Houston's Bad Traffic

Guest Professional Hornblower

houston has great traffic.

Pros: Foreigners driving small beat up cars with no hub caps driving 47 on the highway.

Mom's talking on their cell phone while driving Suburbans and chastizing their kids.

Rednecks swerving in rusted trucks leaning their sunburned left arm out the window and chewing Skoal.

More foreigners driving (how the F do they get a license???)

Cars with license plates from Tamaulipas, Mexico (yay)

Rednecks from Mexico driving stolen cars while talking on their cell phone and chastizing someone elses kids in the back.

Cons: Gas is too cheap!

Just my 2 cents.

HORN BLOW-er

houston has great traffic.

Pros:  Foreigners driving small beat up cars with no hub caps driving 47 on the highway.

Mom's talking on their cell phone while driving Suburbans and chastizing their kids.

Rednecks swerving in rusted trucks leaning their sunburned left arm out the window and chewing Skoal.

More foreigners driving (how the F do they get a license???)

Cars with license plates from Tamaulipas, Mexico (yay)

Rednecks from Mexico driving stolen cars while talking on their cell phone and chastizing someone elses kids in the back.

Cons:  Gas is too cheap!

Just my 2 cents.

HORN BLOW-er

That roofles my toofle. :P

That roofles my toofle.  :P

i got a kick out that too ... i am always amazed at these supped up SUVs. they are like 15' off the ground, painted red, have some turbo sounding loud-a** diesel engine, and HUGE tires. oh, did i mention that they alwyas have blacked-out windows so you cannot tell who's driving. they remind me of that 70s thriller (horror) movie 'the car' (was that filmed in houston? oh well, that is for another group discussion... lol). they ride your bumper and practically threaten you.

it would be hilarious, if it weren't dangerous.

i got a kick out that too ... i am always amazed at these supped up SUVs.  they are like 15' off the ground, painted red, have some turbo sounding loud-a** diesel engine, and HUGE tires. oh, did i mention that they alwyas have blacked-out windows so you cannot tell who's driving.  they remind me of that 70s thriller (horror) movie 'the car' (was that filmed in houston?  oh well, that is for another group discussion... lol).  they ride your bumper and practically threaten you.

it would be hilarious, if it weren't  dangerous.

We all know trucks and suv's are for the weak.

Houston's traffic really isn't that bad.  I would take it any day over many places in this country.

Man that's the truth. In LA it was rediculous compared to H-town. I hear people complaining here and it makes me laugh. I've always said that alot of Houstonians don't realise how good they have it here.

That's the truth. And once the Katy is finished, things will get just a little easier. Next they need to widen and improved US 290, but word is the companion toll road will move first so the HOV lanes can be removed.

Archived