Goodbye Red Light Cameras

IronTiger

I haven't found any article stating red light cameras have been banned.

Latest news I found on the matter was a recent court ruling

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6681900.html

I jumped the gun too, and thought Houston, this is for Bryan College Station only.

Which is why no one cares. . . okay okay, I kid I kid. . . :P

http://www.kbtx.com/...s/69006022.html

Hey puma, its okay.. i'm an Ag and love me some good BCS.. but even I dont care about mundane civic infrastructure issues happening 100 miles away.

I wish "View Recent posts" had a filter that could remove subforums like "Outside Houston"

what are your thoughts on it?

My thoughts.. that this won't affect 95% of the people that read this.

My thoughts.. that this won't affect 95% of the people that read this.

LOL, you are SO right, yet so wrong.

You have to credit IronTiger, he did post this in the right subforum. So I can't fault him for that, just others like myself that quickly assumed that it was relating to Houston.

Critical Mass rides were pretty fun when we went through a light with cameras. That thing goes off like a strobe light and takes a bunch of worthless pictures.

I like it! Kind of like a two-wheeled denial of service attack. Let's flood the system with too many pictures for them to scrutinize.

Yes, this was relating to College Station, not Houston. Sorry for the mix-up.

Anyway, on Election Day, College Station voted down the red light cameras set up in a dozen intersections. The good news is that it did cut down on red light runners and accidents. The bad news is that they would often catch people making 1 MPH right turns on red. The other really bad news is that an Arizona company set up the things in the busiest (not necessarily most dangerous) intersections to get the most money.

• 2 years later...

What I can say is that red light cameras continue to draw debate. I also heard that twenty-one out of 25 New Jersey municipalities will have their red light cameras suspend, pending an investigation by the transportation department. Some of the cameras may not becalibrated correctly. However, that is not an invite to run red light with immunity. If you purchase new autos, you usually will driversafer and stay away from tickets.

• The topic was unlocked

Archived