HAIF - Houston's original social media

Ziggy's is coming to downtown, Main at Capitol

Yeah, but mostly lousy chains. Yatra just failed next door as well.

I'm not surprised that Yatra failed. Part of the their business model involved not including rice with any of their entrees, and then charging extra for it. That sort of thing doesn't fly in this town. I think Ziggy's will do well. Lawyers and Energy Execs who wouldn't eat at the Nestle Toll House shop will eat Ziggy's.

Good to hear. I wonder if they will have any outdoor/sidewalk tables.

Yes, definitely. We have outdoor seating at our other 2 restaurants and have already started work on our sidewalk permit for Downtown. We'll have patio seating on both Main and Capital. We will have a full bar so drinks allowed on the patio as well.

Yes, definitely. We have outdoor seating at our other 2 restaurants and have already started work on our sidewalk permit for Downtown. We'll have patio seating on both Main and Capital. We will have a full bar so drinks allowed on the patio as well.

awesome! any accommodations for cyclists (place to chain our bikes)?

Our average price per person is $11.50 including alcohol. So breakfast and lunch is a lot less.

Sweet, I'll be visiting some time.

And I assume by your breakfast/lunch comment that you'll be open after downtown business hours

Sweet, I'll be visiting some time.

And I assume by your breakfast/lunch comment that you'll be open after downtown business hours

Ziggy's Healthy Deli is opening a street-level location across Main Street from The Flying Saucer, in the old Tollhouse cookie location. They expect to open in January and will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and on weekends.

:D

• 2 months later...

I was dissappointed to see that Ziggy's on Alabama at Greenbriar had closed. I just had lunch there in early January. I'm pleased to see the new restaurant opening at Main and Capitol though. I am downtown often enough during the day and evenings that I'm sure I will be making at least monthly visits.

I know it is difficult to maintain more than one restaurant location. When the Carter & Cooley Deli on Prairie closed I asked the owner why that was. He said between the location in the Heights and the one downtown he was strectched too thin and feared that quality would suffer.

Ziggy, I'll see you soon.

Oops! There is only one 's' in disappointed. I guess I am greatly disappointed that the Ziggy's closest to my office and apartment closed. Like I wrote though, I know how to find my way to the new one.

• 1 month later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to Ziggy's is coming to downtown, Main at Capitol