InTown Homes New Development

geniejessie

anyone heard or know any info on these town homes? its the first time i hear of this builder, but the prices on these units are just too good to be true with all the upgrades! what's the catch??

http://www.intown-ho...om/default.aspx

We REALLY liked a LOT of their homes ( the stucco ones, not the 'modern' ones). But they were just a bit out of our price range or in Cottage Grove.

The builder's realtors were always very response and friendly. Constrution quality seemed pretty good. Most importantly (to us) was their use of space. Their homes always had GREAT storage and quality.

I belive they are some how related to Lovett.

No catch, asking price always tended to be some what above market, IMHO. Don't know what they actually sell for.

BTW, which development are you looking at?

We REALLY liked a LOT of their homes ( the stucco ones, not the 'modern' ones). But they were just a bit out of our price range or in Cottage Grove.

The builder's realtors were always very response and friendly. Constrution quality seemed pretty good. Most importantly (to us) was their use of space. Their homes always had GREAT storage and quality.

I belive they are some how related to Lovett.

No catch, asking price always tended to be some what above market, IMHO. Don't know what they actually sell for.

BTW, which development are you looking at?

We're looking at the ones located north of I10, right after you cross the beltway. it's not the nicest area, but what about schools? any good ones? exemplary maybe? we have a 2 yr old who we want to send a good "public" school & not private

We're looking at the ones located north of I10, right after you cross the beltway. it's not the nicest area, but what about schools? any good ones? exemplary maybe? we have a 2 yr old who we want to send a good "public" school & not private

The two communities that you're looking at (Sherwood Lake and Upland Lakes) are in the Spring Branch School District, which enjoys a good reputation. Even though I don't have kids, it's one of the reasons that I moved to the area, as the quality of the school district is a big help in maintaining property values. The particular schools zoned for this area are Sherwood Elementary, Spring Forest Middle, and Stratford High School, which enjoys an especially good reputation. In addition, one of the excellent SBISD operated charter schools, the Westchester International School, is located not too far away. The bottom line is that public school school system will be an option for you and property values in SBISD tend to hold up very well, as it has the highest per square foot property values of any district in the Houston area.

• 11 months later...

I'm currently under contract with InTown Homes to purchase a home in their new Upland Lakes community.

We've seen many InTown homes both inside and outside the loop and have always been impressed by their construction quality and the way their communities are laid out. My wife and I have lived in Memorial for the past 5 years and love the area, but are now needing more space. We found Sherwood lakes, but since it was almost completely built and sold by when we found it the selection of homes there was very limited and we could not get the size of home we needed.

Upland Lakes is now under construction, and the prices are very good. The neighborhood is definitely in transition with lots of older low-income apartments and business along those streets. However, the schools are good (and getting better) and InTown (as well as other builders) are targeting this area for future development.

We've been under contract for several months now, and there were some delays in construction due to weather and permitting issues that put them behind schedule from the beginning. I was not bothered by this as much as I was bothered by the representatives lack of communication with us about the delays. Now that construction has begun, the communication has gotten much better.

Overall, we are very confident that we will be getting a well-built home in an up and coming neighborhood with good schools at a fair price. It's clear to me that InTown does have big plans for this neighborhood, because in the past year they have constructed 2 custom homes (both valued at over $500k) on Wycliffe (the street that runs parallel to Upland).

If you're interested, I'll be happy to keep you updated with the progress of our home and the community.

• 3 years later...

DavidAg02, 

We are looking into this property for our future home perhaps next year in Phase 3.  I work in the Woodlands and wanted something convenient to the city as well.  In the price range and finish out this community seems to be one of the best we have seen in Houston.  Now that you have moved in, what is your opinion of the place?  Are you happy with your choice?  Are the developers doing all that they promised? 

Thank you so much for your update! 

• The title was changed to InTown Homes New Development

Archived