Good Vet In The Heights

poyea

I know this was on a thread some time back, but I couldn't find it. If anyone is looking for a great vet in the area, I can recommend Heights Hospital for Animals (333 W. 20th Street). After going to the same vet out near Chimney Rock for over 10 years, including for 3 of those years after I moved to the Heights, we used HHA to board our pets after Ike (we were out of power for 15 days). We were able to meet and get to know Dr. Duncan and his staff, and even picked up the dogs during the days for walks/etc. We liked them so much, we changed over to HHA from that point on.

And just two weeks ago, we were forced to put one of our dogs to sleep somewhat unexpectedly. Dr. Duncan was spot on with his initial diagnosis, confirmed with further ultrasounds/biopsy tests. He took my calls daily, even as early as 6:45 am to get an overnight report on his condition. He even cleared his schedule on the Friday afternoon when we had to bring in our boy for the last time to make it a bit easier on us. I can't say enough about how happy we are with them.

They've only been open for around two years, and I know they're generating a good client base. They also provide boarding and the stalls are absolutely the cleanest I've seen. Here is their website

http://www.hospitalforanimals.net/

I know this was on a thread some time back, but I couldn't find it. If anyone is looking for a great vet in the area, I can recommend Heights Hospital for Animals (333 W. 20th Street). After going to the same vet out near Chimney Rock for over 10 years, including for 3 of those years after I moved to the Heights, we used HHA to board our pets after Ike (we were out of power for 15 days). We were able to meet and get to know Dr. Duncan and his staff, and even picked up the dogs during the days for walks/etc. We liked them so much, we changed over to HHA from that point on.

And just two weeks ago, we were forced to put one of our dogs to sleep somewhat unexpectedly. Dr. Duncan was spot on with his initial diagnosis, confirmed with further ultrasounds/biopsy tests. He took my calls daily, even as early as 6:45 am to get an overnight report on his condition. He even cleared his schedule on the Friday afternoon when we had to bring in our boy for the last time to make it a bit easier on us. I can't say enough about how happy we are with them.

They've only been open for around two years, and I know they're generating a good client base. They also provide boarding and the stalls are absolutely the cleanest I've seen. Here is their website

http://www.hospitalforanimals.net/

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your pet. Thank you for sharing your vet--we're very happy with our vet at Montrose Clinic--but we don't have a backup, and it's good to hear a recommendation from other folks close by.

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your pet. Thank you for sharing your vet--we're very happy with our vet at Montrose Clinic--but we don't have a backup, and it's good to hear a recommendation from other folks close by.

We go to the Montrose Clinic as well - they were highly recommended and we've been very happy with the service and care. I have heard the Yale St. clinic is good too.

Dr. lynda Case at Washington Heights Veterinary Clinic (over by the new Target), just did miraculous surgery on my foster dog that had a diaphragmatic hernia, her liver, intestines, and puppies were in her chest wall. They were fabulous from diagnosis all the way through. They worked with us on how best to do the surgery with a rescue organization budget.

Will second the Washington Heights Clinic. They have an amazing set up there and everyone is so wonderful. Previously took the pets to the Montrose clinic and had great experiences there as well, but made the change since WH is closer to home. No regrets. We are very lucky in this area to have several good vet's in/around the neighborhood.

Poyea, so sorry to hear about your loss. October 5th is 1 yr since I lost a young Doberman to cardiomyopathy (Brighton, on the left), which was tough since I'd lost my "heart" dog suddenly in February to the same thing (Abby, on the right, the last of my non-rescues). It's good to have a competent vet who you trust, because there are so many who lack compassion or charge an arm and a leg (such as the ER clinic on 249 who is less than honest).

sad.gif

post-7013-12552917326769_thumb.jpg

I love the entire team over at Heights VEterinay Clinic in the 1400 block of Shepherd. I have been using them for 15 years now. They have helped me through the loss of a greatly loved cat and two dogs. They always bent over backward, letting me bring my dog in through the back door because she was in such bad shape and I was devastated. I came to the room where we were going to put her down and they had placed a blanket with the 23rd Psalm on the table. Makes me cry now to even think of it. A very generous staff with hearts of pure gold! One other great thing, Dr. Williams is never one to push surgery on anyone. The same cat I mentioned above was getting on in years and was taken ill. They were unsure of what the diagnosis was, and couldn't confirm without a surgery. I asked Dr.Williams what to do, and he replied, "You know Tuffy is a good old cat. He has a good life. Let's not do the surgery as it may do more harm than good. We'll treat him for the other possibility." and with the patience of his team, Tuffy lived another three years! Gotta love Dr. Williams!

• 8 years later...
  • The title was changed to Good Vet In The Heights

Archived