Jenni's Noodle House At 602 E. 20th St.

Jessica N

Nice. Maybe a little common sense is in order though. Pet owners just need to display some courtesy and keep their dog at home if untrained or rambunctious. Taking your pet to a place of business is a privilege, and it shouldn't override the rights of paying customers to enjoy their experience.

In Houston it is not a privilege.

Other cities that allow it (like Dallas) have enacted measures to ensure that animals aren't bothering customers. The dog has to be on a leash, there must be a separate entrance to the patio so the dog doesn't have to go through the restaurant, and staff are prohibited from petting the dog.

In Houston it is not a privilege.

Other cities that allow it (like Dallas) have enacted measures to ensure that animals aren't bothering customers. The dog has to be on a leash, there must be a separate entrance to the patio so the dog doesn't have to go through the restaurant, and staff are prohibited from petting the dog.

This is easy Kylejack, simply apply your own solution: Move to Dallas. It's a simple matter of preference right?

I fail to see the need for anyone to bring any animal to a restaurant. That includes, but is not limited to, Llamas, monkeys, parrots, snakes, pigs ... I could continue the list, but the question is, whose pet do you deny from where??

This is easy Kylejack, simply apply your own solution: Move to Dallas. It's a simple matter of preference right?

I fail to see the need for anyone to bring any animal to a restaurant. That includes, but is not limited to, Llamas, monkeys, parrots, snakes, pigs ... I could continue the list, but the question is, whose pet do you deny from where??

I've seen many dogs better behaved than many children.

Just sayin'... :-)

You may be able to ban dogs on this mortal coil, but you'd better get used to them, because all dogs go to Heaven.

I'm good with dogs at a bar atmopshere...Porch Swing, Woodrow's,hell...even Onion Creek which doesn't allow dogs anymore. However, dogs do not belong at a restaurant.

Patio in the back please.

Porch Swing and Onion Creek both serve food and are thusly restaurants, so I will take that to mean that you are okay with dogs at certain types of restaurants. Like say, restaurants with patios.

I've seen many dogs better behaved than many children.

Just sayin'... :-)

I've never met anyone who is allergic to children, but there are TONS of people allergic to cats and dogs. That's not something to dismiss lightly.

Also, my kids have pooped at restaurants, but guess what? They wear diapers, and it was all cleaned up without another patron even knowing about it. I doubt the case will be the same for dogs based on the poop I'm always dodging IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN HIKE/BIKE TRAIL!!! Come on pet owners, you're just giving me more fuel to hate you. And come on, dog-who-poops-on-concrete, that doesn't seem just a little bit weird to you? Find some nice, soft grass so you can get a good cleansing drag in afterward.

We are making design decisions now in the planning process for this restaurant opening. We have some choices in how we are going to set this restaurant up and how the customer will experince JNH. I'd like some feedback. Look for us to open this summer in June. Thanks, Dream

Booths or tables and chairs?

Counter service or full service?

Should we close at 10pm or 9pm? 10.

What time should we open on Sunday noon or 11am?

How many high chairs will I need 4, 6, or 8? ZERO!

Will the neighborhood walk or ride their bike? I'll bike because I'm only two blocks away.

How many bikes should the bike rack hold? At least four.

Patio out front under the awning or in the back with a big grassy play area? Both. That way the dirty, drooling creatures can be out back and the adults and dogs can be out front.

Coke or pepsi? Coke.

Access to water for dogs outside and free dog bones? Y or N Yes, if you can get away with it.

Porch Swing and Onion Creek both serve food and are thusly restaurants, so I will take that to mean that you are okay with dogs at certain types of restaurants. Like say, restaurants with patios.

Over 51% of the sales are alcohol...meaning they area a bar that sells food.

Booths or tables and chairs? - Tables and chairs. This is a necessity if my grandmother is with us, she cannot get in and out of booths. If it's just us we still prefer chairs.

Counter service or full service? Full service. We love the Shepherd location, it really works, we really enjoy going there for lunch. We still prefer full service.

Should we close at 10pm or 9pm? 10.

What time should we open on Sunday noon or 11am? 11.

How many high chairs will I need 4, 6, or 8? N/A we have no kids, will leave this one for the people with children.

Will the neighborhood walk or ride their bike? Yes, depending on the weather. We like to bike and walk when it's nice out, but drive when it rains.

How many bikes should the bike rack hold? If we come with one other couple that's 4 right there, so I would think at least 8 bikes.

Patio out front under the awning or in the back with a big grassy play area? If the idea for a grassy play area is setting aside some space for children that's good for us adults without kids because we can dine inside in the quiet while the kids are outside playing in the back. Alternatively you could go the direction of Daily Review Cafe, we enjoy dining in the outside seating on the lawn. Whether you go the direction of Lupe Tortilla off 59 which has that great play area where the kids run around while the adults are inside at the bar, or the direction of additional seating, once people discover the yummy food and business is booming you can add a front patio under the awning and have both. Keep up the good food and people will come!

Coke or pepsi? Coke. None of our dinner friends drink Pepsi products and one of our closest friends is addicted to Diet Coke.

Access to water for dogs outside and free dog bones? Y or N. No dogs, we like dogs but don't want to have them at dinner. We love our cat very much, but no cats either please. No parrots, iguanas, snakes, etc. Our good friend is allergic to dogs and cats. She lives in Timbergrove and we eat in the Heights together very often.

Will the restaurant allow BYOB with a corkage fee? One of the things we like about Collinas, Dry Creek, Vietnam, etc is that we can bring in our own wine.

Access to water for dogs outside and free dog bones? Y or N. No dogs, we like dogs but don't want to have them at dinner. We love our cat very much, but no cats either please. No parrots, iguanas, snakes, etc.

Agreed. I find it off-putting to have animals around while I'm eating. But I still want to enjoy an outdoor seating area when the weather is nice, so please don't ask me to avoid the patio. And as long as it's specifically prohibited by the city of Houston I would expect you to follow the law.

Will the restaurant allow BYOB with a corkage fee? One of the things we like about Collinas, Dry Creek, Vietnam, etc is that we can bring in our own wine.

This is how we decide where to go for dinner in the Heights: we pull out our list of BYOB restaurants and pick one based on what food we want to eat.

What about to eat? I don't want to go to a restaurant that serves only tofu and salad.

Ah... Yes Flinch, we certainly don't ever want to encourage a shallow menu! We're an international city now.

Note : CDC Stats

Out of the almost five million people bitten by dogs every year in the United States, close to 900,000 require medical attention. Nearly 400,000 of those people are seriously injured by dog bites. <LI>Over 31,000 people underwent reconstructive surgery due to dog attacks

* Just a point that hasn't been brought up yet.

It seems like our customers who walk to our restaurants now with their dogs always sit on the last patio table away from the door. We basically, "don't ask don't tell" and this has worked. We were thinking of having a little can of dog bones and access to water for these customers by the last outdoor table. Dogs are not allowed in the dining room or allowed to go thur the dining room to get to the back yard per coh health code regulation. That's were we are on this issue so everyone can chill.

dream

It seems like our customers who walk to our restaurants now with their dogs always sit on the last patio table away from the door. We basically, "don't ask don't tell" and this has worked. We were thinking of having a little can of dog bones and access to water for these customers by the last outdoor table. Dogs are not allowed in the dining room or allowed to go thur the dining room to get to the back yard per coh health code regulation. That's were we are on this issue so everyone can chill.

dream

"We have some choices in how we are going to set this restaurant up and how the customer will experince JNH. I'd like some feedback. Thanks, Dream."

Chill?... WWTM?, I guess this means we don't get to make any more suggestions? BTW, what was the tally on the topics queeried? The only thing that seems important to you by your posts, are dog bones, and water....Hmm...

"We have some choices in how we are going to set this restaurant up and how the customer will experince JNH. I'd like some feedback. Thanks, Dream."

Chill?... WWTM?, I guess this means we don't get to make any more suggestions? BTW, what was the tally on the topics queeried? The only thing that seems important to you by your posts, are dog bones, and water....Hmm...

Agreed. This came across as kinda pissy. I hope Dream noticed how abruptly people stopped giving feedback...

it seemed like the thread was turning into the dog lovers versus the kid lovers and no middle ground. the city has health regulations that don't allow dogs/pets inside a restaurant. i don't care if someone sits out front with a nice dog and eats their meal. will i give the dog water? yes. will i give the dog a treat? yes

what if it's a big huge pit bull with tatoos and scares every kid that walks by it? i'm not sure and understand the parents who are concerned.

bike rack: yes

tables and booths: yes, both

counter or full service: counter

byob: yes

grassy play area: yes

coke or pepsi: coke

thanks for all the feedback, i got a lot of emails from the mama mafia and the heights kids club blog. the info was great, we are looking forward to opening this summer and meeting everyone in the area.

dream

it seemed like the thread was turning into the dog lovers versus the kid lovers and no middle ground. the city has health regulations that don't allow dogs/pets inside a restaurant. i don't care if someone sits out front with a nice dog and eats their meal. will i give the dog water? yes. will i give the dog a treat? yes

what if it's a big huge pit bull with tatoos and scares every kid that walks by it? i'm not sure and understand the parents who are concerned.

thanks for all the feedback, i got a lot of emails from the mama mafia and the heights kids club blog. the info was great, we are looking forward to opening this summer and meeting everyone in the area.

dream

mama mafia! ha! that made me laugh :lol: proud member- foodie division.

heights kids group currently has over 750 members, each representing a family of at least 3. while i can understand some people don't always enjoy being around kids, suggesting a casual restaurant have no highchairs is like suggesting they put out a sign that says "we're going to turn away 2500 people at random. have a nice day" :P

dream

Please don't discriminate against the pitbull based solely on it's looks and tattoos, unless you do the same with Samoan and tattooed humans. If you have a pitbull barking and snipping or a dachshund barking and snipping the behavior is what should get them thrown out, not their breed (race).

Jenni's Noodles will be welcomed in the Heights by all those who don't need to have complete control over every aspect of their environment, including the noise of children, the grimaces of the judgmental and the happy faces of dogs.

Lightening up leads to Peace!

• 3 months later...

Looks like Jenni's opened Saturday night. Our garage apartment resident walked over last night and had soup and egg rolls, which he said were both good. Looking forward to the new option!

Actually opened up Friday night (last minute announcement via their Facebook page). Great food, and a steady stream of folks coming in. Clean, fast, yummy, and BYOB. Can't complain!

• The title was changed to Jenni's Noodles Coming To Heights?
  • The title was changed to Jenni's Noodle House At 602 E. 20th St.

Archived