Midtown Restaurant And Bar Scene - More Coming

WestGrayGuy

west side seems to be getting tons of infill in midtown right now...

- Camden City Centre Phase II - 3 Buildings - underconstruction

- Post Midtown Phase III - two lots seperated by a street underconstruction

- Post Midtown Phase IV - construction scheduled to start in summer 2012

- City Place - Phase II - construction fence up

- Carnegie Vanguard HS - Taft and Grey - underconstruction

I know there are more in the pipeline but these are already underconstruction or are close to starting

Drove through the area last night and was surprised how fast things are coming along. The garage for Camden Phase II looks to be close to completion and Post Midtown is already up to 3 floors of framing (if not more, it was dark)...I'm ready to move in!

• 2 weeks later...

There's a sign up on the empty lot on West Gray across from Post Midtown Square, next to Cafe Layal mentioning a shopping center coming soon, with a rendering on the front. Does anyone have anymore info on this? I'll try to take a pic when I get some time.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Houston,+TX&hl=en&ll=29.753286,-95.378392&spn=0.0012,0.001164&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.02446,76.289063&oq=houston&hnear=Houston,+Harris,+Texas&t=h&z=20

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UrbanLiving put up a sign at Jackson & Drew.

Any details? Nothing on their site yet. The block is about 50% filled in with townhomes, and 50% empty. I suppose this is a 3 or 4 townhouse development that will fill in half the remaining empty space.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news. But I can't predict anything being successful unless it involves getting rid of that Greyhound station as well. The Texaco is not the root of the problem, it's the Greyhound station.

It was a more peaceful and safer area when they used to have a drive-thru Taco Bell there years ago. It's gone downhill since everyone ran for the border

I happened to drive by yesterday, and I am not entirely sure they are demolishing the entire structure. They were very carefully demolishing the end cap near the car wash. The entire place is still operational, and there doesn't seem to be any signs of the tenants moving out any time soon. This is a great piece of property which has been severely underutilized for a long time. The greyhound station will need to disappear as well before any viable buyer considers developing a class A or B type project.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really midtown but close enough. The club Reign is closed, I noticed in January, but after last September I am not surprised. It was very popular in 2010, even half of 2011, but I think it was sold to a new owner, the crowd went downhill, they closed the upstairs, and finally the whole club. Night clubs have short shelf lives.

Guys, I don't know what to say about the rooftop bar, they told me it was going to be permanent but needed a few weeks to open. My friends are giving me a lot of s*** about this too, haha sorry. Maybe conditions/financing has changed.

Guys, I don't know what to say about the rooftop bar, they told me it was going to be permanent but needed a few weeks to open. My friends are giving me a lot of s*** about this too, haha sorry. Maybe conditions/financing has changed.

LOL -- We'll give it the award for fastest opening/closing !!!

Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George is taken to an awesome secret club full of models (because he's dating one). After breaking up with her and trying to go back with Jerry, there is nothing there except for a meat storage room.

Edited by brian0123