42-Acre Mixed-Use Development In Bryan

Scotch

From WTAW:

"The Bryan City Council voted Tuesday night to unanimously approve an expansion plan that will allow for a new mixed-use development on the east side of Highway 6.

...some parts of the project could be breaking ground in late spring.

The new Highland Hills project will be between Briarcrest Drive, North Earl Rudder Freeway and Boonville Road.

...Among the interested developments are three restaurants, a large service oriented business and an entertainment option that does not currently exist in the BCS area."

and from The Eagle:

"Bob Oliva, president and CEO of RMC Texas Real Estate LLC, said the "Highland Hills" project will be worth about $53 million once complete.

City Manager David Watkins said he was confident the project would be a boost for the city. He said the city's general fund would not be used to pay down debt if the development wasn't as successful as projected. The company will be responsible for any financing shortfalls, he said.

"We're starting to see real demand for that area, and retail, as we all know, provides sales tax revenue that we all need," Watkins said.

Oliva said his company was comfortable assuming the risk of the project because of the area's stable economy.

...The company is negotiating with four potential tenants, including restaurants and retail stores. There will be 14 lots available in the development.

"I feel very comfortable that at least three of them should be going from letter of intent to purchase agreement very soon," said Oliva, who previously served as vice-president of the company that developed the Bryan Towne Center."

From WTAW:

"The Bryan City Council voted Tuesday night to unanimously approve an expansion plan that will allow for a new mixed-use development on the east side of Highway 6.

...some parts of the project could be breaking ground in late spring.

The new Highland Hills project will be between Briarcrest Drive, North Earl Rudder Freeway and Boonville Road.

...Among the interested developments are three restaurants, a large service oriented business and an entertainment option that does not currently exist in the BCS area."

and from The Eagle:

"Bob Oliva, president and CEO of RMC Texas Real Estate LLC, said the "Highland Hills" project will be worth about $53 million once complete.

City Manager David Watkins said he was confident the project would be a boost for the city. He said the city's general fund would not be used to pay down debt if the development wasn't as successful as projected. The company will be responsible for any financing shortfalls, he said.

"We're starting to see real demand for that area, and retail, as we all know, provides sales tax revenue that we all need," Watkins said.

Oliva said his company was comfortable assuming the risk of the project because of the area's stable economy.

...The company is negotiating with four potential tenants, including restaurants and retail stores. There will be 14 lots available in the development.

"I feel very comfortable that at least three of them should be going from letter of intent to purchase agreement very soon," said Oliva, who previously served as vice-president of the company that developed the Bryan Towne Center."

I saw this on the city of Bryan planning website a few weeks ago. I wonder what businesses will go in there. They said only upscale places would be allowed, I wonder if that includes Panara Bread since they announced they were coming to town, College Station residents would have a heart attack. LOL! Is Panara Bread even considered upscale?

What could we possibly be getting thats upscale with this development that would come to an area with about a quarter million people in it? Any Ideas?

Panera Bread is coming to University Dr. a few lots away from Taco Bell from what I have heard.

I wonder why they didn't choose marvelous South College Station with its gold-lined streets and rose-scented toilet paper? It probably doesn't meet their high standards...

Panera Bread is coming to University Dr. a few lots away from Taco Bell from what I have heard.

I wonder why they didn't choose marvelous South College Station with its gold-lined streets and rose-scented toilet paper? It probably doesn't meet their high standards...

Close to campus, but I don't think that's a good location. And the other week on the news they said they haven't chosen a location. I wonder where the 2 new Carl's Jrs are going?

• 3 months later...

Bryan project approved

By CASSIE SMITH

theeagle.com

The Bryan City Council on Tuesday approved a development agreement with a company that plans to build a project that would include retail space, restaurants, offices, entertainment venues and, possibly, multi-family housing.

When complete, the Highland Hills project would be worth about $53 million and is projected to add about $44.6 million to the city's property tax base over the next five years.

The 42-acre development is bounded by Briarcrest Drive, Earl Rudder Freeway, Boonville Road and Tom Light Drive. In January, the City Council agreed to expand a tax increment reinvestment zone to include the project. The designation allows the city to use money from rising property taxes in the area specifically for improvements in the zone...

• The title was changed to 42-Acre Mixed-Use Development In Bryan

Archived