601 Travis: Downtown Office Building At 601 Travis St.

editor

More on the JPMorgan Chase Center here: http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/Building/2757/JPMorgan_Chase_Center.php

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/HAI/Images/Buildings/1/ChaseCenter-Jan08-002a.jpg

TEXAS TOWER LIMITED ACQUIRES JPMORGAN CHASE CENTER IN DOWNTOWN HOUSTON

Hines Chosen to Manage and Lease Property

(HOUSTON) – Texas Tower Limited, owner of the 75-story JPMorgan Chase Tower, announced today the acquisition of the adjacent JPMorgan Chase Center in downtown Houston from JPMorgan Chase.

The 20-story building is located at 601 Travis on the block bounded by Capitol, Travis, Texas and Main streets. The purchase price was not disclosed.

Hines and Clifford Chance US LLP of New York represented Texas Tower Limited in the transaction, while Mark Russell at Studley represented JPMorgan Chase.

It was also announced that Hines has been hired to manage and lease the 1.1 million-square-foot property, which includes approximately 450,000 square feet of office and retail space. Paula Bruns and Liz Shaw of Hines will handle leasing.

The Center, which was completed in 1982, was designed by I.M. Pei & Partners and developed by Hines. Over the years, JPMorgan Chase has used the location as a data processing and operations center. The bank is consolidating to 712 Main and 1111 Fannin, retaining just 26,000 square feet at the Center. Upon Chase’s departure, 250,000 square feet will be available for lease. In addition to JPMorgan Chase, The Bank of New York Mellon leases office space in the Center.

Connected to the extensive downtown Houston tunnel system, JPMorgan Chase Center contains 12 levels of parking, six levels of office space, and on the ground level, an auditorium and retail space. An exercise facility is planned for the top floor of the building. The parking garage, which is leased by JPMorgan Chase Tower, is utilized by the tower’s tenants and by people visiting downtown Houston for various daytime, evening and weekend events.

In Houston, Hines manages 26 properties totaling approximately 13 million square feet.

• Like 1

At first, i though this was the historic Gulf Building.

JP Morgan Chase has way too many naming rights on buildings in DT.

Actually, I read recently that the Gulf Building is also for sale by Chase.

Um, I'm pretty sure that this building is the parking garage for Chase Tower. The top six floors or so have offices, but there's no way it equals 1mil sq ft.

Edited by rsb320
  • Like 1

Um, I'm pretty sure that this building is the parking garage for Chase Tower. The top six floors or so have offices, but there's no way it equals 1mil sq ft.

I think you're thinking about the building across Milam from Pennzoil. Houston Club Garage, I think. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that garage is used by the Chase employees at the Gulf Building.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Samething at the Memorial Hermann Tower in Memorial City a few weeks back. We were worried our cars were torched. Can you imagine hearing that news when you're leaving work?... That your car is no more....

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 601 Travis: Downtown Office By Hines
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 601 Travis: Downtown Office At 601 Travis St.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to 601 Travis: Downtown Office Building At 601 Travis St.

If corporate trust just adds a bunch of 30 and 40 foot illuminated f̶i̶n̶s̶ Rooftop Ribbons on top for breast cancer awareness, it will also not be surpassed as tallest in the state of Texas in a few years by the Waterline tower in Austin.  Just sayin'.

Edited by strickn
Strikethrough rich text
  • Like 2

*President Trump voice* people saay it's the best in the west.  They say that.  I don't know why but they're saying it, but they say that, they've said it, they're very passionate about it -- I hear that they don't want some bizarre thing in Austin to happen to a downtown like Houston, believe me, architecture is too nice a word for it, and if they want that then they should have it 

"Who said it?"

*President Clinton voice* Yo mama

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...