Midtown Restaurant And Bar Scene - More Coming

WestGrayGuy

The land across from Camden Travis is probably what you are referring to. I talked to one of the managers that works at Camden Travis and they are supposed to break ground in the fourth quarter. I have been told that it will be retail on the first floor and apartments on the next three floors.

So I guess it's not going to be a park like some hoped it would.

Midtown is definitely in a building boom. So glad to see!!

Speaking of, does anyone have the scoop on a very fast construction at Louisiana and Hadley. My guess is a Taco Cabana, based on the store layout.

I LOVE Taco Cabana!!!

Really? Fake Tex-mex food IMO.

Midtown is definitely in a building boom. So glad to see!!

Speaking of, does anyone have the scoop on a very fast construction at Louisiana and Hadley. My guess is a Taco Cabana, based on the store layout.

I LOVE Taco Cabana!!!

It's going to be a new bar concept owned by the owners of Pub Fiction

I walked by Pub Fiction 2.0 yesterday and the sign hanging from it says "Celtic Gardens - Coming Summer 2011"

There is supposed to be a rooftop bar... perhaps the roof will be "celtic gardens"? Sounds pretty cool if it is :)

Here's a bunch of pics I took from my balcony showing the construction progress of the Scout Square parking garage

https://picasaweb.google.com/Mark77006/ScoutSquare?authkey=Gv1sRgCJqf8IGs2fCYqQE&feat=directlink

If Im posting the link wrong (or not supposed to post something like that) just let me know and I'll fix/remove it...

• Like 2

Here's a bunch of pics I took from my balcony showing the construction progress of the Scout Square parking garage

https://picasaweb.google.com/Mark77006/ScoutSquare?authkey=Gv1sRgCJqf8IGs2fCYqQE&feat=directlink

If Im posting the link wrong (or not supposed to post something like that) just let me know and I'll fix/remove it...

Nice time-lapse. Sorry about your change in view.

I notice that the construction phase in the latest Google Maps satellite image almost matches your photo number 13. It looks like they were taken within days of each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any details on the liklihood of Camden City Centre II moving forward this year? The presentation makes it sound like 2011 might be a likely year for the project to start.

http://www.snl.com/C...&FID=1001157718 from March 14, 2011

Slide 27

Potential 2011 Development Starts

Camden City Centre II - Houston, TX - 260 projected homes - 36 million projected cost

Older news about the developments, I assume the other block they are talking about is the superblock

http://blog.chron.co...llion-offering/

From a late April Press Release...nothing detailed yet but there are some projects in the pipeline, just don't know if Houston is one for sure or not.

"Development Activity

Lease-up continued during the first quarter at Camden Ivy Hall, a $17 million joint venture community owned by the Fund which is currently 85% leased. Construction continued during the quarter on two wholly-owned development communities: Camden LaVina, a $61 million project in Orlando, FL; and Camden Summerfield II, a $32 million project in Landover, MD. Initial occupancy at these communities is scheduled for mid- to late 2011, with construction completions expected by early to mid-2012. In addition, the Company began construction during the first quarter on Camden Royal Oaks II, a $14 million project in Houston, TX scheduled for initial occupancy in late 2011 with construction completion expected in early to mid-2012.

Subsequent to quarter-end, the Company began construction on three additional wholly-owned development communities comprising 978 apartment homes for a total cost of $141 million: Camden Montague in Tampa, FL, a $23 million project with 192 apartment homes; Camden Westchase in Tampa, FL, a $52 million project with 348 apartment homes; and Camden Town Square in Orlando, FL, a $66 million project with 438 apartment homes.

In addition, Camden sold a land parcel in Washington, DC to the Fund for approximately $9.4 million subsequent to quarter-end, and the Company was reimbursed for previously written-off third party development costs, resulting in a gain of $4.7 million that will be recorded in the second quarter of 2011. Construction on this community - Camden South Capitol, an $88 million project with 276 apartment homes – also commenced subsequent to quarter-end.

The Company has four additional development communities expected to begin construction later in 2011 or during 2012. "

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 1

http://www.smartapar...onstruction.pdf

some intersting information from a new presentation

"MID TOWN SITE PROPOSED

Developer: Camden Property Company

CAMDEN CITY CENTRE 2 PROPOSED

Developer: Camden Property Company

POST MIDTOWN SQUARE PHASE III PROPOSED

Developer: Post Properties

GABLES POST OAK PROPOSED

Developer: Gables Residential