Broadmoor Neighborhood Sign

Attention Eastwood/Broadmoor Residents:

I noticed the sign at the corner of Dumble and Wesley is not in the greatest shape. As a Broadmoor resident it would be nice to have it restored or maybe purchase a new sign. Who do I contact to discuss the matter? ECA? COH? Landowner?

Attention Eastwood/Broadmoor Residents:

I noticed the sign at the corner of Dumble and Wesley is not in the greatest shape. As a Broadmoor resident it would be nice to have it restored or maybe purchase a new sign. Who do I contact to discuss the matter? ECA? COH? Landowner?

Good luck getting ECA to pay attention to anything in Broadmoor! I've become somewhat disillusioned with that organization. Its claim to be inclusive of Eastwood as well as the adjacent neighborhoods doesn't ring true. Maybe if I were a resident of Eastwood proper who lives in a handsomely restored bungalow instead of a Broadmoor DIY work-in-progress I would know the reason for our apparent exclusion.

Good luck getting ECA to pay attention to anything in Broadmoor! I've become somewhat disillusioned with that organization. Its claim to be inclusive of Eastwood as well as the adjacent neighborhoods doesn't ring true. Maybe if I were a resident of Eastwood proper who lives in a handsomely restored bungalow instead of a Broadmoor DIY work-in-progress I would know the reason for our apparent exclusion.

silverartfox, you should assist chips with putting a group together to fix/replace the sign. If it is on city property, they do have requirements about where the sign can be placed, size, etc. You aren't dependent on the ECA and can try and get your neighbors organized to improve the area.

silverartfox, you should assist chips with putting a group together to fix/replace the sign. If it is on city property, they do have requirements about where the sign can be placed, size, etc. You aren't dependent on the ECA and can try and get your neighbors organized to improve the area.

If other Broadmoor residents have thoughts about working on the sign they can send me a PM.

I live on what is definitely NOT a "neighborly" street. I know the folks who live on either side fairly well but we don't socialize. Most neighbors I seldom see...they stay indoors or leave in the morning and come home at night. They don't do their own yard work...one yard man cuts 8 yards on this block alone. Two of the houses on my block are multi-family rent-by-the-month places whose tenants stay just long enough to trash the place. Three houses on the block have stood vacant for years. Herding cats would be easier than trying to organize my neighbors to act on anything.

If other Broadmoor residents have thoughts about working on the sign they can send me a PM.

I live on what is definitely NOT a "neighborly" street. I know the folks who live on either side fairly well but we don't socialize. Most neighbors I seldom see...they stay indoors or leave in the morning and come home at night. They don't do their own yard work...one yard man cuts 8 yards on this block alone. Two of the houses on my block are multi-family rent-by-the-month places whose tenants stay just long enough to trash the place. Three houses on the block have stood vacant for years. Herding cats would be easier than trying to organize my neighbors to act on anything.

:blink: seems like you fit right in. it takes one person to get the ball rolling. try passing out a flyer to the people in broadmoor proper to see the response.

Well, I have a different attitude about it. Maybe I'm being naive. It doesn't hurt to try. As they say "There's strength in numbers". Well, my neighbors were out, cutting their lawns, as was I. Neighborhood kids playing outside, neighbor across the street walking the dog, next door neighbor's son-in-law waxing his 63' Lincoln Continental...nice! My brother came over and took 'after' pics of my house...still a work in progress. IMO, I rather have someone mow their lawn then not have it cut at all.

blink.gif seems like you fit right in. it takes one person to get the ball rolling. try passing out a flyer to the people in broadmoor proper to see the response.

I thought about that, but wanted to get information and check if there's a process and didn't want to step on anyone's toes.

I thought about that, but wanted to get information and check if there's a process and didn't want to step on anyone's toes.

the city does have standards to how and where signs can be placed on medians. try contacting your councilperson for more info. all it takes is one person who wants to take the lead.

We should organize to fix that sign up, looking at the location, that isn't well traveled anyway, and it would be cool to push for a new sign at a different location, like maybe broadmoor and telephone.

Send a PM with your name & email address.

the city does have standards to how and where signs can be placed on medians. try contacting your councilperson for more info. all it takes is one person who wants to take the lead.

I don't mind taking the lead. Hope Mr. Rodriguez remembers me.

First of all, let me say that I am definitely interested in fixing up or replacing the Broadmoor sign. If we're organizing to do this, please count me in! It's great to know that there are other residents who want to see improvements to our hidden jewel of a neighborhood. Living on a street like mine with so many disinterested/disengaged neighbors makes me feel extremely isolated.

Constable Trevino lives in our neighborhood and might be interested in this as well.

Who should be approached first for information on how to proceed...Councilman Rodriguez, the new board of the ECA or some branch of the city government?

First of all, let me say that I am definitely interested in fixing up or replacing the Broadmoor sign. If we're organizing to do this, please count me in! It's great to know that there are other residents who want to see improvements to our hidden jewel of a neighborhood. Living on a street like mine with so many disinterested/disengaged neighbors makes me feel extremely isolated.

Constable Trevino lives in our neighborhood and might be interested in this as well.

Who should be approached first for information on how to proceed...Councilman Rodriguez, the new board of the ECA or some branch of the city government?

IMO this would be something that would need to be coordinated with the city. forget the ECA. i'd try and get the info regarding requirements from your councilperson. It may be online but i will say there are specific requirements because i've done it before in another hood.

• 1 year later...

Archived