Jump to content
brian0123

More coming to Midtown!

Recommended Posts

I mean, it's within two blocks of Weights & Measures and 13 Degrees Celsius. I think if they can veer more toward that demographic rather than the more stereotypical bro-y midtown scene they'll be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, the 3101 San Jacinto location has been, in the past, Club Empire and Club Myst, with dreadful results for nearby residents including a driveby in which 6 people were shot in May of 2015, when it was billed as Club Empire.  The nearby residents and businesses protested the TABC license in 2016 and the place shut down soon after.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This tickled me. Feel free to delete if too dumb/off topic. Was browsing the permit site for 77004.

Looks like Hopkins wants a new pool!

 

 

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 7.12.48 PM.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wahlburgers opening in Midtown.


From Eater Houston

 

Is Houston the next location for a celeb-owned burger chain with its own reality show? The speculation is on about an outpost of Wahlburgers landing in Houston. Actor Mark Wahlberg and his brothers Donnie and Paul own the chain, which serves burgers, sandwiches, and milkshakes and has its own A&E reality show Wahlburgers.
 

Here are a few pieces of evidence: there’s an Instagram account created for Wahlberg Houston with no content posted yet. In the meeting notes of the Midtown Management District Board of Directors Meeting for April 4, there’s a mention that Wahlburgers is “finalizing negotiations to open a Wahlburgers Restaurant near Midtown Park.”

https://houston.eater.com/2018/7/24/17604666/wahlburgers-houston

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Wahlburgers opening in Midtown.


From Eater Houston

 

Is Houston the next location for a celeb-owned burger chain with its own reality show? The speculation is on about an outpost of Wahlburgers landing in Houston. Actor Mark Wahlberg and his brothers Donnie and Paul own the chain, which serves burgers, sandwiches, and milkshakes and has its own A&E reality show Wahlburgers.
 

Here are a few pieces of evidence: there’s an Instagram account created for Wahlberg Houston with no content posted yet. In the meeting notes of the Midtown Management District Board of Directors Meeting for April 4, there’s a mention that Wahlburgers is “finalizing negotiations to open a Wahlburgers Restaurant near Midtown Park.”

https://houston.eater.com/2018/7/24/17604666/wahlburgers-houston

 

Perhaps they will be located in the retail strip on the north side of Camden Station apartments? Never heard of this restaurant and don't anything about how large or small their locations are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sanjorade said:

I believe whalburgers is going on Washington where Grafiti’s was. 

 

WHaT!! Woohooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sanjorade said:

I believe whalburgers is going on Washington where Grafiti’s was. 

 

Source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sanjorade said:

I believe whalburgers is going on Washington where Grafiti’s was. 

 

8 hours ago, Avossos said:

 

WHaT!! Woohooo

 

4 hours ago, Avossos said:

 

Source?

 

35 minutes ago, Sanjorade said:

 

Heard from a neighboring business.  



Really? One of the reason Grafitti's at Union St closed is because of the parking situation. Customers had no where to park with the Tyler Flood building going up and neighbors complaining of customers parking in the streets.

Midtown is the better location. There is parking, parking garages, and it's a walkable area in comparison to Union St and Washington Avenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2018 at 9:58 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

 

 

 



Really? One of the reason Grafitti's at Union St closed is because of the parking situation. Customers had no where to park with the Tyler Flood building going up and neighbors complaining of customers parking in the streets.

Midtown is the better location. There is parking, parking garages, and it's a walkable area in comparison to Union St and Washington Avenue.

 

Just what I’ve heard in passing. Also, Grafiti’s really sucked. Ha.

 

$18 for an over salted chicken fried steak. No thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another note about the parking situation with regards to Grafiti’s: From what I understand, the owners were such jerks to the other tenants during build out that the landlord decided to create separate lots. They would have had a ton more parking if they weren’t asshats :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sanjorade said:

Another note about the parking situation with regards to Grafiti’s: From what I understand, the owners were such jerks to the other tenants during build out that the landlord decided to create separate lots. They would have had a ton more parking if they weren’t asshats :)

 

Other tenants?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

 

Other tenants?  

 

The landlord owns several of the buildings there. The tenants share parking lots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw that Rico’s at Bagby Park is closing down. Surprising because I was always surprised that they had a regular stream of customers every time I drove by. The announcement was on the business’ instagram 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 10:34 AM, corbs315 said:

Couple things I noticed on the permitting website today:

 

Something called the "Social Beer Garden" at 3101 San Jacinto (appears to have been a series of failed clubs here before).

 I found a website for The Gypsy Poet:

http://thegypsypoetstudio.com/

 

Looks like it's going to be an artsy cafe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke to the people at the Dog Boarding/Training facility across the street and their realtor confirmed that a pizza place is going in at 2404 Austin.

 

This was on the Gypsy Poet Instagram story this morning:

https://flic.kr/p/PjenVG

 

Slow moving, but progress being made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2017 at 5:11 PM, BeerNut said:

Updated photo

r7MmnRe.jpg

Around the corner...

4I8fqvv.jpg

UuaqG3G.jpg

 

A little over a year later...

xdHSMc9.jpg

qdVTF0h.jpg

bMBaBDJ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 11:00 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:



Social Beer Garden at 3101 San Jacinto (Houston midtown) is bar from a guy who owns Shamrock Pub in Humble. I would be surprised if this place survives in Midtown. The Kirby Group and the group with Pub Fiction have a grip on the Midtown bar landscape.

fXcbVfe.jpg

FEvlvml.jpg

2S5Dlxs.jpg

Guess the land owners had some legal issues is why this is taking forever

Edited by BeerNut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2018 at 8:23 AM, phillip_white said:

I spoke to the people at the Dog Boarding/Training facility across the street and their realtor confirmed that a pizza place is going in at 2404 Austin.

 

This was on the Gypsy Poet Instagram story this morning:

https://flic.kr/p/PjenVG

 

Slow moving, but progress being made.

Little concerned about this one. The place looks dark and cleaned out, and we haven't heard anything from them in a while.

Also, there used to be signage for that gaming arena and now it's gone. I wonder what happened to this block.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...