Houston19514

I would not use Grubb & Ellis numbers for this purpose because, IIRC, they do not include owner occupied or single tenant properties.

Each company also has size thresholds, and some have qualitative filters as well. In many cases, there is no standard of research methodology between offices in different cities or regions. No source is perfect, but it does look like the pattern is the same in each dataset.

Edited by TheNiche

• 2 weeks later...

Security is very tight. You have to get background check clearance just to be able to go in the job site offices. I doubt you will see many pictures unless someone sneaks a few with their cell phone.

The next phase of about 15 office buildings is underway. There will be over 20 tower cranes up at one time

• 1 month later...

Also check out this video.

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=KsGjX1hhf0k

as I can't watch video at work on youtube, this article may, or may not have the same video, but probably is same.

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/01-03-12-the-secrets-of-exxon-mobil-new-north-houston-campus-are-revealed/

Brown explains the company's effort to create a pedestrian-friendly environment where people "come across each other by foot," yet never have to walk more than seven minutes from building to building.

heh, this quote made me think of the Compaq HQ, it was amazing how every day I would walk to the cafeteria for lunch, or a mid morning coffee and run into some random person I knew and we'd end up talking (about work, or other).

Nah, I don't think any of the buildings will be tall enough to clear the tree line. So there will be no ''skyline'' unfortunately. I'll tell you, the cranes will definitely cause the guys to have a wet spot in the front. It's VERY impressive coming down the North Frwy from The Woodlands--especially crossing over Rayford Rd on 45.

Edited by wxman

• 4 weeks later...

Many of these campus buildings will be 4-6 stories, won't they?

Does that mean we'll be able to see them above the tree line???

Unlikely. The more mature Pine Trees will definately block the entire campus from I 45. Just depends how much they cut down. The Woodlands is nearly invisible when approaching it from the north or south (except for Anadarko).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice find. Do you happen to have a bigger size?

Based off SWV Parkway, this view looks to be looking north/northeast.

i sent the original to your facebook account. i do not know if it will be larger than you can view here. k

• Like 1

Since there seems to be so much interest in this project, and I am not under any non-disclosure agreements :), and they can't hide from the eyes in the sky, Aren't helicopters great! :) i thought I would share my "high res" photos of the project with this group.

The tunnels are what first got my attention. These tunnels are by no means for pedestrians only. If you complare the size of the tunnels to the equipment around them you will see that they you can drive a semi-truck with trailer in these tunnels. You will also notice that there are turning basins and wide corners. This is a cut and cover project and the cut is MASSIVE! The trenches for these tunnels are over 30' deep!

These photos were taken in Sept. 2011... I will post some more recents photos next.

IMG_2212.JPGIMG_2213.JPGIMG_2214.JPGIMG_2215.JPGIMG_2216.JPGIMG_2217.JPGIMG_2218.JPGIMG_2219.JPGIMG_2220.JPGIMG_2221.JPGIMG_2222.JPGIMG_2223.JPGIMG_2224.JPGIMG_2225.JPGIMG_2226.JPGIMG_2227.JPGIMG_2228.JPG

• Like 5

Those are amazing! Thank you for posting these photos. This project is cool. But there is also bit of eeriness to it. Something about that 'evil' corporation and all those trees hiding the construction of mysterious underground tunnels to be used for God knows what. I love it.

Those are amazing! Thank you for posting these photos. This project is cool. But there is also bit of eeriness to it. Something about that 'evil' corporation and all those trees hiding the construction of mysterious underground tunnels to be used for God knows what. I love it.

When I was looking at the pictures, it made me think about the Denver airport and all the rumours about it and it's underground tunnels/chambers.

Maybe its the secret location of the local branch of the New World Order. It is Exxon after all.......

• Like 1

When I was looking at the pictures, it made me think about the Denver airport and all the rumours about it and it's underground tunnels/chambers.

Maybe its the secret location of the local branch of the New World Order. It is Exxon after all.......

There are tunnels under IAH as well. It's where all the utilities run. I spent a fair amount of time in them in the early 80's, when the company I worked for had a contract for some of the control systems. One of the employees I was working with told me "That ladder there will put you in the middle of the main runway. Don't go up there, though, as the security folks get annoyed at random heads appearing out there".

I doubt the tunnels are supposed to be a secret, right?

From what I remember reading/hearing, the tunnels are to be kind of like what they have in Disneyworld - They are for all of the unsightly things like garbage pick up and food/beverage delivery, etc. They're trying to implement a Truman Show suburban oasis theme.

There are tunnels under IAH as well. It's where all the utilities run. I spent a fair amount of time in them in the early 80's, when the company I worked for had a contract for some of the control systems. One of the employees I was working with told me "That ladder there will put you in the middle of the main runway. Don't go up there, though, as the security folks get annoyed at random heads appearing out there".

OK - now I'm getting an image of Bruce Willis's head popping out of a grate on the runway...

From what I remember reading/hearing, the tunnels are to be kind of like what they have in Disneyworld - They are for all of the unsightly things like garbage pick up and food/beverage delivery, etc. They're trying to implement a Truman Show suburban oasis theme.

Exactly. The tunnel connects to two large kitchens, among many other things.

The typical tunnel has a 3'6" thick slab, 2'2" thick walls, and a 3' thick cap. The inside will measure 32' horizontal and 16' vertical.

Does anyone have a firm price for what Exxon paid for the land? I am a commercial real estate appraiser and I am valuing a large tract near I-45 N and the Beltway. The sale would be a great comparable. I have been trying to get the price confirmed ever since the project was first mentioned and have had no luck thus far!

• 3 weeks later...

I just spoke with someone who works security at the Exxon site. I don't remember if this has been stated on here or not, but here it goes.

He said for the past three years they have been working on the site and it was and still is called project delta.

Buildings (he said at least ten) will be 20ish stories. So maybe there will be a skyline after all?

He also heard there will be a government housing project in that SWV/Exxon area, too.