Indian Or Asian Pacific Restaurants In Pearland?

Samsoner

So far I've only seen the Moksha Indian Fusion Cuisine. Has anyone been to this place? What is the decor and the food like? Yelp lists it but there is no information because it's still a new place.

I have other questions I'd like to ask later on. I probably won't have time to go there until this weekend.

I'm also open to other Asian-pacific restaurants as well. My GF is from Houston and has been to peiwei countless times so we're looking for something different.

Thanks!!

ps: new to pearland

So far I've only seen the Moksha Indian Fusion Cuisine. Has anyone been to this place? What is the decor and the food like? Yelp lists it but there is no information because it's still a new place.

I have other questions I'd like to ask later on. I probably won't have time to go there until this weekend.

I'm also open to other Asian-pacific restaurants as well. My GF is from Houston and has been to peiwei countless times so we're looking for something different.

Thanks!!

The only place I have found for quality Indian cuisine, and atmosphere is Kiran's on Westheimer. Check out their website, and your mouth will water...Mmmm... the breads, are to-die-for! Lovely people to serve, and the owners are beautiful people.

Hey, is this the same girl from the "First Date suggestions" thread? If so, congratulations and Happy Valentine's Day! I'm sorry to tell you but b4-u-eat.com says Moksha is closed. The later reviews were pretty bad. By the way, that b4-u-eat.com website is a better local restaurant review site than yelp.com.

I don't know of any Indian restaurants in Pearland. If you drive down 518 to the east you will come to Pho 518, and Pearl Dynasty Chinese restaurant, and Little Tokyo Steak and Sushi, and eventually, past 35, Thanh Phuong Vietnamese restaurant. I have been to all of them except the Pho place and my wife and I enjoyed them both. There's also a Miyako over by the Cinemark.

If you really want Indian or Thai, it's hard to go wrong in Houston, but you'll have to go to Houston. My favorite Indian place is probably Khyber, Thai, Nit Noi. But there are lots of other ones.

Oh, I forgot. D'Caribbean Curry Spot a little farther still down 518 gives you a West Indian take on curries, roti, and other similar foods. It has received great reviews, but I've never been there. Probably the closest Indian place is going to be Darbar Grill on Scarsdale.

I'm afraid due to the near-homogeneous population in pearland, you won't find much variance in the eateries present there. Especially Indian. Mostly Steak Kountry/Golden Corral Buffets, so-called Tex-Mex (or the faux nouveau cuisine "Mex-Mex"), burger joints, BBQ holes-in-the-wall, yet-another-italian-place, RedLobsters, or nowhere-near-authentic-chinese buffets constitute the majority of the gastronomical landscape of that place. Not to mention the numerous fast food places and taco stands. I was forced to go pearland once on a business meeting. I cried and I've never been back. Ugh.

Edit: If you're regularly going to want something that is not in the list above... without putting 31,983 miles on your car per month... even if you plan on purchasing the spices/ingredients to make them at home yourself... sell your house and move just inside the the west loop... in Houston. :)

I was forced to go pearland once on a business meeting. I cried and I've never been back. Ugh.

This part of the above post is probably true. Certainly seems like it from the poster's take on the Pearland restaurant scene. :lol:

It's nowhere near as bleak as he/she makes it sound, though.

I don't think that will be true for very long. Pearland is growing quickly and different ethnic groups are moving in.

I'm sure the new census data will show the trend of ethnic diversity in Pearland is continuing. In my observation, the west side of Pearland is already extremely diverse. The east side is still majority white, though.

Thanks!!

I've been to Moksha a couple of years ago and it was nice when I was there. I wouldn't call it new because it's at least a few years old. Decor is nice and food isn't traditional, but I guess you knew that from the Fusion name. Overall I did like the food and ambiance there, but it was a little on the pricey side.

I would eat there more often, but my wife doesn't really like Indian food.

• 2 months later...

I've been to Moksha a couple of years ago and it was nice when I was there. I wouldn't call it new because it's at least a few years old. Decor is nice and food isn't traditional, but I guess you knew that from the Fusion name. Overall I did like the food and ambiance there, but it was a little on the pricey side.

I would eat there more often, but my wife doesn't really like Indian food.

I was in pearland over the weekend again... I was hungry and drove to Moksha. Or where it used to be. They're out of business. Ugh.

• The title was changed to Indian Or Asian Pacific Restaurants In Pearland?

Archived