Midtown Restaurant And Bar Scene - More Coming

WestGrayGuy

post-9042-0-33340700-1376613384_thumb.jp

Le Saigon Cafe coming (returning?) To 3101 Main across from the HCC building.

More retail right on the rail line, I LIKE IT!

(You can see where the words SAIGON CAFE used to be on the side of this building in big signage letters, does anyone remember the original and how long ago it was there? I dont.)

And I have no idea why the pic is sideways other than I took the pic sideways on my phone but its not appearing sideways in my photo gallery. Sorry.

• Like 1

http://blogs.ridemetro.org/blogs/write_on/archive/2013/07/23/Midtown-Develops-into-Hip-Urban-Spot.aspx

"You'll hear three experts: Dan Barnum, vice president of HBL Architects, involved with Midtown since the 1980s; William Franks, chair of the Midtown Management District and chair of Capital Projects for Oxberry Group; and Bob Schultz of RHS Interests, which is planning a mixed-income, multi-family community and converting an antiques store into a boutique hotel."

Everyone that stands to benefit politically is patting themselves on the back about the opening of the Travis Street Plaza, the 192 room complex for homeless and disabled veterans. What's not to like, right? It all sounds good during the ribbon cutting ceremony, but the reality is that area will go down based on the scope-creep (intentional or otherwise) of Cloudbreak. The original Midtown complex was promised to only house homeless vets, but then they opened it up to any homeless person despite taking money from the city and promising it was only for homeless vets.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2013/08/midtown-housing-project-opens/?cmpid=businesshcat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if this is a serious proposal? 3600 Main would be the location.

1-Money-shot-A_Brick_V3.jpg

Houston's first TOD, Mid Main is a two-block mixed use development right in the city’s up and coming entertainment district that includes the Continental Club, the Ensemble Theatre and the new Match. The design reconfigures theTexas wrap and the concept of the garden apartments residences of Houston. With MidMain’s light rail stop right outside the door, the building will be 70% studios to address the needs and spirit of young professionals, the new demographics that will ride the rail.

money-shot-B_Brick_V7-big-boxes.jpg

http://rogersarchitects.com/mid-main/

• Like 3

It's serious. The developer owns the block(s) to the south where Continental Club, etc are located. He's a big fan of Austin and wanted to bring a lot of that feel to Houston. I'm not crazy about street abandonment, but this looks like a decent project..

Thanks largetexas! def deserves it's own thread, but wanted to confirm first.

I believe he was waiting for confirmation before he started the new thread.  Urbannizer was the one who started the thread you referenced.  :P

I'm on board with this project.  Looks like a definite improvement and adding more residences along the rail line has got to be an easy sell for the young crowd that will most likely be filling these units up.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...