SNAP- Super Neighborhood Action Plan

trymahjong

Neartown is meeting tomorrow to discuss all the SNAP recommendation (remember the cost must be below $350,00or it's a CIP project) I've been thinking getting one of these approved by City council is harder than I thought---4 years trying but still -no go

What experiences have you had?

I've never been but do tell us how it goes. How does the city (or whoever is holding this meeting) define "Neartown"?

I'm thinking there is another post about "neartown" (remember all that 'charette' stuff??) but here's what I understand after 4 years worth of attending their meetings---

Neartown is the "umbrella " organization of all the civic clubs within area{North Boundary Dallas Ave--East Babgy--South I59--West Shepherd} that meets the 4th Tues at Cherryhurst Community center---7pm

This is from their website---Neartown.org

The Neartown Association was established in 1963 by a group of dedicated individuals seeking to improve the quality of life in Houston's unique and historic inner-city neighborhoods. Undaunted by the time-consuming community-building process, they were not willing to wait for someone else to save and restore their home front, nestled between downtown Houston and the Houston Medical Center.--

. . . . . . . . soooooooooooooooo it's basically Montrose---I'm not sure why they didn't call it that--it's a good organization to keep up with what's happening in our area.

Annise Parker was a former president of Neartown.

I'm thinking there is another post about "neartown" (remember all that 'charette' stuff??) but here's what I understand after 4 years worth of attending their meetings---

Neartown is the "umbrella " organization of all the civic clubs within area{North Boundary Dallas Ave--East Babgy--South I59--West Shepherd} that meets the 4th Tues at Cherryhurst Community center---7pm

This is from their website---Neartown.org

The Neartown Association was established in 1963 by a group of dedicated individuals seeking to improve the quality of life in Houston's unique and historic inner-city neighborhoods. Undaunted by the time-consuming community-building process, they were not willing to wait for someone else to save and restore their home front, nestled between downtown Houston and the Houston Medical Center.--

. . . . . . . . soooooooooooooooo it's basically Montrose---I'm not sure why they didn't call it that--it's a good organization to keep up with what's happening in our area.

Annise Parker was a former president of Neartown.

I believve EMCA Peggy Shrifft park was a SNAP project and the upcoming improvements to it are also SNAP projects

• The title was changed to SNAP- Super Neighborhood Action Plan

Archived