What On Earth Is This In Alvin?

marmer

• 3 years later...

Reviving this ancient thread since I just saw this thing a couple weeks ago, and went searching the internet looking for clues. I didn't even see this thread during my initial search since it was so long ago. Not sure if the place has changed at all. Here's the image I captured from Google street view. post-12043-0-05546700-1368073698_thumb.j

And a fuzzy one from my phone - the structure on top seems to be completed since the street view image.post-12043-0-32357400-1368073780_thumb.j

The top was what got my attention but the building itself is pretty interesting. Besides the name of the person/business that resides here, does anyone know anything else? History?

• 11 months later...

Those shots are from south Pearland.

I guess you're right, it's just north of the official Alvin city limits.   However, a difference which makes no difference is no difference.  Google calls it Alvin.   But -- what is the structure?

• 1 year later...

Passed this thing again this weekend, two years after posting about it the first time, and my interest was revived. I couldn't get a clear shot of the structure, but the face on it is seriously frightening! It looks like maybe an old man with long, flowing hair. Google Streetview has updated since the original post, and you can see it better now. Still hoping someone out there knows the back story on this bizarre scene. 

• The title was changed to What On Earth Is This In Alvin?

Archived