Job Wanted: Minimum Wage, In Rice Village

I hope I won't get my head ripped off for this, but I'm doing an economics project in which we must plan a budget for one year living on minimum wage. This includes also choosing a place to live. I decided since College Station would be trite, why not something a bit more denser and bike-friendly, with more jobs--Houston!

So, I'd like something with biking access from the Rice U. area (I've picked an apartment on Quenby) that I could "work" at.

Thanks!

--NOTICE TO ADMINISTRATORS: I do not wish to spam nor detract from this forum. If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it...--

You should think bigger than biking distance from Rice. If Rice is your theoretical base, then you have the entire length of the Red Line as your job market. Check the Medical Center and downtown to see if there are any custodial jobs.

You should think bigger than biking distance from Rice. If Rice is your theoretical base, then you have the entire length of the Red Line as your job market. Check the Medical Center and downtown to see if there are any custodial jobs.

Medical center and downtown are both modest bike commutes, and 2.50 a day might be kinda pricy for someone working minimum wage, especially considering that the vast majority of minimum wage jobs are part-time.

Medical center and downtown are both modest bike commutes, and 2 dollars a day might be kinda pricy for someone working minimum wage, especially considering that the vast majority of minimum wage jobs are part-time.

Correct. I did consider the METRORail, but at $2.50 a day, that would be $15 a week for six days a week, or $12.50 for five days. So I decided to bike nearby and save the change.

This would be the ideal time to say "Come on, I'm on a budget here!", but it wouldn't be that true.

• 8 years later...
  • The title was changed to Job Wanted: Minimum Wage, In Rice Village

Archived