Houston19514

It is very unlikely, imo, that any of these buildings will be more than 3 or 4 stories. If there are 20 buildings on site with 3 million sq. feet, that means all the buildings will average 150,000 sq. ft. Hardly enough sq. footage for a building of significant height.

It is very unlikely, imo, that any of these buildings will be more than 3 or 4 stories. If there are 20 buildings on site with 3 million sq. feet, that means all the buildings will average 150,000 sq. ft. Hardly enough sq. footage for a building of significant height.

At 25k per floor, that puts the average building at 6 floors by my count.

4 Waterway Square Plaza is 216k with 9 floors.

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded the latest version of google earth on my mac and I zoomed into The Woodlands area to scope out my neck of the woods when I discovered a HUGE gaping hole in the middle of the forest---the Exxon Campus. I'm surprised they did not make an announcement in April like they promised they'd do. But the pics we've recently seen, including those from google earth clearly verifies that this project is going forth.

I just downloaded the latest version of google earth on my mac and I zoomed into The Woodlands area to scope out my neck of the woods when I discovered a HUGE gaping hole in the middle of the forest---the Exxon Campus. I'm surprised they did not make an announcement in April like they promised they'd do. But the pics we've recently seen, including those from google earth clearly verifies that this project is going forth.

swamplot has some info

Nothing at all. They just don't want the publicity to cause Idiocrats to talk about their 68% increase in profit.

Not a fan of tipsy posts from my phone? I dont know what an Idiocrat is, but count me in.

Did they do the "mall ring" for security purposes? Will there be gates?

• 4 weeks later...

Yikes, sorry. Not always easy typing from a phone.

The Irving, TX headquarters are not moving to the new Woodlands campus, which was formally announced this morning.

Expected move-in date is 2014, with full occupancy expected by 2015.

There will be a gym, childcare center, and multiple dining options. Floor to ceiling windows, flexible workspaces, and a large welcome center will also be included.

Only about half of the 385 acres will be developed.

I love how the press release claims the move is partially to demonstrate environmental responsibility. Yeah, nothing says environmental responsibility more than a 1970s era suburban style campus built out in an uncentralized location that was formerly a virgin pine forest.

I know folks that work downtown and near Greenway that are NOT excited about this move. I think there will be lots of poaching of younger Exxon employees.

• Like 1

Quote from the announcement - "Further study will determine whether any other U.S. office locations will be located at the campus in the future."

As far as moving headquarters and relocating people from other cities, it sounds like Exxon is not ruling anything out yet. Spring may one day get the world headquarters after all. There will be lots of room to grow and to build more brand new state of the art offices on already owned land. IF they ever decide to move the world HQ, Spring would be a good choice from an economic standpoint.

Edited by Mister X

So... we know very little, if anything, more than we did yesterday. Among the things we still do not know with certainty: the future of the downtown tower; the future of the world headquarters; or even the future of the Virginia campus.

The fate of VA will be announced in 2012. Headquarters are officially out of the scope of the study, and is not being considered for a move to Spring.

We actually know quite a bit more than we did yesterday. Size, scope, timing, who, design, look, amenities, etc.

I know folks that work downtown and near Greenway that are NOT excited about this move. I think there will be lots of poaching of younger Exxon employees.

I think a more accurate statement would be that folks who live on the Southern side of the city might not be as excited. I know plenty of folks who live up North, work down South, and are overjoyed at the thought of cutting 1+ hours off their commute.

So... we know very little, if anything, more than we did yesterday. Among the things we still do not know with certainty: the future of the downtown tower; the future of the world headquarters; or even the future of the Virginia campus.

Don't know how reliable this is but the Channel 13 article on the project states:

"Exxon had reportedly considered moving employees from California and Virginia to Houston, which would have been a huge boon to our area, but at this point it appears that is not part of the plan. The consolidation will leave huge office space vacancies in the Greenspoint area and downtown Houston."

So it appears they are vacating the downtown office building.

The fate of VA will be announced in 2012. Headquarters are officially out of the scope of the study, and is not being considered for a move to Spring.

We actually know quite a bit more than we did yesterday. Size, scope, timing, who, design, look, amenities, etc.

What article says that the HQ is officially out of the study. I haven't seen that report yet.

"ExxonMobil Announces New Houston Campus

To all U.S.-based employees:

Following extensive research into best practices in workplace design and

benchmarking the world’s top facilities, we are proceeding with

construction of a new ExxonMobil office campus in north Houston for

employees currently working in a variety of locations and functions

across the Houston area.

Located on a company-owned 385-acre wooded site near the intersection of

I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road, the campus will deliver an unparalleled

working environment that promotes innovation and employee collaboration,

while also demonstrating our commitment to health, wellness and

environmental responsibility.

The decision to proceed with the campus resulted from a comprehensive

U.S. Real Estate Strategy Study by a team of experts from GREF, EMIT,

functional companies and support services, as well as external experts.

The campus will include multiple low-rise office buildings, laboratory,

conference and training facilities, outdoor open spaces, several food

venues and other employee amenities including child care, an on-site

wellness center and various retail offerings.

Moves to the campus will be carried out in phases as the campus is

constructed, beginning early 2014, with full occupancy by 2015.

Houston-based employees working in Upstream, Chemicals and various staff

support functions will move to the campus in that timeframe.

The company is continuing to study whether any other U.S. office

locations will ultimately be located in the complex. During the study we

considered the evolving needs of our organization and the changing

nature of the workplace. We benchmarked more than 100 state-of-the-art

facilities and campus environments to design a campus that can provide

the platform for enhanced collaboration and business execution

excellence.

We believe you’ll be excited by the work environment, the beauty of the

natural surroundings, the technology capabilities and the campus

amenities. You can begin learning about plans for the new ExxonMobil

office campus on the intranet site listed below. The site has additional

information about the campus including a video and FAQs and will be