3009 Post Oak: Office Building At 3009 Post Oak Blvd.

swtsig

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The following was the tweet by @SkanskaUSA that I recieved in response to an inquiry asking what was the status this development:

"@tcapp0 Drawings are complete and we'll be in the permitting process shortly on the 3009 Post Oak development. We can't wait!"

Sometimes all you have to do is ask.:D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a delivery to Skanska's office on Yorktown today, and they have an award sitting on their front desk:

0725111248.jpg?t=1311622216

The guy who picked up the delivery said that they are hoping to break ground in the next month. If this is true, and what I was told when I went to the BLVD Place offices last week is true, then by the beginning of next year, there will be serious work happening all down Post Oak.

EDIT: Wow. That picture came out huge. I took it with my p.o.s. non-smart phone, so I didn't think it'd be THAT big.

Edited by Golyadkin
  • Like 4

I had a delivery to Skanska's office on Yorktown today, and they have an award sitting on their front desk:

0725111248.jpg?t=1311622216

The guy who picked up the delivery said that they are hoping to break ground in the next month. If this is true, and what I was told when I went to the BLVD Place offices last week is true, then by the beginning of next year, there will be serious work happening all down Post Oak.

EDIT: Wow. That picture came out huge. I took it with my p.o.s. non-smart phone, so I didn't think it'd be THAT big.

What does the award say? Work firewall won't let me see it. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Sam Houston National Forest has jumped south and taken over Afton Oaks, and by 2012, the chrome, halo type street signs in the Galleria area will hover in place? Ah, renderings...

Oh and we'll also be able to see right through the building.

• 1 month later...

Per BisNow, a new rendering and little new information...

3009postoakrendering.jpg

http://www.bisnow.com/houston_commercial_real_estate_news_story.php?p=17583

As for 3009 Post Oak, design is finished but no groundbreaking is set. John says there’s a buzz among potential tenants and some RFPs in but no preleasing yet. Skanska does have cash in hand to launch construction when it’s ready. The facility is preregistered LEED Gold and may reach Platinum.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is a press release that came out today regarding the project:

Skanska is to develop and construct an office project in Houston in the US. The investment in total amounts to USD 86 M, about SEK 550 M.

The office building at 3009 Post Oak Boulevard will be located in the Uptown/Galleria submarket of Houston. The building will consist of 28,000 square meters in twenty stories, out of which twelve stories will be office space atop of an eight story parking garage. 3009 Post Oak Boulevard has been pre-certified in accordance with the international environmental system LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)at the highest level, Platinum. The building will include features for maximizing energy efficiency, light control systems and rainwater storage.

Construction will start immediately and be implemented by Skanska USA Building. The work is schduled for completion by the third quarter 2013.

Skanska USA is one of the leading development and construction companies in the country, consisting of four business units: Skanska USA Building, which specializes in building construction; Skanska USA Civil, specialized in civil infrastructure; Skanska Infrastructure Development, which develops public-private partnerships; and Skanska Commercial Development, which develops commercial development projects in select U.S. markets. Headquartered in New York, Skanska USA has approximately 7,400 employees and its 2010 revenues were SEK 34.3 billion.

http://blog.chron.co...-near-galleria/

New office tower to rise near Galleria

Skanska2011-199x300.jpg

Rendering of a 20-story tower to go up in Galleria area (Skanska)

Skanska USA Commercial Development said today it will start construction “immediately” on a new office building in the Galleria area.

The 20-story tower, which has been in the planning stages for almost two years, at least, will go up on 2.3 acres at the site of the old Tony’s Ballroom near the Water Wall.

The company said the 302,000-square-foot project would be “self-financed.” It did not say it had a tenant in hand for the space.

“We have the highest confidence in the future of Houston’s economy. Uptown Houston is one of the largest business districts in the United States and headquarters to top corporations around the world,” Michael Mair, executive vice president and regional manager of Skanska USA Commercial Development in Houston said in a news release.

Architecture firm Kirksey designed the building, which the developer said has been pre-certified as LEED Platinum.

The building will include such features as high efficient glass façade, energy recovery wheel and occupancy monitoring systems that focuses on maximizing energy efficiency and operational savings. In addition the building will have a sophisticated lighting control system for the office and garage areas as well as water savings with a rainwater collection system used for landscape irrigation.

The building will contain 12 stories of offices atop an 8-story garage. The address will be 3009 Post Oak Blvd.

Edited by DrLan34

somewhat related to 3009 but really moreso about Skanska in general:

http://www.globest.com/news/2016_2038/houston/315576-1.html?ET=globest:e27953:368005a:&st=email

“What we’re looking for in our model is value-add propositions,” comments Michael Mair, executive vice president, regional manager, Skanska USA Commercial Development. “We like ground-up opportunities in urban settings with high barriers to entry.” Also on tap, he adds, are build solutions for development, as well as irreplaceable corners or premier streets.

Mair says Skanska USA likes Houston – as well as the other three cities of Boston, MA; Seattle and Washington DC – because of economic drivers. Houston, especially, is impressive because of its population growth, an increase in jobs and quality of life, he says adding that “we’re working on a couple of projects in Houston that are not yet under contract.”

• Like 2