Construction near Memorial Park Oct 14-Oct 17, 2009

editor

Houston TranStar Advises Travelers of Overnight Construction Near Memorial Park

Overnight construction in area could delay traffic

(October 15, 2009) Houston TranStar officials advise westbound travelers in the Memorial Park area to expect construction activity between 9 p.m. - 5 p.m. tonight through Saturday.

The westbound lanes of Memorial Drive beginning at the fork at Woodway to Loop 610 will be closed for construction from 9 p.m. - 5 a.m. beginning Wednesday, October 14 - Saturday, October 17. Drivers should use Westcott as an alternate westbound road.

Eastbound traffic will not be affected.

Houston TranStar is a collaboration between four government agencies that coordinate and enhance transportation and emergency management services, responding to incidents and emergency in Harris County and beyond. Sharing their resources to serve area residents their agencies are the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), Harris County, Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (METRO) and the City of Houston.

That makes no sense, Westcott is a north/south street. Why not just use Woodway?

Woodway doesn't split from Memorial until you're almost out of the park. Westcott may be north/south, but it hooks up with Washington which connects with 10.

Woodway doesn't split from Memorial until you're almost out of the park. Westcott may be north/south, but it hooks up with Washington which connects with 10.

"The westbound lanes of Memorial Drive beginning at the fork at Woodway to Loop 610"

Westbound Washington dead ends into Westcott.

"The westbound lanes of Memorial Drive beginning at the fork at Woodway to Loop 610"

Westbound Washington dead ends into Westcott.

Technically, Westcott dead ends at Washington. The road going north/south on the north side of that traffic circle is called Washington. Washington Ave runs across I-10 and splits at what then becomes Old Katy Road to the left and Hempstead Highway if you just keep going.

Technically, Westcott dead ends at Washington. The road going north/south on the north side of that traffic circle is called Washington. Washington Ave runs across I-10 and splits at what then becomes Old Katy Road to the left and Hempstead Highway if you just keep going.

I used to work on Westcott - pre circle.

Just looked it up and northbound between Washington and I-10 is in fact, Washington. Southbound from 1-10 to the circle is Westcott - go figure.

At any rate, this is going to be a pain in the butt for people going to, say, the Galleria or Bellaire. I'm still confused though, because it says nothing about closing Woodway. Why would they put you on Westcott?

Archived