Which Wich? At 510 Gray St.

midtownuser

Which Wich feels too gimmicky to me. Too many sandwich shops are beginning to use the same format for my liking anyhow. Brown Bag Deli on Westheimer just below Shepherd does the exact same thing. I've also eaten at a place out here near where I work off the beltway and I-10 west that mimicks that format to achieve identical results. In highschool I worked at an upper-middle range sandwich shop and have been a bit of a snob about sandwiches ever since. For subs in Houston, Lenny's is where it's at, but I'd only get excited if they announced Thundercloud was coming to Houston.

Which Wich feels too gimmicky to me. Too many sandwich shops are beginning to use the same format for my liking anyhow. Brown Bag Deli on Westheimer just below Shepherd does the exact same thing. I've also eaten at a place out here near where I work off the beltway and I-10 west that mimicks that format to achieve identical results. In highschool I worked at an upper-middle range sandwich shop and have been a bit of a snob about sandwiches ever since. For subs in Houston, Lenny's is where it's at, but I'd only get excited if they announced Thundercloud was coming to Houston.

Which Wich is a good option that I will go to, I would give a toe from my left foot for a thundercloud, there used to be 1 in houston that I knew about, up off of 249 near compaq in the late 90s.

One good thing about which wich that other sandwich shops in the midtown area don't have is online ordering, which is a really good thing.

looking online though, I guess quiznos has online ordering too.

Edited by samagon

Thundercloud, yes! Attica, my memory is not so good any more but I vaguely remember a Thundercloud in Houston on West Alabama or Richmond but I wouldn't know if it had anything to do with those in Austin. We travel to Austin frequently and almost as frequently enjoy a Thundercloud sub. There was also a sandwhich shop, on Hammerly I believe, in the late 70's called Bob and Linda's (again don't hold me to that exact name) that I really liked. Does anyone else remember that?

Gimmics come and go but good tasting food is always appreciated. I like traditional table service but try to get that at lunch time for a reasonable price.

I prefer most other sandwhiches to Subway's. The mustard or mayo, or whatever dressing you put on a sandwhich, should be spread on the bread not glopped on top of the meat. It's messy, the taste of the mustard over-powers everything else when it is in a blob like that, and the bread still feels dry.

not to get in a sandwich discussion, in a sandwich thread, but I prefer subway bread over all of the rest, but that is all I prefer, I find their preparation areas to be messy at best, and I just feel like I'm playing russian roulette with the number of friends I have that say they've had food poisoning from one of them.

regarding making a sandwich at home (or bringing supplies to the office to stick in the fridge), when you want to eat out with friends for lunch, and want something more healthy than a hamburger, but less healthy than a salad, and want to stay within a certain price range, sandwich shops are usually top of that list.

Never been to one of these - is it like Potbelly where one size fits all, or different sizes? If so does it compare to Quizno's or Subway? I like Quizno's, their wheat bread rocks and toastiness rules. A little more expensive, but there are coupons in the paper every Sunday and we're cheap bastards who use them every time.

• 6 months later...

Which Wich? is open in Midtown. may have been for a bit, but i just noticed it.

I actually just had it in Austin last weekend and was wishing there was one near me.

They only have one size I believe, but lots of different options as far as meats, cheeses, and toppings. you can also double the meat and stuff.

I would compare them to Quiznos but more options, and a little higher in quality. the turkey reuben is amazing.

And I live alone and travel a lot, so don't have all the fixins and fresh stuff at home, so its nice to have the option to get a good sandwich out every once and a while.

• Like 1

Which Wich? is open in Midtown. may have been for a bit, but i just noticed it.

I actually just had it in Austin last weekend and was wishing there was one near me.

They only have one size I believe, but lots of different options as far as meats, cheeses, and toppings. you can also double the meat and stuff.

I would compare them to Quiznos but more options, and a little higher in quality. the turkey reuben is amazing.

And I live alone and travel a lot, so don't have all the fixins and fresh stuff at home, so its nice to have the option to get a good sandwich out every once and a while.

Yeah Which Wich has been open for a few months, I haven't tried it so I can't give my opinion. I do miss that Cold Stone though. Their Chocolate Devotion is incredible

Thundercloud had a location on the South side of West Alabama just West of Greenbrier. I think it was where Mission Burritos is located now or was next door at the much missed Little Woodrows.

Oh, Which Wich > Quiznos/Subway/Potbelly in my opinion

• 5 months later...
. Brown Bag Deli on Westheimer just below Shepherd does the exact same thing.

I've eaten there exactly once. On the plus side, the young man who waited on me was polite and very good looking.

On the minus, I was served a turkey sandwich on what appeared to be two slices of stale cake. It was awful. I hope this never happens to me again.

I'm pretty tolerant about food, but that sandwich disgusted me.

• The title was changed to Which Wich? Is Coming To Midtown
  • The title was changed to Which Wich? At 510 Gray St.