METRO is sending checks to the owners, so they'll shut up.

according to metro website....it's north, east, southeast, university etc. the color thing, esp the brown was was invented. getting back, metro evidently is leaving machinery on random properties and METRO is getting comments from property owners. METRO is sending checks to the owners, so they'll shut up.

The City of Houston left a backhoe in my backyard for several days - no notice. I would have loved a check.

So the current line, the Red Line, is the only one that will get a color?

I think each line will have both.

The Red line is also referred to as the Main St Line on some of Metro's literature

On the flip side.. they can't put together a map and NOT associate different colors to each line..... and that's exactly what they have done.

From http://www.gometrora...g/go/site/2491/

303027.jpg

METRO doesn't call the new ones by color. interesting that former city controller (and current mayor AKA annise parker) has now hired former city controller george grenias to follow METRO dealings.

also the overpass over the current harrisburg underpass has been eliminated according to METRO spokespersons on east side in order to save 5 million. i guess the underpass that was too narrow is suddenly wide enough.

METRO doesn't call the new ones by color. interesting that former city controller (and current mayor AKA annise parker) has now hired former city controller george grenias to follow METRO dealings.

also the overpass over the current harrisburg underpass has been eliminated according to METRO spokespersons on east side in order to save 5 million. i guess the underpass that was too narrow is suddenly wide enough.

Interesting, how new voices changes things!!!

Doesn't look to be true: http://www.gometrorail.org/go/site/2491/

METRO assigns corridor names during construction, but then will use colors after construction. No use in using colors yet, for just one line being complete. Wait until the other lines are done first.

There is a short stub at the south end of the red line going west, out Holmes Rd, for about a mile or so. Does anyone know why this section was built? It stops before reaching South Main.

I believe its part of the rail yard, shop facility. I think its used to repair/ test the trains before there put on the actual line.

Archived