Tennison Lofts At 110 Bagby St.

gto250us

developer Ray Ferguson formed an LLP, One Bayou park to purchase the building in 1997. They planned to open luxury apartments and offices. In 2000 they changed their minds and decided to open "Theater Hotel" on the site in 2001.

The place was renovated but has been vacant for years now. I suspect someone took a bath on this project.

I now see, thanks to Google, that the Hotel was forclosed on by Southwest Bank in May 2003. Trammel Crow was hired to market to place. Hell, they should have gotten one of those hotel loans from the cith which you do not need to pay back if you do not want to. a la Magnolia Hotel.

• 9 months later...
Anyone know what the story is with the Tennyson? It was redone into lofts but never seemed to open up. There was a fire in the parking garage a couple of weeks ago. Was the redevelopment a scam? What is the story?

Is the Tennyson Hotel a ritzy joint that charges a minimum $200 a night like the Four Seasons Hotel?

Is the Tennyson Hotel a ritzy joint that charges a minimum $200 a night like the Four Seasons Hotel?

nope, just a derilict building between the freeway and the post office.

Are you saying that it's condemned and unoccupied? A lot of old hotels suffer that fate.

read the thread above. it was renovated a few years back but was never finished after financial problems

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This description may be so vague I might be wasting my time, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Traveling North on 45, once you pass the Downtown Aquarium, there is a white big brick building that rises about two or three stories over the freeway and stands what seems like an arms length away from it on the right.. It has a gold star I think with a circle around it and one section has tall glass windows. A couple years ago, I think the glass was even broken.

I haven't passed by there in a while, but ever since it's been there, it doesn't look like its been occupied. I have no idea what the building is for. It looks like it could have been some kind of residential building.

Does anyone have a clue to what I'm talking about or what that building is?

----------

it might be a little further past the aquarium than i'm leading on, i'm not sure. i would say its in the dt vicinity though

Edited by lockmat

• 9 months later...

I drove by the old hotel today during my lunch hour because I'm curious to know what's going on. There have been workers on site for the past several months. I walked around inside to see if I could spot a sales officer, but nobody was there. It looked like they were in the process of picking out molding for the interior. There were several pieces lined up around the walls. This one kind of intrigues me.

• 2 years later...

Hello Everyone, I moved into the Tennison lofts a couple of months ago and have since become really interested in the history of this building. I've done lots of searching online, but there just doesn't seem to be much. I know it was originally a hotel built in 1922 to serve the train station, and that it was abandoned sometime in the 70s. I've searched for pictures and only seem to be able to find a few. Obviously it wasn't an "important" hotel like the Rice, but it is located in an intriguing little corner of downtown, and I wish there were more about it. Like interior photos, brochures, anything like that. So I was wondering if anyone has any more info on it. Anyone ever stay here when it was hotel? Any pics or recollections? here's a link to a pic:

http://sloanegallery.com/HotelTennison1.jpg

Hello Everyone, I moved into the Tennison lofts a couple of months ago and have since become really interested in the history of this building. I've done lots of searching online, but there just doesn't seem to be much. I know it was originally a hotel built in 1922 to serve the train station, and that it was abandoned sometime in the 70s. I've searched for pictures and only seem to be able to find a few. Obviously it wasn't an "important" hotel like the Rice, but it is located in an intriguing little corner of downtown, and I wish there were more about it. Like interior photos, brochures, anything like that. So I was wondering if anyone has any more info on it. Anyone ever stay here when it was hotel? Any pics or recollections? here's a link to a pic:

http://sloanegallery...elTennison1.jpg

Hello Masoko,

You can call John Tennison at, 210-884-0990, or e - mail him at, tennison@texaspsychiatry.net He is the family historian. I'm sure he could direct you to plenty of sources. Good luck.

Here is a comprehensive history of the Tennison family from their time in Georgia in the early 19th century through their migration to Arkansas and Texas. Scroll down about two-thirds on this web site http://www.tennitex.com/ to find information about the Tennison Hotel. In its day the Tennison may not have been as important as the Rice but its location near the train station means that it probably had some visitors of significance. By the way, best wishes for a happy and prosperous 2010 to everyone.

Does anyone know who owns this building?

My cousin (who is more like a sister to me) and her boyfriend have lived here for a couple of months and are trying to contact the owners with regards to numerous issues.

One of my friends has already moved out (this week actually) of this place because it is so bad.

- The management is a joke. They have the leasing agent serving as the property manager and she is awful, very nice but not very smart.

- Parking (rather lack of parking)

- Cable installation for their apartment was $300 (the building should have had these apartments cable ready)

- The doorbox doesn't work so if you have a package or delivery coming you have to wait out in the lobby to get your delivery or package as there is also no door man

- The only "amenities" this place has is a "gym" with old equipment (I really wouldn't call it a gym as there is no weights or weight system, it is more of a cardio room) and a pool table.

My cousin (who is more like a sister to me) and her boyfriend have lived here for a couple of months and are trying to contact the owners with regards to numerous issues.

Owner Name & Mailing Address:

YAZDCORP FUNDS V LLC

10405 TOWN AND COUNTRY WAY STE 105

HOUSTON TX 77024-1110

Edited by kylejack

More on Yazdcorp:

YAZDCORP FUNDS V LLC

10405 TOWN AND COUNTRY WAY STE 105

HOUSTON, TX 77024-1110

IN GOOD STANDING NOT FOR DISSOLUTION OR WITHDRAWAL through May 17, 2010

Registered Agent:

BOB S YAZDANI-BEIOKY

4669 S.W. FRWY, SUITE 730

HOUSTON, TX 77027

DIRECTOR:

CAROLYN YAZDANI-BEIOKY

9303 TOWN PARK

HOUSTON , TX 77036

State of Formation:

TX

File Number:

SOS Registration Date:

September 30, 2002

Taxpayer Number:

One of my friends has already moved out (this week actually) of this place because it is so bad.

- The management is a joke. They have the leasing agent serving as the property manager and she is awful, very nice but not very smart.

- Cable installation for their apartment was $300 (the building should have had these apartments cable ready)

- The doorbox doesn't work so if you have a package or delivery coming you have to wait out in the lobby to get your delivery or package as there is also no door man

- The only "amenities" this place has is a "gym" with old equipment (I really wouldn't call it a gym as there is no weights or weight system, it is more of a cardio room) and a pool table.

Interesting, I haven't had any of those issues with the exception of the gym, which does need work. In fact I'm really loving it here. I don't have a TV though, so I can't speak to that issue.

• 1 month later...

That is interesting, cable didn't cost anything to install for my unit. I've never had a problem receiving any of my packages, as the manager receives them in her office. I must say I am very content living here, and in my opinion, it has one of the best views of downtown in the city. I usually have a lot of complaints with places I have lived, but this one has been a great experience. Oh and the "friend" you spoke of... I am very glad that drama-queen has left the building.

That is interesting, cable didn't cost anything to install for my unit. I've never had a problem receiving any of my packages, as the manager receives them in her office. I must say I am very content living here, and in my opinion, it has one of the best views of downtown in the city. I usually have a lot of complaints with places I have lived, but this one has been a great experience. Oh and the "friend" you spoke of... I am very glad that drama-queen has left the building.

Wow seriously... I find this "Haifer" to be hilarious. Don't think for one second anyone believes you. I mean come on, you must work for the lofts. The fact that you are referring to the "drama-queen" (which is funny if I may say so, because he is one) tells me for sure that you do in fact work for the company that "manages" (for a lack of a better word) this building.

• Like 2

I'm inclined to believe what he says. You mean to tell me that packages get returned to sender if you're not there to personally sign for them? I seriously doubt that.

They don't get returned the first, second or third time, but they will send them back if they can't get anyone to receive them. I know a few times packages have come when our concierge was on a break and FED Ex, or whomever would come back the next day. Usually though there is a set time these delivery companies come so someone is always there. But as for this building, I do not know.