TxDOT Meeting To Discuss I-10 Feeder Roads/Expansion

Hartmann

I think the largest problem is the speed going down Yale, which is somewhat caused by very few stop lights and no stop signs (from I-10 to 610). There is a light at 6th (which I think must be triggered only if someone is on 6th), one at 11th, one at 14th, one at 19th and 20th, and I think one more near 23rd. (well, when I put it that way, maybe there are enough stop lights). But, I think only the ones at 19th and 20th have cross walk buttons for pedestrians. I would say that 9 times out of 10, I can drive straight through from I-10 to 610 without catching a light. Yes, I know, Bill White based his whole Mayoral campaign on getting the lights downtown synchronized, and yes, that was great. But, maybe we need just a little less coordination and a few 4-way stop signs on Yale to fix the problem.

And I have attended the HHA/City Planning meetings, and yes, they are designing Yale as an alternate route in addition to Shepard, Main, 45, TC Jester, etc. I agree with Yankee, that people going 70 mph on 610 are just trying to get to I-10 so they can continue going 70 mph, and this 2 mile stretch seems to become part of their high-speed commute. Whereas in Montrose, people are going from 30 mph side streets through the neighborhood. Nothing scientific...just what it feels like.

The question is, what can we do? I've emailed our councilman, just after our HHA/Planning meeting and surprise, no reply. Go figure.

Kinda funny that the running joke on Yale is that the light at 14th Street will be red no matter what direction you are going, UNLESS we are trying to complain about speeding on Yale. THEN, the light at Yale is always green. Go figure.

As for the rest, I've explained why it is not logical to use Yale as a cut-through, but it appears that most Heights residents make up their minds first, then look for anything to support their decision, so I'll just say that if any City of Houston engineers are reading this, then this Heights resident says to follow your data, not the opinions of non-commuters.

And, none of this is related to the feeders on I-10.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda funny that the running joke on Yale is that the light at 14th Street will be red no matter what direction you are going, UNLESS we are trying to complain about speeding on Yale. THEN, the light at Yale is always green. Go figure.

As for the rest, I've explained why it is not logical to use Yale as a cut-through, but it appears that most Heights residents make up their minds first, then look for anything to support their decision, so I'll just say that if any City of Houston engineers are reading this, then this Heights resident says to follow your data, not the opinions of non-commuters.

iwhat i was saying related to I10 in that it wil bring more traffic, specifically more highway traffic, to the heights.

i think you think it's not logical to use Yale as a cut thru and so do most other people, but it seems the city is planning it that way anyway. i guess i don't understand what you're saying in that second paragraph...

ETA: something is wrong with HAIF on my computer where i cannot see my responses as i am typing them so please excuse all the typos.

An engineer working on the project (also a Heights resident) says differently.

Using Yale as a cut through may not make much sense to you but to someone living in River Oaks or off Westheimer it may make a difference when they do not want to deal with the 10/610 interchange or 290 to get to the north side. There are reasons that Yale makes sense as a cut through... As far as your other comment on Heights residents making up their minds, I haven't made up mine, I am just presenting possibilities. I am sorry that you can you only state your opinion as fact and not have a discussion.

Don't take that as me being rude, I really do enjoy reading a lot of your posts, you just seem to be jumping to conclusions about motives and the mindset of the residents here.

An engineer working on the project (also a Heights resident) says differently.

Using Yale as a cut through may not make much sense to you but to someone living in River Oaks or off Westheimer it may make a difference when they do not want to deal with the 10/610 interchange or 290 to get to the north side. There are reasons that Yale makes sense as a cut through... As far as your other comment on Heights residents making up their minds, I haven't made up mine, I am just presenting possibilities. I am sorry that you can you only state your opinion as fact and not have a discussion.

Don't take that as me being rude, I really do enjoy reading a lot of your posts, you just seem to be jumping to conclusions about motives and the mindset of the residents here.

Sorry, Hartmann. It was not aimed at you specifically. It's just that I tire of the same comments over and over that have no basis in reality. It is a common trait of neighborhood fights, and Heights residents are kings of it. An example is the claim as fact that people would use Yale to short cut from I-10 to 290. The distance from downtown to 290 is 7.5 miles along I-10, but 8.6 using Yale. Additionally, I-10 speeds only drop to the mid 40s during rush hour, while the speed limit on Yale is 30. It is impossible to run Yale without hitting a red light. Therefore, it would take longer to get to 290 via Yale than via I-10, even though 610 is congested. But, in spite of that, people continue to insist that it will be a cut through. Well, if that were the case, it would be a cut through NOW.

Here's something else weird. North Main is currently undergoing the same renovation proposed for Yale. Even though it slashes through the Heights, and is closer to many of the Heights posters than Yale, not a peep has been heard about it. One must wonder why North Main's reconstruction will not cause the end of life as we know it, but Yale will. And, the reconstruction of Studewood has not cause death, destruction and terrorist attacks at Antidote, either. It is simply an illogical, irrational opposition to new concrete, and because I USE that street, I get annoyed at having to correct those misconceptions...usually to no avail.

Here's something else weird. North Main is currently undergoing the same renovation proposed for Yale. Even though it slashes through the Heights, and is closer to many of the Heights posters than Yale, not a peep has been heard about it. One must wonder why North Main's reconstruction will not cause the end of life as we know it, but Yale will. And, the reconstruction of Studewood has not cause death, destruction and terrorist attacks at Antidote, either. It is simply an illogical, irrational opposition to new concrete, and because I USE that street, I get annoyed at having to correct those misconceptions...usually to no avail.

In response to this I think there is a difference in the neighborhoods in regards to the 2 streets and what borders either side.

Along Yale you see a lot more residents that like to walk the Heights trail which for people residing on the west side requires a crossing of Yale and vise versa for the parks on the west side of yale for residents who reside on the east side.

Also, you have a lot more commercialization along N Main and it seems to be a bit of a Neighborhood dividing line. At least this can be seen when looking at property values. I think if the neighborhoods were more developed across N Main and there was more foot traffic you would see some opposition.

Furthermore, I support the repaving of the road and wish we were going with concrete instead of blacktop but I do oppose the destruction of so many trees and increases in speed limits. I agree that there is an underlying problem with inadequate enforcement of laws and insufficient speed control devices/markings...

Funny how someone commented about the eletronic speed/radar gun on a speed limit sign. I think its an awesome tool and scares the majority of people into slowing down. I want one in front of my house.

I'd just like to know where the city is in their plans for the construction on Yale... They were supposed to start last year. Of couse it was the same for the I-10 on and off ramp.

I live a couple of blocks off Yale and use it constantly for just about any drive I have to do, so I don't consider myself to be "cutting through". I use it because 1) it goes under the train 2) the lights do "flow" nicely 3) it connects me nicely to Waugh and from there I can go to RO, Montrose or downtown (I use Memorial). Once I am on Waugh it is very pretty, too! They have had speed traps for years under I-10 to address speeders so I go 30 mph. I don't mind the lights at 6th and 14th, but see the one at 11th as very problemmatic. I think this is partly because of the weird ingress/egress (sp?) into the PO which I assume to be set by weird federal guidelines (check out what they did at 18th/19th near the House station!). I also think this intersection has simply outgrown an unprotected left turn signal set up. There is a wreck here at least once a month. During the year following Allison I lived elsewhere in an apt, but moved back in 2002 and the traffic on Yale had significantly picked during that time up in my experience. I assumed that it was flowing from Garden Oaks. Alternatives? Shepherd/Durham is UGLY, I always hit the train, and getting across Shepherd to turn south onto Durham is a very trying experience! I counted the lights once and it is the same as Yale. Worst of all I have to drive by that blasted Kroger that I hate so much! Now I have re-ignited another HAIF posting flurry . . .

What a waste of $88 million. Save the money and use it elsewhere.

Where would you suggest?

Now, I think the money should still be spent on Yale but I don't really agree with how they want to spend it. Hell, if it were up to me I'd put in pavers as to make it a semi-permeable surface and push for the trolly cars back in up and down Heights to relieve some of the local traiffic but what do I know.

Regardless of what happens, something needs to be done with Yale. It's condition and outdated signage is a hazard to the drivers and the residents who live in the surrounding areas.

Sorry, Hartmann. It was not aimed at you specifically. It's just that I tire of the same comments over and over that have no basis in reality. It is a common trait of neighborhood fights, and Heights residents are kings of it. An example is the claim as fact that people would use Yale to short cut from I-10 to 290. The distance from downtown to 290 is 7.5 miles along I-10, but 8.6 using Yale. Additionally, I-10 speeds only drop to the mid 40s during rush hour, while the speed limit on Yale is 30. It is impossible to run Yale without hitting a red light. Therefore, it would take longer to get to 290 via Yale than via I-10, even though 610 is congested. But, in spite of that, people continue to insist that it will be a cut through. Well, if that were the case, it would be a cut through NOW.

In response to this I think there is a difference in the neighborhoods in regards to the 2 streets and what borders either side.

Along Yale you see a lot more residents that like to walk the Heights trail which for people residing on the west side requires a crossing of Yale and vise versa for the parks on the west side of yale for residents who reside on the east side.

Also, you have a lot more commercialization along N Main and it seems to be a bit of a Neighborhood dividing line. At least this can be seen when looking at property values. I think if the neighborhoods were more developed across N Main and there was more foot traffic you would see some opposition.

Furthermore, I support the repaving of the road and wish we were going with concrete instead of blacktop but I do oppose the destruction of so many trees and increases in speed limits. I agree that there is an underlying problem with inadequate enforcement of laws and insufficient speed control devices/markings...

Funny how someone commented about the eletronic speed/radar gun on a speed limit sign. I think its an awesome tool and scares the majority of people into slowing down. I want one in front of my house.

I'd just like to know where the city is in their plans for the construction on Yale... They were supposed to start last year. Of couse it was the same for the I-10 on and off ramp.

first of all, this is killing me b/c i can't see what i'm typing. i don't know what's going on here... i also can't see what i am quoting to make a well organized response but here goes...

i think stcyr made a good comment. main is more of a border of the heights, like montrose is to montrose for example. but main, in better condition, will take some of the burden off studewood since they meet at the same place on 20th. having a smooth, easy to drive main benefits the interior of the heights as a neighborhood keeping faster traffic on fringe rather than bringing it down the center like yale.

also, i have said (and i bring this up b/c i feel pretty certain i am in this group that red is so upset with. and we used to be so close :unsure: ) many times in this very forum that personally, i wish studewood was not just in it's previous condition but still under contruction. sure, it was a pain for me to drive that mile on a torn up road but it was worth it to not have people doing 50+ mph and passing in the middle lane when i was driving on it, never mind trying to walk across it.

i am in no way opposed to yale being redone. rip it up and start from scratch, but i don't think that making it a major exit off 10 and routing traffic up yale will be good for the neighborhood or people who commute on it to get in and out of the area where they live. while it may be illogical to think that people will use it as a cut through, people are not logical in traffic. and when i10 is jacked due to some accident as everyone flees to katy, your drive timetraffic guy is going to say "katy freeway at a standstill. trying to get to the loop or 290, use yale." and then there are a lot of people who would rather meet a red light or 2 than sit in gridlock. i am actually one of them so a lot of people like me will use Yale, even if it defies logic.

in the end, no one can really say what is or isn't going to happen until the project is done but when one option (as currently proposed by the city) could significantly increase non-local traffic i would rather have it be rethought.

the misconception i get tired of having to clear up is that this is about doing nothing and keeping the status quo. that is not the case. it's about making improvements in an intelligent manner so as to best benefit the population that lives here. the current yale proposal and i10feeders do not seem to do that. they seem to be plans made by people who live outside the neighborhood, even outside the city, with no real caring or understanding how they impact the actual residents.

red, perhaps you have made up your mind 1st that it will be a good thing overall b/c you drive on it. you want it, therefore it's right. but again, no one can know until it's too late so i think people that oppose it just want to flesh out other options that both make it a better street and protect what is valuable about the neighborhood.

first of all, this is killing me b/c i can't see what i'm typing. i don't know what's going on here... i also can't see what i am quoting to make a well organized response but here goes...

i think stcyr made a good comment. main is more of a border of the heights, like montrose is to montrose for example. but main, in better condition, will take some of the burden off studewood since they meet at the same place on 20th. having a smooth, easy to drive main benefits the interior of the heights as a neighborhood keeping faster traffic on fringe rather than bringing it down the center like yale.

also, i have said (and i bring this up b/c i feel pretty certain i am in this group that red is so upset with. and we used to be so close unsure.gif ) many times in this very forum that personally, i wish studewood was not just in it's previous condition but still under contruction. sure, it was a pain for me to drive that mile on a torn up road but it was worth it to not have people doing 50+ mph and passing in the middle lane when i was driving on it, never mind trying to walk across it.

i am in no way opposed to yale being redone. rip it up and start from scratch, but i don't think that making it a major exit off 10 and routing traffic up yale will be good for the neighborhood or people who commute on it to get in and out of the area where they live. while it may be illogical to think that people will use it as a cut through, people are not logical in traffic. and when i10 is jacked due to some accident as everyone flees to katy, your drive timetraffic guy is going to say "katy freeway at a standstill. trying to get to the loop or 290, use yale." and then there are a lot of people who would rather meet a red light or 2 than sit in gridlock. i am actually one of them so a lot of people like me will use Yale, even if it defies logic.

in the end, no one can really say what is or isn't going to happen until the project is done but when one option (as currently proposed by the city) could significantly increase non-local traffic i would rather have it be rethought.

the misconception i get tired of having to clear up is that this is about doing nothing and keeping the status quo. that is not the case. it's about making improvements in an intelligent manner so as to best benefit the population that lives here. the current yale proposal and i10feeders do not seem to do that. they seem to be plans made by people who live outside the neighborhood, even outside the city, with no real caring or understanding how they impact the actual residents.

red, perhaps you have made up your mind 1st that it will be a good thing overall b/c you drive on it. you want it, therefore it's right. but again, no one can know until it's too late so i think people that oppose it just want to flesh out other options that both make it a better street and protect what is valuable about the neighborhood.

You should type blindly all the time Yankee, because you said it perfectly.

and when i10 is jacked due to some accident as everyone flees to katy, your drive timetraffic guy is going to say "katy freeway at a standstill. trying to get to the loop or 290, use yale." and then there are a lot of people who would rather meet a red light or 2 than sit in gridlock. i am actually one of them so a lot of people like me will use Yale, even if it defies logic.

So your position would be that it is OK that you have the means and the inclination to cut through other peoples' neighborhoods to avoid congestion because it saves your time, but it's not OK that other people have the means and inclination to cut through your neighborhood because it saves them time? Your time is more valuable, and so is your neighborhood, therefore others should be denied the conveniences that you enjoy.

So your position would be that it is OK that you have the means and the inclination to cut through other peoples' neighborhoods to avoid congestion because it saves your time, but it's not OK that other people have the means and inclination to cut through your neighborhood because it saves them time? Your time is more valuable, and so is your neighborhood, therefore others should be denied the conveniences that you enjoy.

i neither said nor implied any such thing. i typically prefer to take the streets than the highway. ex: although i could easily take 45 to get downtown, i always take studewood to washington /houston or even allen parkway. i certainly never suggested anyone should do anything to make it easier for me. if i want to deal with the pain in the ass of the streets, that's my call. if i take richmond rather than 59 to get to the galleria, that doesn't mean you should give me an unencumbered way to do so through your neighborhood. i stop, drive a respectable speed and even yield to pedestrians and bikes when i can. but i also live in the city and have respect for others that do. i don't see any neighborhood as a mere cut through and i am not using your neighborhood so i can make sure to be out of houston city limits before dark at all costs.

i said no such thing. i always prefer to take the streets than the highway. although i could take 45 to get downtown, i always take studewood to washington /houston or even allen parkway as an example. and i never suggested anyone should do anything to make it easier for me. if i want to deal with the pain in the ass of the streets, that's my call. no one should should

I'm sorry, but this is just too confusing. I can't make sense of you.

I'm sorry, but this is just too confusing. I can't make sense of you.

i gave an example of how i prefer streets to highways, then explained that i don't think you should have to give me a cut through in your neighborhood b/c i choose that kind of route. i'm sorry it was perplexing.

i gave an example of how i prefer streets to highways, then explained that i don't think you should have to give me a cut through in your neighborhood b/c i choose that kind of route. i'm sorry it was perplexing.

Niche is being particularly pugilistic today. I wouldn't take it personally.

Oh, I see. You went back and edited your post.

Oh, I see. You went back and edited your post.

ah- i figured out that i can see what i am writing if i start something, post it and then go back to edit it. i think you were confused by the original statement (rightfully so) while i was typing out the rest in edit mode.

basically, what's happening is when i click reply, i can see a sliver of the boxon top, then the menu for posting (font style, etc) and then more of the box on the bottom but where i am typing is always where the formatting menu is. i can see the cursor moving acorss the blue edittiformat space but not what i am actually typing. i am guessing i am the only one iwth this problem but anyone out there know how i mighgt fix it?

ah- i figured out that i can see what i am writing if i start something, post it and then go back to edit it. i think you were confused by the original statement (rightfully so) while i was typing out the rest in edit mode.

basically, what's happening is when i click reply, i can see a sliver of the boxon top, then the menu for posting (font style, etc) and then more of the box on the bottom but where i am typing is always where the formatting menu is. i can see the cursor moving acorss the blue edittiformat space but not what i am actually typing. i am guessing i am the only one iwth this problem but anyone out there know how i mighgt fix it?

No, I have that problem, too. Only happens in Internet Explorer, though.

you are not the only one--me too. (Although not at home, only at the office). I have tried to reconfigure everything I know and can't fix it.

No, I have that problem, too. Only happens in Internet Explorer, though.

It's been a new problem for me HAIFing from work since the beginning of the year. I can't load another browser on the work machine, and they're stuck on IE 6. 6!!! But my corporate overlords have also blessed us with Lotus Notes. Notes!! Jesus!

Heights Yankee needs to download her some free Firefox.

• 2 weeks later...

There is another public Q & A on the 18th at Regan HS... Not sure of the time. Will keep you posted. Also, there is another Heights Land Use meeting this Monday at 6:30 at the Fire Station on 12th and Yale. If anyone would like to come out and voice whether its a good or bad idea please do it both places then as they are open to the public.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a TxDOT meeting tonight at Reagan HS.... Please come out and listen to what is said and share and questions and comments you might have for TxDOT! This is an important meeting and could decide what 30+ acres in our neighborhood look like. Concrete or a nice park.

Also, please see the attached memo from the Houston Heights Association on their standing in regards to the feeders and detention pond projects.

post-3985-12665037988478_thumb.png

There is a TxDOT meeting tonight at Reagan HS.... Please come out and listen to what is said and share and questions and comments you might have for TxDOT! This is an important meeting and could decide what 30+ acres in our neighborhood look like. Concrete or a nice park.

Also, please see the attached memo from the Houston Heights Association on their standing in regards to the feeders and detention pond projects.

post-3985-12665037988478_thumb.png

SaintCyr, Do you have any feedback you can provide about the meeting tonight? How did it go? Thanks

SaintCyr, Do you have any feedback you can provide about the meeting tonight? How did it go? Thanks

Sure thing... I got there in time to walk around and take a look at all their signs and "plans" and what had been done so far. To be honest, they put on a good show. However, when you began talking to the engineers and project managers they seemed to all have different stories. There seems to have been a disconnection with the city and community as well. Several committees and elected officials voiced concern as well. I'll try and remember all of them, Houston Heights Association, Memorial/Washington Super Neighborhood, Greater Heights Super Neighborhood, White Oak Bayou Association, Citizen Transportation Coalition as well as several residents. They all voiced oppositions to moving forward with the project WITHOUT input from the community and various other state and city groups concerning future flood mitigation and design. The main thing that rang out above all others was the strong opposition to the communities' involvement (or lack of) with the feeder/I-10 expansion and the lagging construction of the flood mitigation measures.

All in all, TxDOT needs to slow things down, coordinate goals with the city and other state groups as well as the community to not just GET IT DONE, but to DO IT RIGHT. I liked all the comments made and agree with 100% that there needs to be more study and communication/cooperation across the board from TxDOT.

The meeting last night really reminded me of the Wizard of Oz... They tried and tried to keep that curtain shut, but there are a few groups who saw past the fancy signs. I hope this opens their eyes that our area is not one to be taken lightly and needs to be involved in the planning.

That all being said, I am not opposed to the projects in whole, BUT I am opposed to the approach that is currently being taken.

D

Thanks for the summary. I actually like the lack of feeders now. I think feeders are actually the root cause of Houston's reputation as an ugly city, and I can't think of another city that has them on practically every inch of freeways. A co-worker from the East Coast told me a couple months ago when we were driving on the Hardy Toll Road between Intercontinental and I-45 that he felt like he wasn't in Texas on that stretch of highway. TxDot definitely needs more adult supervision.

Sure thing... I got there in time to walk around and take a look at all their signs and "plans" and what had been done so far. To be honest, they put on a good show. However, when you began talking to the engineers and project managers they seemed to all have different stories. There seems to have been a disconnection with the city and community as well. Several committees and elected officials voiced concern as well. I'll try and remember all of them, Houston Heights Association, Memorial/Washington Super Neighborhood, Greater Heights Super Neighborhood, White Oak Bayou Association, Citizen Transportation Coalition as well as several residents. They all voiced oppositions to moving forward with the project WITHOUT input from the community and various other state and city groups concerning future flood mitigation and design. The main thing that rang out above all others was the strong opposition to the communities' involvement (or lack of) with the feeder/I-10 expansion and the lagging construction of the flood mitigation measures.

All in all, TxDOT needs to slow things down, coordinate goals with the city and other state groups as well as the community to not just GET IT DONE, but to DO IT RIGHT. I liked all the comments made and agree with 100% that there needs to be more study and communication/cooperation across the board from TxDOT.

The meeting last night really reminded me of the Wizard of Oz... They tried and tried to keep that curtain shut, but there are a few groups who saw past the fancy signs. I hope this opens their eyes that our area is not one to be taken lightly and needs to be involved in the planning.

That all being said, I am not opposed to the projects in whole, BUT I am opposed to the approach that is currently being taken.

D

Thanks for the synopsis!

I wasn't able to make the meeting but went to one before where the main point/goal that TxDOT was trying to achieve was "safety". They do not want people stuck on the freeway with rising water and this is the reason I have heard for the feeders. If this is still the argument they are using I think it's somewhat of a dud. I-10 is very well elevated about Yale and Heights Blvd. and if people driving had made it to those points, then the water must not be threatening the low points (where I-10 drops down to grade just west of Yale and just east of Heights). So I'm wondering if safety was brought up at the meeting at Reagan or if they were honest about there being potential for more business development to take place along new frontage roads.

Thanks for the synopsis!

I wasn't able to make the meeting but went to one before where the main point/goal that TxDOT was trying to achieve was "safety". They do not want people stuck on the freeway with rising water and this is the reason I have heard for the feeders. If this is still the argument they are using I think it's somewhat of a dud. I-10 is very well elevated about Yale and Heights Blvd. and if people driving had made it to those points, then the water must not be threatening the low points (where I-10 drops down to grade just west of Yale and just east of Heights). So I'm wondering if safety was brought up at the meeting at Reagan or if they were honest about there being potential for more business development to take place along new frontage roads.

Robin from the Citizens Tranportation Coalition I believe brought up the issue of flood waters being higher than the feeders and the possibility of cars running blindly into them from I-10 feeder going east at the Yale exit (if built). There wasn't anything brought up about business development brought up. However I have read some very interesting reports and studies that say feeders actually slow freeway traffic (due to ingress and egress(sp?)) and they actually bring more non-local traffic to the community and cause a rise in crime.

Just my .02

D

P.S. I can give some good links if anyone is interested.

Robin from the Citizens Tranportation Coalition I believe brought up the issue of flood waters being higher than the feeders and the possibility of cars running blindly into them from I-10 feeder going east at the Yale exit (if built). There wasn't anything brought up about business development brought up. However I have read some very interesting reports and studies that say feeders actually slow freeway traffic (due to ingress and egress(sp?)) and they actually bring more non-local traffic to the community and cause a rise in crime.

Just my .02

D

P.S. I can give some good links if anyone is interested.

Without having seen any studies, it sounds a bit of a stretch to say that feeders increase crime ("C'mon! Let's drive to other neighborhoods with feeder roads and break the law!") That said, it sounds entirely reasonable that feeders slow freeway traffic and bring a lot of ugliness.

One has to wonder why these are considered important in Houston, while the rest of the country seems to manage fine without them.

I wanted to post this up here so that anyone can have a chance to comment on this... This is via Jim Mackey from the White Oak Bayou Association.

"Attached is the TxDOT presentation from the 2/18/10 public hearing and the accompanying comment form. Comments must be submitted by 3/4/10.

A couple of points...

1. As the last public speaker pointed out at the Public Hearing, TxDOT still has not contacted all the property owners whose land is included in the proposed detention pond sites. That fact first came to light at the Jan 6 meeting in Cottage Grove. TxDOT had over a month to rectify that issue and did not.

2. TxDOT had no additional information at the Public Hearing Presentation regarding their funding sources for the ponds. Again, this was an important question at the Jan 6 meeting.

Take care all,

Jim Mackey "

Please see the attached document for the comment card... If anyone wants the presentation please email me and I'll forward it to you (too large to post).

Thanks,

D

I10 Comment Form.pdf

Archived