Dallas Cowboys Stadium

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading some of the news comments about fans paying to stand at the plazas at the end of the stadium reminded me of the promises made about the plaza at Reliant Stadium. There are a couple of video screens, and the suggestion was that fans would pay to park and tailgate, then watch the game on the vids.

I've never seen that happen at Reliant. I wonder if anyone in Dallas would pay to watch the video screens from the plaza. Perhaps for the NFC Championship. I suspect not many other times.

It sounds fesible. I think one of these two will happen...

eco-sketch.jpg

mixed-sketch.jpg

I can't see DFW wanting to tear Texas Stadium down for a redevelopment if the stadium could still be used as part of the revitalization, especially when U consider the cost of razing.

I think it would be silly to keep any part of Texas Stadium intact in a new development. It's one of the crappiest stadiums left in the country. With the new stadium attempting to replicate the "hole" in the roof of Texas Stadium, I think that's all you need. I say raze the old one and move on, it gives you more options for that site.

That is one cool stadium. I like the design and the size. I am surprised it took the Dallas area that long to build a team for the most successful NFL franchise. The Cowboys earned this stadium with 8 trips to the Super Bowl, bringing home 5 rings. Texas Stadium has always been awful in my opinion; that one could have been so much better. Anyhow, good for the Dallas area and for Texas.

My question: the Houston Texans have far more season ticket holders than Dallas. Since Dallas usually has around 63,000 to 65,000 fans at the games, are they going to sell that many more season tickets to put 80,000 people in there? My guess is yes, since the venue will be new, a lot more interest will be in going to the games. There are quite a few Houstonians who have Cowboys tickets and have for years. (whatever ... we have to put up with that every year down here)

OK. We've all been waiting for the name: Glory Hole Stadium. :lol:

That is one cool stadium. I like the design and the size. I am surprised it took the Dallas area that long to build a team for the most successful NFL franchise. The Cowboys earned this stadium with 8 trips to the Super Bowl, bringing home 5 rings....

I must say though that these new designs seem to have made it worth the wait. I think the new Cowboys Stadium and Reliant Stadium will both be seen as pioneers. What I REALLY want to see Jones and McNair do is team up and work with each other to get multiple Super Bowls hosted in both stadiums next decade. Because if not, I can't see more than 2 in Texas. It can be done, too. Florida will be hosting 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, and their stadiums don't come anywhere as good as our state's.

Texas Stadium has always been awful in my opinion; that one could have been so much better. Anyhow, good for the Dallas area and for Texas.

My question: the Houston Texans have far more season ticket holders than Dallas. Since Dallas usually has around 63,000 to 65,000 fans at the games, are they going to sell that many more season tickets to put 80,000 people in there? My guess is yes, since the venue will be new, a lot more interest will be in going to the games. There are quite a few Houstonians who have Cowboys tickets and have for years. (whatever ... we have to put up with that every year down here)

Perhaps part of the Cowboys' season ticket problem was Texas Stadium itself. I can see a season ticket surge for the Cowboys once the new stadium is up. The Cowboys do not lack a fanbase. If the Texans can play some Texas style football (in other words, win...) Both the Texans and Cowboys can be the #1 and #2 financially highest-worth teams in American sports.

OK. We've all been waiting for the name: Glory Hole Stadium. :lol:

Ah yes. The Big Ass of Arlington...

All right,some of Houston.

Honestly,I didnt think anyone in Houston would like it,but only because of all the Dallas vs. Houston rivalry.Glad to see some of you like the design,even with it's location.

I suppose I could also say that I am surprised at the number of Dallas posters on dallasmetropolis.com that do NOT like the stadium. There are about as many in Dallas that don't like the stadium as there are in Houston, suggesting that perhaps you are looking for a rivalry, rather than observing one.

I can see a season ticket surge for the Cowboys once the new stadium is up. The Cowboys do not lack a fanbase.

Or, perhaps not.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ns.32ef5cf.html

Average ticket prices will be $98.99 when it opens. Just a guess, but I'll bet parking is $30.

We love that Houston hates it.

trill, can you read? The first paragraph of my post:

"That is one cool stadium. I like the design and the size. I am surprised it took the Dallas area that long to build a team for the most successful NFL franchise. The Cowboys earned this stadium with 8 trips to the Super Bowl, bringing home 5 rings. Texas Stadium has always been awful in my opinion; that one could have been so much better. Anyhow, good for the Dallas area and for Texas."

Does this sound like I "hate" the stadium? Or does it sound like I was complimenting the stadium. Good grief, Dallas people's skins are very, very thin. Personally, we have no reason(s) to hate the stadium. We've been in the NFL's first retractable roof stadium since 2002. Good for the Cowboys. But I am a Texans' fan.

It's hard to belive that this won't be built in Dallas.

Where within the city limits would you built it, not a lot of room to do so? That's the reason Texas stadium was built in Irving. It's actually logical for the commute of the fans in Ft. Worth, Arlington is in between and settle near the center of the Metroplex. It's only a few hate mongers that like to draw demographic lines and dice up the D/FTW Metroplex for their own trivial gains in the cross state pissing match. The new Stadium is closer to DFW Airport, where all the incoming teams will be commuting from as well as their fans that fly in. And Arlington wanted it very badly, because of the boost to their economy. There was no two year bickering over stadium plans, Jerry Jones said I want this and Arlington said okay. He didn't have to threaten to leave town or anything. They are Cowboy crazy up there, and don't care what it costs them to keep their team. You have to admire the loyalty, call it blind faith or just plain fanatical. Los Angeles lost both their teams, Oakland lost their and got theirs back, Baltimore, Cleveland, St. Louis, Houston, we all know the drill. Need this need that, can't get together on a deal, I take my team and leave. The Cowboys ask and the Cowboys get, no questions asked. Like it or not, DFW is behind their team, they may be fickled and delicate flower when they are not winning, what city doesn't? (except maybe Cleveland they're use to it) But either way, it's Dallas' baby and they spoil it rotten. Jerry Jones is an egotistical prick, but he bought the Cowboys for a measly $180 million dollars and it was a great investment if you ask me. Egotistical, yes, a prick yes, but he made one hell of a good business investment, that made him a load of money and feeds that ego, allowing him to be on TV more times than I dare stomach.

My too cents and it won't buy you a thing!

They had a proposed site at Fair Park, but Miller didn't want to spend tax dollars on places for men to play their man sports. :D

I'd like to see that proposal, if it's what I am thinking of, it involved tearing down the Cotton Bowl, and the Historical folks shut that down. They treat the Cotton Bowl like it's the Roman Coliseum or something. That thing needed to go years ago.

Jerry Jones got the voice of THUNDA in that video don't he? >:)

Question to anyone in Dallas: Has Jerry Jones mentioned anything about the naming rights to the stadium? Will it be named after the Cowboys, the location (Arlington, Texas, DFW, America, etc.), or will it sell it's naming rights like most other new stadiums in the NFL?

Totally incorrect statement about Miller. To make a long story short, Laura Miller is the mayor of Dallas and supported the stadium going to Fair Park. The Cowboys were in negotiations with Dallas County to raise the hotel and rental car tax to raise $450 million of the stadium cost. Jerry Jones wanted to have a vote that November in order to get the stadium underway in time to be open by 2009, allowing him to make a formal bid for the 2011 Superbowl. County Republicans were up in arms considering it was 2004 and they had many party members up for re-election. So they stalled a lot with all kinds of financing questions, etc. Jerry said, we need a deal by the end of July. As that came closer, he started shopping again. He made a deal with Arlington to have a November election and exclusivity of negotiations. Therefore, Cowboys go to Arlington. You can thank Dallas County Judge, Margarey Kelliher.

Jerry Jones got the voice of THUNDA in that video don't he? >:)

Question to anyone in Dallas: Has Jerry Jones mentioned anything about the naming rights to the stadium? Will it be named after the Cowboys, the location (Arlington, Texas, DEW, America, etc.), or will it sell it's naming rights like most other new stadiums in the NFL?

I think Dr. Pepper is a big player in the new stadium, wouldn't be surprised to see them attached to it.

Totally incorrect statement about Miller. To make a long story short, Laura Miller is the mayor of Dallas and supported the stadium going to Fair Park. The Cowboys were in negotiations with Dallas County to raise the hotel and rental car tax to raise $450 million of the stadium cost. Jerry Jones wanted to have a vote that November in order to get the stadium underway in time to be open by 2009, allowing him to make a formal bid for the 2011 Super bowl. County Republicans were up in arms considering it was 2004 and they had many party members up for re-election. So they stalled a lot with all kinds of financing questions, etc. Jerry said, we need a deal by the end of July. As that came closer, he started shopping again. He made a deal with Arlington to have a November election and exclusivity of negotiations. Therefore, Cowboys go to Arlington. You can thank Dallas County Judge, Margarey Kelliher.

This is absolutely true, also the Hotel cronies around town were opposing the tax hikes. The cost of the stadium was reported to be $650m. The Cowboys propose paying $M, and were asking for $425 million in public subsidies from Dallas County. The current proposal finances the subsidy with a 3% increase in the hotel occupancy tax, and a 6% increase in the tax on rental cars. The Cowboys argued that their complex will "drive business to the metroplex," but hotel owners were opposed with support from Dallas County Judge, Margaret Kelliher. The tax hike would raise the rate to 18%, the highest in the country, according to the city's hotel association. And to top that off Mary Kay Cosmetics said it would move its $115m annual convention elsewhere if the tax hikes go through. So Jerry pitched it to Arlington and they jumped on it post haste. Margaret Kelliher was more interested in her own agenda than what was good for Dallas, typical self serving politician, who also is in cahoots with crooked ass Commissioner John Wiley Price. Margaret Kelliher and Collin County Judge Ron Harris were also the ones who were shaking down the North Texas Tollway Authority for the exclusive rights on bidding and management of the so called sealed bids, that was awarding multi billion dollar road contracts to those who favored them and were major contributors to their campaigns. Imagine that! A politician wanting to get paid under the table, typical crooked Texas politics, the worlds second oldest profession next to prostitution, and both are screwing the public!!!!!!

I think Dr. Pepper is a big player in the new stadium, wouldn't be surprised to see them attached to it.

I'm wondering how much this stadium's naming rights would cost. Reliant paid around $400 Million for naming rights, but 5 major buildings including the Astrodome were included in the deal. Most stadiums I know of have naming contracts that match the amount they paid for the stadium. The Dallas Cowboys' new stadium will cost $1 Billion. Does that mean that we could be looking at a Billion-Dollar naming rights contract for Jones and the Cowboys? That would more than double Reliant's naming contract, and that's the highest a company's ever paided to put their name on a stadium.

Think about it. $1 Billion dollars to put your name on a stadium. Should we expect to see that for the first time?

These are old renderings of what the stadium would have looked like if it had been built in Downtown Dallas and included the "Town Square" development as planned.

As it stands now, the stadium will be built in Arlington next to Ameriquest Field and will NOT include the "Town Square" development.

A huge loss for Dallas here in not getting this porject built downtown with the development.

On a similar note, I wonder how some Dallasites feel about this. Everytime a local team has announced stadium plans, it includes lavish retail and entertainment developments to help make it attractive to voters. But when the project is built, the development does not happen. Ameriquest Field was supposed to have a "San Antoino-style" Riverwalk....didnt happen. American Airlines is supposed to have Victory by now....its very slow to happen adn due to problems with Hillwood Corp, it might not happen. And now this Cowboys debacle.

How do the voters that were promised this stuff feel now?

how old is the current stadium and will they keep it or tear it down?

I'm wondering how much this stadium's naming rights would cost. Reliant paid around $400 Million for naming rights, but 5 major buildings including the Astrodome were included in the deal. Most stadiums I know of have naming contracts that match the amount they paid for the stadium. The Dallas Cowboys' new stadium will cost $1 Billion. Does that mean that we could be looking at a Billion-Dollar naming rights contract for Jones and the Cowboys? That would more than double Reliant's naming contract, and that's the highest a company's ever paided to put their name on a stadium.

Think about it. $1 Billion dollars to put your name on a stadium. Should we expect to see that for the first time?

Google Field?

Archived