yesterday, i noticed that they finally tore down the former pub/club on the corner there -- the mismatched one that looked as if it were from a grimm's tale. i never took a photo of it because it irritated me so.

its been empty for a good while and housing scary folks & lots of neighborhood mischief. does anyone know what's "going up" there? i can only assume something is since it has been empty for so long.

does anyone remember that place for some reason i think it had pig in the name --or maybe it's that nursery tale it reminds me of.

• Like 1

hmm, the pig finally met the wrecking ball.... I always thought the owner of the place really lost a bundle during the shepherd plaza heyday since it sat there the entire time while all the other buildings packed them in. Oh well, the whole area ought to be a great example for downtown boosters as what happened at shepherd plaza could happen downtown. That 20's-30's crowd is fickle, they like to go there now but they can change their mind the minute a new area starts to sprout trendy nightclubs.

Oh, and yes, I remember it well. During the 80's and early 90's, it was one of the few places in Houston that offered decent live music. It was the Pig and Whistle for a long time, then reopened for a while as The Pig Live. It had a pretty happening scene, lot's of college kids, good music. The crowd I ran with would barhop between there, The Alehouse and Gingerman. You would run into the basically the same demographic at all three. It kinda died just as all the clubs started opening in shepherd plaza and never reopened to take advantage of the influx of nightclub goers.

• 1 month later...

Not sure exactly why I found this or why I am responding, but his name was Mike and he did die. He was one of the nicest guys in the world.

Man.  The Pig guy out front was a trip.

I heard he died, but it may just be urban legend. 

I remember seeing Wayne Delchfino (sp?) there all the time.

• 4 months later...
  • 13 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Renderings of "The Center @ Greenbriar 3636 Greenbriar" from Loopnet:

Existing two-story retail buildings being remodeled and updated. I drove by today and "Building B" is well underway. Flyer states that it is ready for occupancy mid-2019.

image.png.cf365eb6f10c0509342a7a53bec240f8.png

image.png.974ea5457911f7fb14c36a1bace47fd9.png

image.png.6cf6a8ecaf6cb897cc1ae8d3cb74f278.png

image.png.576582768fff543050489f58e76fa6f6.png

image.png.1fbc495800a228e2f5dd8feaa84a7789.png

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/3636-Greenbriar-Dr-Houston-TX/14750850/

Edited by LBC2HTX
  • Like 3

I looked and couldn't find anything on this, but I'm sure there will be someone who gets bent out of shape if its already has a post.

This is the retail center across greenbrier from Shepherd Plaza. It was a disgusting edifice but now it looks incredible. I wish I could show some images but I'll leave that to Hindesky and ekdrm

to provide some images. It's one of the better redo's that I've seen in a while and is reminiscent of some of the projects I saw in Austin last week while visiting my sone restaurant Rosewood.

Its not finished but you can get a good idea of how it will look when finished from the Greenbrier side.

By the way my band makes its debut Saturday night at a funky little bar at 1658 Enid Street just around the corner from the Farmers Market.

Were called Tinight, and the bar is the Rehab bar on the bayou. It backs up to Little White Oak bayou.

9:00-12:00 

Love to see some HAIFer's out on Saturday night!

• Like 1

I was going to ask about this complex bounded by Richmond, Greenbriar,  S.Sandman and Portsmouth owned/sold by the Plotsky Group. It looks completely vacant and clearly in deteriorated shape. What is up with this company? Seems they buy/own distressed properties hang onto them till someone buys them out. I recall seeing some of their other properties in Pasadena. If I'm not mistaken this was going to be an HEB at one point. Anyone have a updates about this? I go by this all the time and wonder why its completely vacant, seems like prime property to me.

vDiadgj.png

4 hours ago, hindesky said:

I was going to ask about this complex bounded by Richmond, Greenbriar,  S.Sandman and Portsmouth owned/sold by the Plotsky Group. It looks completely vacant and clearly in deteriorated shape. What is up with this company? Seems they buy/own distressed properties hang onto them till someone buys them out. I recall seeing some of their other properties in Pasadena. If I'm not mistaken this was going to be an HEB at one point. Anyone have a updates about this? I go by this all the time and wonder why its completely vacant, seems like prime property to me.

this thread?  

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to 3636 Greenbriar Center
  • The title was changed to 3636 Greenbriar Dr. Center
  • 2 weeks later...

This complex got redeveloped a couple years ago and seems to have only one tenant. I seem to recall it was full before the remodel. The complex next it across Greenbriar is completely empty for years. I recall a rumor that HEB was moving in there but it obviously never happened.

uhUyNYa.jpg

msWTb31.jpg

1hTrr7U.jpg

g1yqQ2Y.png

DZ3v4Tx.jpg

T4Rfe1d.jpg

• The title was changed to Retail At 3636 Greenbriar Dr.
  • 1 year later...