City Removing Signs, On City Property

Seeker

that is the law. it's just not enforced as frequently as people would like.

Agree, however, couldn't any person, neighbor enforce that law. I was walking down westheimer, removing a sign posted by a business on a every telephone pole, a Police car stopped in the middle of the street, he rolled down his window and said, " you know your doing a good thing".

They've been doing this for ages, haven't you seen the big trucks driving around with all the outlaw signs in the back? I wish they'd step it up some more so that people are discouraged from doing it.

This should be part of the job for prisoners.

Agree, however, couldn't any person, neighbor enforce that law. I was walking down westheimer, removing a sign posted by a business on a every telephone pole, a Police car stopped in the middle of the street, he rolled down his window and said, " you know your doing a good thing".

yep if everyone did a little it would be better. i know one thing i make an effort to do is turn in street lights that are out.

They used to go around and put a big orange sticker on the for sale signs, then come back a few days later and pick up any that had not been moved. Realtors were not happy about losing the signs, or cleaning off the stickers. When we lived in Midtown, lots of agents would chain the signs to a fence or pole to keep the theft rate down. City guys had to carry bolt cutters to take those.

They used to go around and put a big orange sticker on the for sale signs, then come back a few days later and pick up any that had not been moved. Realtors were not happy about losing the signs, or cleaning off the stickers. When we lived in Midtown, lots of agents would chain the signs to a fence or pole to keep the theft rate down. City guys had to carry bolt cutters to take those.

Nothing sells a house faster than chaining the for sale sign down :)

-ex Midtowner

Nothing sells a house faster than chaining the for sale sign down :)

-ex Midtowner

We amde sure our signs were inside the fence when we sold our townhouse. Less visible, but no chains and no ugly orange stickers. These days, the only reason for a sign is to make sure the folks who looked up the house on HAR.com can find the right location. I find it hard to imagine that there are many folks who drive around looking for signs at random.

• The title was changed to City Removing Signs, On City Property

Archived