What happened in the dairy aisle

Subdude

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehe...have they attacked the new Buffalo HEB yet? :P

They need to come back and attack the UH Green Build exhibit!

Hehe...have they attacked the new Buffalo HEB yet? :P

They need to come back and attack the UH Green Build exhibit!

They've hit the River Oaks theater, MD Anderson Library, MFAH, a picnicking couple at Menil, Jason's Deli, Ikea, 59 Diner, Star Pizza. Videos of all of these are on their Youtube account.

They got busted at Montrose Kroger.

The Kroger Montrose management needs to seriously lighten up.

Especially considering the store's unofficial neighborhood name is Disco Kroger. By the way, this is why people from the 'burbs are scared out of their wits about Montrose.

Holy hell, I just checked their blogspot and realized I know a couple of them! This doesn't surprise me in the least. The only thing that does surprise me is there isn't yet a 2 AM House of Pies sexyATTACK. I guess it wouldn't be too shocking there. The patrons would probably join in.

Especially considering the store's unofficial neighborhood name is Disco Kroger. By the way, this is why people from the 'burbs are scared out of their wits about Montrose.

Yes, one can imagine how terrified they would be to run into a mob of spontaneous dancers.

What's strange is seeing people push by without even turning their heads.

The Kroger Montrose management needs to seriously lighten up.

What right does this group have to do this in a grocery store? I agree with the other poster that while a group like this is seemingly harmless, there's a reason why people go to the grocery store: to buy groceries.

Is this group willing to repay the lost profit from offended shoppers who leaved and do not return to shop there again? I get that's its all in fun, but business is business. The management is just doing their job, ensuring the PAYING customers are satisfied.

What right does this group have to do this in a grocery store? I agree with the other poster that while a group like this is seemingly harmless, there's a reason why people go to the grocery store: to buy groceries.

Is this group willing to repay the lost profit from offended shoppers who leaved and do not return to shop there again? I get that's its all in fun, but business is business. The management is just doing their job, ensuring the PAYING customers are satisfied.

They don't have any "right" but I would guess something like this would endear more people than offend at Disco Kroger.

It would heighten my shopping experience much more than a lame keyboardist playing "Rhiannon."

Would you really be offended and leave a store because of this? Really?

And, if the only reason you go to a grocery store is to buy groceries, then you obviously have never been to the Disco Kroger.

Holy hell, I just checked their blogspot and realized I know a couple of them! This doesn't surprise me in the least. The only thing that does surprise me is there isn't yet a 2 AM House of Pies sexyATTACK. I guess it wouldn't be too shocking there. The patrons would probably join in.

What surprises me is that you name the Disco Kroger.....but don't give credence to House of Pies as the proper name, House of Guys , especially @ 2am ?

What surprises me is that you name the Disco Kroger.....but don't give credence to House of Pies as the proper name, House of Guys , especially @ 2am ?

I didn't want to confuse too many people with my use of esoteric place names. I considered it though, and when I initially wrote it, it did actually read "House of Guys." I changed it after I reread it prior to posting it. What can I say, I'm a man of the people.

This kind of stuff gives me the heebie-geebies - spontaneous choreography.

My reaction to seeing them was the exact same to seeing the youtube video of the

... or videos where brides and dad's break into some
....... complete embarrassment for them.

I literally feel the need to stop watching the video in hopes that they'll get their dignity back faster.

I don't have a problem with a big group doing something funky and unexpected in a public place.. the group that froze several hundred people in

was awesome. It's quirky, it's neat. But add dancing... add a huge level of cheesiness to it.. and it embarrasses me enough to see them embarrassing themselves that I just can't finish the video.

Also.. if you're going to embarrass yourself with some silly public skit, at least have the balls to go big. Half a dozen people dancing in the milk aisle is child's play. Not only is it cheesy, but if they can't get enough people on board to have an 'awe' factor about them, like some of the NYC or European groups, then that doubles the cheesiness factor.

You ask "really?" as if I already proclaimed my disgust and desire to never return to a place where I might have witnessed a random event of happiness. The honest truth is "no", I would not "really" be offended, "really". But I can imagine some of the older, more regular, weekly/bi-weekly customers that drop 50 to 100 every visit could be offended enough to not risk enduring the pain of poorly synchronized group dance again.

In that case, is this group going to pay Kroger a performance fee since its more likely that Kroger would lose business than gain it? If their stunt was indeed a revenue generator, then why have they not been booked to perform by any local grocery store? Surely in these hard times the management of a grocery store would be willing to provide their customers with live entertainment if it meant bolstering business.

And, if the only reason you go to a grocery store is to buy groceries, then you obviously have never been to the Disco Kroger.

No I have not been to the Disco Kroger. Does this location offer something beside groceries? Apparently the management of this Kroger is out of the loop as well, per the video. Perhaps "corporate" forgot to pass them the memo about their Kroger's "Disco" status?

No I have not been to the Disco Kroger. Does this location offer something beside groceries? Apparently the management of this Kroger is out of the loop as well, per the video. Perhaps "corporate" forgot to pass them the memo about their Kroger's "Disco" status?

It's been called Disco Kroger since the disco era of the late 70's. We locals now lovingly call it "Crack-Head Kroger", especially the late-nite (24/hrs) crowd. The other Montrose Kroger on W. Gray is referred to as the "Pretty-People Kroger"

Actually, the old Walgreen's (now Soundwaves) was referred to as Disco Walgreen's, but that changed when they moved in to the fancy new building.

This clip was done at Paks on W. Alabama @ Flora. The choreography shames those amateurs and it tells a touching story. laugh.gif

(I don't know how to embed.)

You ask "really?" as if I already proclaimed my disgust and desire to never return to a place where I might have witnessed a random event of happiness. The honest truth is "no", I would not "really" be offended, "really". But I can imagine some of the older, more regular, weekly/bi-weekly customers that drop 50 to 100 every visit could be offended enough to not risk enduring the pain of poorly synchronized group dance again.

In that case, is this group going to pay Kroger a performance fee since its more likely that Kroger would lose business than gain it? If their stunt was indeed a revenue generator, then why have they not been booked to perform by any local grocery store? Surely in these hard times the management of a grocery store would be willing to provide their customers with live entertainment if it meant bolstering business.

There's no need to worry. SexyATTACK isn't likely to make it out to Sugarland to frighten all the "older, more regular, weekly/bi-weekly customers." This phenomena probably won't ever make it to the 'burbs, and I can assure you, there probably wasn't a soul in the Disco Kroger even remotely scared of the handful of people dancing badly.

This kind of stuff gives me the heebie-geebies - spontaneous choreography.

My reaction to seeing them was the exact same to seeing the youtube video of the

... or videos where brides and dad's break into some
....... complete embarrassment for them.

I literally feel the need to stop watching the video in hopes that they'll get their dignity back faster.

I don't have a problem with a big group doing something funky and unexpected in a public place.. the group that froze several hundred people in

was awesome. It's quirky, it's neat. But add dancing... add a huge level of cheesiness to it.. and it embarrasses me enough to see them embarrassing themselves that I just can't finish the video.

Also.. if you're going to embarrass yourself with some silly public skit, at least have the balls to go big. Half a dozen people dancing in the milk aisle is child's play. Not only is it cheesy, but if they can't get enough people on board to have an 'awe' factor about them, like some of the NYC or European groups, then that doubles the cheesiness factor.

I concur. This is exactly how I feel too. Plus I never go to Kroger anyway. Too expensive and it's always so dreary... depressing... and it drains the life out of my soul.

It would heighten my shopping experience much more than a lame keyboardist playing "Rhiannon."

I cannot imagine going to the grocery store for anything else but groceries... What? Do you buy your tires from them? Your oil/filters? Your suits? A new mattress? Exterior paint? Server motherboards? Plasma televisions? Belt sander? Weedeater? Lumber for cabinets? A new shredder?

There's no need to worry. SexyATTACK isn't likely to make it out to Sugarland to frighten all the "older, more regular, weekly/bi-weekly customers." This phenomena probably won't ever make it to the 'burbs, and I can assure you, there probably wasn't a soul in the Disco Kroger even remotely scared of the handful of people dancing badly.

That's because patrons in the Disco Kroger were probably to stoned to notice.   ^_^

I concur. This is exactly how I feel too. Plus I never go to Kroger anyway. Too expensive and it's always so dreary... depressing... and it drains the life out of my soul.

Kroger is to expensive? Where the heck do you shop? 

That's because patrons in the Disco Kroger were probably to stoned to notice. happy.gif

This was not Disco Kroger, it was PrettyPeopleKroger on W. Gray, so they were probably drunk on martinis and valium.

Archived