Ulrich Intermediate School At 10103 Spring Cypress Rd.

klein

Klein ISD has named Dr. Kathy Brown as Ulrich's first principal. She is currently the a ssosiate principal at Klein high. She is very nice, very organized and I think she'll be a great principal.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/klein_04/2-KHSadmin08-09.jpg

Check the KISD website. My neighbor informs me that a parent committee has been formed. They are to provide their wishes to the district. The results of these 2 meetings will go to the Board. A public meeting will be held on January 7. The board will vote on the attendance zones at their February meeting. The PASA 2008 Bond report provides new Intermediate zones. Here's hoping the district uses them.

http://www.kleinisd.net/docs/1-Ulrichzone.pdf

Checked the KISD website as recommended and found the Zoning information. Looks like a meeting was held Oct. 27. Was anyone able to attend?

Actually I was able to attend. The meeting went very well. Many questions were addressed. There are 2 zone options for Ulrich. Most of the people at the meeting thought option 2 was a better fit fo the district. Option 1 will relieve Schindewolf, Hildebrandt, Krimmel and Doerre. Option 2 will relieve Schindewolf, Hildebrandt, Krimmel, Doerre and Wunderlich.

With option 1 subdivisions now in the Schindewolf zone like Forest North, Forest Ridge and Mossy Oaks would now go to Hildebrandt but then return to Klein Collins instead of Klein Oak. Thats not good.

With option 2 some kids south of FM 1960 would now go to Kleb instead of Wunderlich, but go to Klein Forest instead of Klein. Also subdivisions now in the Schindewolf zone like Enchanted Oaks and Cypress Forest will now go to Strack. In my opinion option 2 is way better.

Actually I was able to attend. The meeting went very well. Many questions were addressed. There are 2 zone options for Ulrich. Most of the people at the meeting thought option 2 was a better fit fo the district. Option 1 will relieve Schindewolf, Hildebrandt, Krimmel and Doerre. Option 2 will relieve Schindewolf, Hildebrandt, Krimmel, Doerre and Wunderlich.

With option 1 subdivisions now in the Schindewolf zone like Forest North, Forest Ridge and Mossy Oaks would now go to Hildebrandt but then return to Klein Collins instead of Klein Oak. Thats not good.

With option 2 some kids south of FM 1960 would now go to Kleb instead of Wunderlich, but go to Klein Forest instead of Klein. Also subdivisions now in the Schindewolf zone like Enchanted Oaks and Cypress Forest will now go to Strack. In my opinion option 2 is way better.

What about Gleannloch? Will it be split in half between Frank kids staying at Krimmel and Hassler kids at Doerre or Ulrich, or will all of Gleannloch go to Ulrich, or Doerre?

What about Gleannloch? Will it be split in half between Frank kids staying at Krimmel and Hassler kids at Doerre or Ulrich, or will all of Gleannloch go to Ulrich, or Doerre?

Option 1 would have all of Gleannloch Farms including north of Northpointe Dr. going to Doerre Intermediate.

Option 2 would have Gleannloch Farms north of Northpointe Dr. going from Krimmel to now Ulrich. Gleannloch Farms south of Northpointe Dr. going from Doerre to now Ulrich. Option 2 has the entire subdivision of Gleannloch Farms going to Ulrich.

It could go either way, but like I said more people at the meeting favored option 2 over option 1 for a number of different reasons.

Option 1 would have all of Gleannloch Farms including north of Northpointe Dr. going to Doerre Intermediate.

Option 2 would have Gleannloch Farms north of Northpointe Dr. going from Krimmel to now Ulrich. Gleannloch Farms south of Northpointe Dr. going from Doerre to now Ulrich. Option 2 has the entire subdivision of Gleannloch Farms going to Ulrich.

It could go either way, but like I said more people at the meeting favored option 2 over option 1 for a number of different reasons.

All of Gleannloch going to the same school (Doerre or Ulrich), interesting. Are these the only two options on the table? Is there any chance north of Northpointe Gleannloch remains at Krimmel (or a grandfather for the students already attending Krimmel)?

And for those of us who are supporting Jean Casagrande for postition #5 please go vote. She is a proven leader in the community that has shown through her volunteer work and countless other actions in the KISD community that she is the right choice.

To my knowledge she has:

•Led a community effort to raise over $150,000 for playground equipment for Frank Elementary.

•Recognized as Volunteer of the Month for KISD.

•Successfully lobbied the KISD Board of Trustees to change outdated transportation policies, making after-school transportation alternatives safer for children and more convenient for working parents.

•Worked with Harris County Precinct 4 Commissioner Jerry Eversole to install stop signs providing safe passages for children going to school.

•Successfully lobbied Harris County Judge Ed Emmett to prevent the open burning of debris in Harris County after Hurricane Ike.

•Assisted in obtaining an additional $41,000 for a playground for McDougle Elementary.

•Initiated effort to donate over $6,000 to Epps Island following the fire in December, 2008 as well as to replace eyeglasses lost in the fire.

•Worked with the KISD Technology Department to enhance internet safety procedures.

•Helped secure Social Studies books for Krimmel Intermediate.

•Currently serve on the Board of Directors of Harris County Municipal Utility District (MUD) 383.

www.casagrande4kisd.com

• The title was changed to Ulrich Intermediate School In Klein
  • The title was changed to Ulrich Intermediate School At 10103 Spring Cypress Rd.