Another really cheap mod in Robindell - $75K

houstonlandguy

I live in the neighborhood close by to this house. My wife and I went to an estate sale there a few months back and thought it was a great time capsule!

I though some Houston Mod-ders might like to know about it. It does back up to a used car lot, but it could be a great looking house with a little work:

http://search.har.com/engine/6226-Tanager-St-Houston-TX-77074_HAR58846460.htm

Mold

Nothing a good scrubbing and a can of KillZ won't take care of. Talking from experience here. :-) That house is a great deal for someone. If I weren't happily in a Mod on the other side of the Bintliff Ditch, I'd jump on it myself.

I'd keep an eye on Robindell in the next few years. It's already starting to turn. Homes on the east side of the subdivision are in the $200ks. And why not? It's a hop and a skip from Uptown, close to the Med Center, and backs up to Brays Bayou. The only bad part is it's zoned to Sharpstown High.

Nothing a good scrubbing and a can of KillZ won't take care of. Talking from experience here. :-) That house is a great deal for someone. If I weren't happily in a Mod on the other side of the Bintliff Ditch, I'd jump on it myself.

I'd keep an eye on Robindell in the next few years. It's already starting to turn. Homes on the east side of the subdivision are in the $200ks. And why not? It's a hop and a skip from Uptown, close to the Med Center, and backs up to Brays Bayou. The only bad part is it's zoned to Sharpstown High.

I have to agree with WAZ. The homes on the east side of the neighborhood that are selling for as much as $200K (or $250K in some cases) are 100 ft across Hillcroft from Maplewood, where the same homes are selling in the mid / high $200K's to $400K's. Of course, you get Bellaire High School in that deal, but the eastern half of Robindell and adjacent Braeburn Terrace are zoned to highly rated Herod Elementary in Maplewood, so at least that's a plus. A friend of mine just bought a small mid century foreclosure in Braeburn Terrace (zoned to Herod) for around $75K, put another $20K rehabbing it, and now has a house he could likely sell for $130K. This same house two minutes east in Bellaire would be $275K because of land value. Most of the homes in Robindell are too small to have a lot of families with high school age kids anyway, but between half the neighborhood being zoned to Herod and kids in the other half seeming to have no trouble transferring to Herod, Lovett, Kolter, Parker, etc. all close by, Robindell is a winner for young families that don't have $275K or more to drop on a house. And the fact that it is zoned to a crappy high school may keep the Mc Mansions out and the Mods in for a little longer than in some other neighborhoods...........

Archived