Midtown Restaurant And Bar Scene - More Coming

WestGrayGuy

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw them ripping up the parking lot at Caroline & Hadley a couple days ago.  Went by today and found out that Advantage BMW is building a new detailing shop to replace the one that will be torn down across gray from the dealership (same block as their newly acquired/remodeled used car center).  Better than an empty lot or townhomes, I guess.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

There's a new developer sign posted at wheeler and main caddy corner to Sears. It lists commonground.net as the developer's website, but that is clearly a work in progress. Anyone heard of this outfit? I would love to see this big lot used as something other than a base of operations for panhandlers.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new bar/lounge that's opened up in the old barcadia spot across from the superblock. I never heard anything about it or saw remodeling crews, but they had their soft opening tonight. 60's themed with the place decked out in retro furniture and decorations.  It looks like a classy change to what Midtown is used to.

What happened to Wharhols - real story? Open for what 3 months - so nice on the inside I know there is more to that story. Interesting about 2401 Main - I know Patio Bar was great and pretty busy when they first opened but lately has been a ghost town. Wish them the best!

It was sold to a group doing an asian-style club, VAO. Not sure when it's supposed to open though but I saw them stocking up on alcohol last weekend. 

Edited by infinite_jim

Link below is a month or so old, but that restaurant/bakery/bar (and the team behind it), the MetDance Studio in same location, together with coming Superblock and Caroline street reconstruction, and recent makeovers of Baldwin annd Grover Parks, would hopefully mean positive things going forward now in next few years in Midtown in that neighborhood immediately to the west of Main (north of Elgin, south of McGowen or so)...Agree? Disagree? http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/06-29-14-midtown-makeover-massive-new-restaurant-bar-bakery-in-an-old-garage-looks-to-change-a-neighborhood/

Edited by houparent

Link below is a month or so old, but that restaurant/bakery/bar (and the team behind it), the MetDance Studio in same location, together with coming Superblock and Caroline street reconstruction, and recent makeovers of Baldwin annd Grover Parks, would hopefully mean positive things going forward now in next few years in Midtown in that neighborhood immediately to the west of Main (north of Elgin, south of McGowen or so)...Agree? Disagree? http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/06-29-14-midtown-makeover-massive-new-restaurant-bar-bakery-in-an-old-garage-looks-to-change-a-neighborhood/