3009 Post Oak: Office Building At 3009 Post Oak Blvd.

swtsig

Alliantgroup (Alliant Group) Cooperate Headquarters At 3009 Post Oak Blvd.

Late 2010 groundbreaking, delivering in 2012

14 stories

300,000 SF

LEED Gold

Directly across from Waterwall

On proposed METRO Uptown line

Developed, built, and self-financed by Skanska

i dont know how to post the pic so here's a PDF picture, i'm sure someone much smarter than i can post it.

3009 post oak.pdf

• Like 4

If it's across from the waterwall that would place it where the highrise condo project (can't remember the name) was supposed to sit... Right? Now that I think about it that can't be the spot if it's supposedly sitting on the rail line. Anyone?

Edit: Duh... Obviously if it has a Post Oak address it's not the lot I asked about above. I'm assuming it's the lot across from the pocket park on 610/Post Oak.

Edited by Gary

Interesting development. Looks slightly Eurpoean but that might just be the Skanska influence.

I thought Hines purchased the parcel at 3009 Post Oak in 2007/2008... Did they sell it? Would seem odd to have Skanska develop a project on a Hines owned parcel.

• 2 weeks later...

Skanska likes building chances

Swedish firm buying key tract for office project

Mair expects construction on the Houston building to begin by the end of 2010, whether a tenant has been signed or not. It will take two years to finish the building, giving it a 2012 debut date.

He says Skanska selected the development site for its coveted Post Oak address and frontage on the West Loop. In addition, future building tenants will have views of downtown Houston to the east and the Water Wall to the west. Another attraction is the fact that the tract is located on the proposed light rail line.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2010/01/25/story2.html

Edited by citizen4rmptown

• 1 month later...

Too bad it will never look like this. I've never understood why companies pay architecture firms millions of dollars for new buildings based on renderings that 99.999999% don't show what the building will really look like. Of the thousands of "renderings" I've seen over the years, maybe in one or two cases the finished building looked like the sketch. The worst are the ones that have all kinds of crayon swirls and half-finished lines across them.

I don't believe that this building, when it's finished, will have balcony railings and a shade at the top that glow in the dark.

More plausible:

post-1-12690031529567_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Did you all see the bs about efficient cars getting preffered parking? laugh.gif I can see that going well...especially when the primary tenant or manager has some say.

Maybe not. I worked one place where there were smaller parking places closer to the entrance. In that case smaller cars had preferred parking and it wasn't a big problem.

I don't see a problem with encouraging the use of efficient vehicles. But it'll be interesting to see how they go about it. Smaller parking spaces don't really work because drivers of large vehicles will still use them if at all possible. Nobody really enforces the "compact-only" rule. Marking spots for hybrid vehicles doesn't necessarily work either, because there are different kinds of hybrids (mild and full), and some higher-end hybrids are geared for performance over fuel economy. Ikea has a single parking spot reserved for a hybrid vehicle, and I saw a non-hybrid vehicle parked in the spot last time I was there.

What tickles me is how they talk about the "high speed" elevators. C'mon now, it's not even that high!

The Hybrid bit in the newsletter caught my eye as well and called it BS marketing.

I do wonder if 3 parking spots per 1000sq ft is standard, though.

Did you all see the bs about efficient cars getting preffered parking? laugh.gif I can see that going well...especially when the primary tenant or manager has some say.

We have reserved spots on each floor that are for small (I mean small) cars only. AFAIK, Minis, Miatas, New Beetles, and Smarts are the only cars in the pool for those spots. They are crammed in corners and other places that used to be wasted space.

The reserved parking spaces for green cars is just marketing hype. Since it's private property, there's no way to enforce it. The head of whatever company leases the most space in that building will be allowed to park wherever he pleases. Just like Steve Jobs is notorious for parking his Mercedes diagonally across one of the handicapped spaces at One Infinite Loop. Who's going to stop him?

One building I saw recently did an interesting thing to promote green vehicles. It has a dedicated aisle just for all-electric vehicles, and each space has a plug-in to recharge the batteries. The landlord picks up the electric bill. It supposedly doesn't cost that much more than keeping the flood lights on all night.

What tickles me is how they talk about the "high speed" elevators. C'mon now, it's not even that high!

The Hybrid bit in the newsletter caught my eye as well and called it BS marketing.

I do wonder if 3 parking spots per 1000sq ft is standard, though.

It may not be a tall building, but my guess is that high speed is defined more by the elevators and the system itself rather than the height of the building. Hey, I'm sure people always want elevators that are faster than slower. Just think about it when you're in a slow one at a hotel or something.

• 5 months later...

I did not see this in Going Up or Galleria Area sections, I hope this is not a dupe:

Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. closed on a deal this week to buy land for a new 19-story office building in the Galleria area.

Construction of the 300,000-square-foot building on Post Oak will proceed — with or without a tenant — according to Michael Mair, Skanska’s executive vice president/regional manager in Houston.

The development, which is expected to cost between $60 million and $90 million and is scheduled to open in 2012, will be 100 percent self-financed.

Given current economic conditions, some real estate professionals wonder whether the timing is right for another Class A office building in the Galleria area, even though the sector has seen no new office construction in 28 years.

http://houston.bizjo...l#ixzz0zo2ykYUe

Seems pretty ballsy, right? This can't be good for BLVD Place and Perennial.

EDIT: Found this info too...

The Skanska office tower will be built on a 2.3 acre tract bordered by Loop 610, Hidalgo Street and Post Oak Boulevard, the Business Journal reported. The land was purchased from Hines

http://www.realtynewsreport.com/

Edited by lockmat
  • Like 2