Collection of pipes?

Hi,

I am replacing the siding on my garage and also want to put in a larger window. Now I am finding all these pipes that look like sewer vents. I have attached a pic so you can see them. I highlighted, what I think is the old system in blue and the new system in pink. Can I remove the old system w/o harm? And why is the newer (pink highlight) system going like that?

Thanks for any info on this.....

Hoef

post-6849-12585125968306_thumb.jpg

It doesn't look like either set of pipes is "new". No one uses iron pipes in residential sewers anymore.

Where does this stuff go? Is that the slab at the bottom? What is on the other side of that wall? It is impossible to make any sugestions when we can't see what it is connected to.

It doesn't look like either set of pipes is "new". No one uses iron pipes in residential sewers anymore.

Where does this stuff go? Is that the slab at the bottom? What is on the other side of that wall? It is impossible to make any sugestions when we can't see what it is connected to.

All the pipes go into the slab .... presumably the sewer that is running underneath

The black is probably ABS plastic, not iron...

agree .... it is relatively new as compared to the iron pipe.

Archived