Know of any good tree trimmers that are licensed? good weekly yard maintenance?

inthehotsun

I have several overgrown trees on my lot in the Heights, including bamboo that has crept into my yard from the neighbor's jungle.

Anyone know of a good licensed people/companies that will trim trees at a reasonable price?

I'm also giving up with the dream that I will have time to keep up with my yard. Anyone use a good person(s)/company that (again) is reasonably priced? I have a tiny lot (~2500) and most of it is taken up with my house so I'm not even sure what a reasonable price is to do yard work.

I have several overgrown trees on my lot in the Heights, including bamboo that has crept into my yard from the neighbor's jungle.

Anyone know of a good licensed people/companies that will trim trees at a reasonable price?

I'm also giving up with the dream that I will have time to keep up with my yard. Anyone use a good person(s)/company that (again) is reasonably priced? I have a tiny lot (~2500) and most of it is taken up with my house so I'm not even sure what a reasonable price is to do yard work.

I look forwrd to the answer to this question as well.

You might want to get an estimate from Arbor Care Inc. They are insured and have a certified arborist on staff. They were recommended by friends in Eastwood who used them for major pruning of huge old trees... also did an excellent job on my trees that were badly hacked up post-Ike by a "reasonable" tree service.

You might want to get an estimate from Arbor Care Inc. They are insured and have a certified arborist on staff. They were recommended by friends in Eastwood who used them for major pruning of huge old trees... also did an excellent job on my trees that were badly hacked up post-Ike by a "reasonable" tree service.

I think Arbor Care has been taken over by Bartlett's. There are a couple of societies that issue certifications; I can't remember the exact names but you could find them by Googling. They'll both have lists of certified arborists by locale available.

I've used Arbor Care, Dailey's and Trees, Inc, I think; I was always much happier with their work than any others I've used but just because there's a certified arborist on the staff of a company doesn't mean the guy that goes up in your trees or even appraises the work from the ground is certified. Their fees will be higher than the guy who comes around on the weekend with a chain saw in the trunk of his car and 10 year old son to pick up the limbs.

You could also check the BBB listings for arborists;if they're certified they should make the point in their listing and you'll also see the record of complaints.

BTW a lot of certified arborists in Houston are actually on the City of Houston payroll, taking care of trees in our public spaces.

Archived