Dallas Cowboys Stadium

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do U also agree that Arlington put in a lot of money for the Cowboys' new stadium, yet Dallas didn't put in a dime, yet still has the team named after them? U don't think that's a sweet deal?

Sweet deal? You got that right; Dallas gets the glory and Arlington gets the bill. Nobody said Dallas is stupid. If JJ wanted to build his stadium in Dallas, then fine. But having the tax payers pay for the thing is something only cities full of fools do.

Teams playing in a suburb and still retaining the city name is nothing new. American professional sports teams are franchises and brand names. They retain the draw of the region, not some individual municipalities. if you were from say, Chicago and they said the Irving Cowboys, wouldn't you be like....where dat? who dat? Nobody knows these places from afar. Jerry Jones and any other owner knows this(except Disney with the angels and Mighty Duck who were trying to brand the Angels with Disney). Notice they are now the Los Angeles Angels) The Lakers were not the Inglewood Lakers when they were at the forum. The Giants and Jets are not the New Jersey Giants or Jets. There are no Landover Redskins, there were no Pontiac Lions or Auburn Hills Pistons, no St Paul Wild. Despite what the suburbans think of Dallas, it is the big draw in our region. It has the hotels, it has the skyline, it has the most to do, and has a history beside old cotton fields. If anyone should be paying, it should be the Cowboys to use Dallas in its name.

It's hard to belive that this won't be built in Dallas.

Yeah man i know what you mean. First Irving now Arlington, I was kind of hoping that this would be built down town to bring some live back to the area, even though it is pretty lively we could always use an-other stadium there

• 3 months later...

North Texas gets Super Bowl

01:11 PM CDT on Tuesday, May 22, 2007

By BRUCE TOMASO / The Dallas Morning News

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...l.943eb5a8.html

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The new Dallas Cowboys stadium in Arlington will host the 2011 Super Bowl, the National Football League announced today.

NFL owners, in a secret ballot, chose North Texas over bids from Arizona and Indianapolis.

The game is not only expected to turn the world's attention to the Dallas area -- nearly 140 million people watched all or part of this year's Super Bowl, played in Miami -- but also to generate hundreds of millions of dollars in economic benefits to North Texas cities and businesses.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa...d.94559a67.html

North Texas gets Super Bowl

01:11 PM CDT on Tuesday, May 22, 2007

By BRUCE TOMASO / The Dallas Morning News

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...l.943eb5a8.html

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The new Dallas Cowboys stadium in Arlington will host the 2011 Super Bowl, the National Football League announced today.

NFL owners, in a secret ballot, chose North Texas over bids from Arizona and Indianapolis.

The game is not only expected to turn the world's attention to the Dallas area -- nearly 140 million people watched all or part of this year's Super Bowl, played in Miami -- but also to generate hundreds of millions of dollars in economic benefits to North Texas cities and businesses.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa...d.94559a67.html

I've noticed that none of our Houston buddies are chiming in after this post.

Every city gets the Super Bowl after they build a new stadium. Houston had it in 2004. It's called bribery/blackmail.

But it is still in Arlington. How boring. An Arlington, Texas Super Bowl.

Maybe after the Super Bowl P. Diddy can throw a party in the Arlington Chili's parking lot. Or maybe On The Border. I think they have a pretty big parking lot.

That's going to be awesome!

Oh geez, not enough of a response for you? Trying to whip up the ol' Dallas vs Houston thing? :wacko:

Look, you build a new stadium, you get a Super Bowl. Everyone knows how the game works. So what's the big news?

What are you trying to say? Houston has hosted two Super Bowls, while Arlington will finally get to host its first in 2011. New stadium=Super Bowl. Don't be surprised if Indy gets it in 2012.

I've noticed that very very few plex buddies are chiming in either.

The Arlington superbore will probably make the Jacksonville superbowl seem like Las Vegas on New Years Eve. The stadium will probably be a hit, but I'm sure the world will be thoroughly unimpressed with Arlington and the rest of the plex. -Unless they enjoy long drives out to the suburbs, dry icy winds, and that beautiful dried up "dead look" the north Texas landscape gets in February.

Enjoy your 15 minutes. It will be your last.

No flaming intended.But those panties did get into a wad pretty fast.

Man you starting flaming with your first post. Is Houston suppose to be jealous that we didn't get the Super Bowl in 2011? We weren't even bidding for it. What were you trying to say when you said "Looks like our Houston buddies haven't chimed in on this post"?

What were you trying to say when you said "Looks like our Houston buddies haven't chimed in on this post"?

He's trying to say, "Awwww man! They aren't nearly as obsessed with us as we are with them!" ;)

None of yall recognize that statement?A HAIFer used it in an another thread titled"Dallas Victory VS. HPavilions".Was it flaming when that poster said it or is it no because it was about Victory and he's from Houston?

We know you guys think that this Super Bowl will be nothing like Houstons.But I guess the fear you guys have that it will be better,brings out your negative comments.

None of yall recognize statement?A HAIFer used it in an another thread titled"Dallas Victory VS. HPavilions".Was it flaming when that poster said it or is it no because it was about Victory and he's from Houston?

We know you guys think that this Super Bowl will be nothing like Houstons.But I guess the fear you guys have that it will be better,brings out your negative comments.

I never even thought about anything like that.

Charlotte has a football team?

Uhh..yeah. They came here (in Houston) for the Super Bowl in 2004. You know, the Super Bowl that was said to be one of, if not the best Super Bowl games of all time. It lived up to the hype.

Hey, texastroll, why didn't you make the same remark on dallasmetropolis, especially considering the collective YAWN that this news was given there? In fact, other than the Great Hizzy, a Houstonian, only one other person even commented...and he was from Tarrant County, as well.

You Fort Worth guys feeling slighted by your big Dallas cousins?

Oh geez, not enough of a response for you? Trying to whip up the ol' Dallas vs Houston thing? :wacko:

Look, you build a new stadium, you get a Super Bowl. Everyone knows how the game works. So what's the big news?

We weren't the only ones getting a new stadium.So this is not true.

The Texans are so much easier. Practice fields, headquarters, and stadium at one site.

Exactly. It's so much easier to have your NFL, and MLB teams in the city they are named after. This way you don't have to twist yourself into a pretzel by trying to justify slapping your city's name on a team that doesn't play in your city and doesn't reap the rewards. It's just so....Dallas. Fake and pretentious with low standards...consistently failing to achieve them.

Exactly. It's so much easier to have your NFL, and MLB teams in the city they are named after. This way you don't have to twist yourself into a pretzel by trying to justify slapping your city's name on a team that doesn't play in your city and doesn't reap the rewards. It's just so....Dallas. Fake and pretentious with low standards...consistently failing to achieve them.

You know what's "just so .. Houston"? Pathetic, jealous, whining about what Dallas has.

Just continue with your wallowing in that inferiority complex. It's darn entertaining to watch.

Archived