They kill mods in Louisiana too

Scott08

I was in Ruston, Louisiana this past weekend for a bike race. It's in the north part of the state east of Schreveport, very pretty with rolling terrain and lots of woods. I was taking the scenic route back to my motel one morning along State Hwy 146 north of I-20. There's a couple of miles of grand old homes, mostly Southern Colonials set back from the road on 5 acre-ish sized lots. As I came up to the next major intersection I spotted a beautiful flat roofed mod set back in the woods, one house down from the crossroad. The thing that bothered me was there was lots of yellow caution tape along its lotline and the house at the corner. I asked the local race director and he said those houses were being demo'ed for a "modern multi-use area," in other words another strip-center. I wish I knew more of the back story, it was probably built originally by someone very prominent in the town.

You are awesome with the googling Marmer, that is exactly it. It was just it and the corner house at East Kentucky that had yellow tape in front of them. The local guy did not know the exact scope of the new development so it's possible that the mod house is safe...but my guess is it's both lots.

Looks like a double-size lot or two lots at that corner, according to the Lincoln Parish tax maps it belongs to one "Wayne B Hunter et ux." You have to register to get more info and I didn't want to bother. On Google Streetview you can see a big For Sale sign.

2114 is the home in question but the photo of it was in the 2200 tax roll

It looks like 2200 is owned by "Nest of Ruston" even though it came up under the search for Hunter:

Taxpayer Name:

Hunter Wayne B et ux

3811 Moreland

Ruston LA 71270

Parcel History:

8/26/2009 Nest of Ruston LLC

9/11/2008 Hunter Wayne B et ux

15d1ers.jpg

28rjz8o.jpg

Damn, sevfiv! Just damn! :)

I guess the first rule is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia," but the second rule should certainly be "Never match research with an Archivist when demolition is on the line!" Or something like that.

Scott, I hope you are suitably impressed. :)

Archived