Pie In The Sky Company At 632 W. 19th St.

heights_yankee

saw this last week just west of Vietnam, 19th @ Shepherd. not open yet and no phone listed. google turns up a location in conroe. all knowing HAIFers have any clue?

sign says breakfast, lunch & dinner.

It is a second location for the Conroe based business. Houston Press Review of Conroe Location: At the end of the review, it mentions that they are opening up a location in the Heights.

saw this last week just west of Vietnam, 19th @ Shepherd. not open yet and no phone listed. google turns up a location in conroe. all knowing HAIFers have any clue?

sign says breakfast, lunch & dinner.

I work in Conroe and visit Pie In The Sky often. Great sandwiches, soups and salads. The brownies are the best I've ever had. Lots of pies, too.

The location could have been better but I'm sure they will do well once the word gets out.

Second location- Can't wait to be there!! Hope to be open mid November if I am able to tip toe through the city's requirements. This is a great location for me! I will have lots of parking and a bike rack to encourage working off that piece of pie that you might have to eat! Trying to keep the menu reasonably priced . A place to sit long, talk much and laugh often!! Outdoor space to come!! Stay tuned---biggrin.gif

Second location- Can't wait to be there!! Hope to be open mid November if I am able to tip toe through the city's requirements. This is a great location for me! I will have lots of parking and a bike rack to encourage working off that piece of pie that you might have to eat! Trying to keep the menu reasonably priced . A place to sit long, talk much and laugh often!! Outdoor space to come!! Stay tuned---biggrin.gif

Good Luck! Wish you the best and look forward to checking it out!

Yes, best of luck! Look forward to hearing more.

We'll be walking there, so hurry up and finish the kitchen/dining area before all that parking nonsense! We need some pie NOW!

Welcome to the neighborhood.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am impatient about my pie, so I emailed them and they said they were waiting on the city for permits. Not sure if that resolved itself in the past week. I haven't driven by, been busy with a newborn and a 2 year old.

First St Arnolds, and now Pie??!?!

My god, do the city permit workers realize what they're messing with!?!?!?!?!?

• 2 months later...

We went there for breakfast Sunday morning. They were working out some kinks and seemed a little overwhelmed, but I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. I had a very good veggie omelette and helped out with some pancakes (wow, good pancakes).

We went there for breakfast Sunday morning. They were working out some kinks and seemed a little overwhelmed, but I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. I had a very good veggie omelette and helped out with some pancakes (wow, good pancakes).

had dinner with my kids on friday night. really enjoyed it. love the atmosphere. can see becoming regulars :)

There is or was a concession at the annual Round Top/Warrenton Antique Fair held in April and October called Pie in the Sky.

They featured lite lunch items and pie pie pie under a large tent with plenty of tables and chairs for the public. I haven't been there since April '08 but it sure seemed to be a popular place. Most of the food concessions at RT/Warrenton are repeats, places shoppers can count on for a good meal.

Wonder if it's the same Pie Lady?

had dinner with my kids on friday night. really enjoyed it. love the atmosphere. can see becoming regulars :)

Our breakfast was really delicious and very well priced, "Dad's Plate", which consists two eggs, breakfast meat, potato/grit, and toast, for $5. That same meal is $8 at Dry Creek and I think $11 or so at Lola.

One highchair in the entire place is a problem, personally speaking, but the food was really good. I also snuck in a "cake ball", delicious.

Our breakfast was really delicious and very well priced, "Dad's Plate", which consists two eggs, breakfast meat, potato/grit, and toast, for $5. That same meal is $8 at Dry Creek and I think $11 or so at Lola.

One highchair in the entire place is a problem, personally speaking, but the food was really good. I also snuck in a "cake ball", delicious.

funny that you mention the high chairs. there were 2 on friday night but they're the white plastic ones from Ikea so i can imagine one being a loss by sunday. lol! anyway, that was the 1st thing that i said to the owner when we chatted- "you're going to need more highchairs." Lola pretty much doubled their highchair inventory recently.

also, i heard through the grapevine recently that Lola lowered their breakfast prices. they did make the portions smaller but it was way too much eggs. i think they have listened to their customers and brought their breakfast dishes more in line with what people expect- both in price and portion.

also, i heard through the grapevine recently that Lola lowered their breakfast prices. they did make the portions smaller but it was way too much eggs. i think they have listened to their customers and brought their breakfast dishes more in line with what people expect- both in price and portion.

My wife and I live across the street and have noticed they seem to be evolving their menu to fit their clients. We like it for a good bottle of wine (BYOW) and a nice meal away (200ft) from the house. Their prices are still high on somethings but have come down a lot since the opening... I'm looking to sit outside soon and watch the neighborhood go by.

As to not jack the thread, we look forward to trying Pie in the Sky soon!

Stopped by at the end of our walk today, the place looks nice and had a decent crowd. The pie selection is less extensive and the rest of the menu more extensive that I imagined, but they do have a good menu that we plan to try out. For now, a piece of strawberry cream pie is waiting for me to finish my dinner.

I was going to just read the thread, as I had no real interest in this place until 20th mentioned strawberry cream pie....Mmmmm! I'm on the way....

Note to self: BYOW !!!

D.r.E.A.M.... a cool bottle of vintage old vine red Zin, and strawberry cream piiiieeee...........laugh.gif

i did a little write up for my blog if anyone is interested. admittedly, it was 1 adult and 1 child so it's not a real "review" as much as a heads' up....

Well, nice write-up for 1 yankee, and 1 child. May I offer an abreviated critique? Thank you...

I really enjoyed the part about stalking. Your 1 hour social happy hour leaves not enough time to really get happy. Repetitive use of 1's...suggestion: have more children, talk more about stalkers, and drink adult beverages to excess. Lol!!

Seriously, great little article, with some quality neighborly tips, and great pics as well... A +!

Archived