TECO Texas Medical Center Plant

epiphany base

I think he's talking about the yellowish cylindrical object, not the MDA building.

I'm not sure what it is, but they tore down a building to put it there. Google maps shows that building partially demoed.

I would guess that it's mechanical because it's right in the same area as all of those cooling towers.

Edited by rsb320
  • Like 1

Oh yes. The silo. Whenever I drive by it after leaving UofH, I always wonder what it is but it doesnt appear to be yellow... it looks like it has a gray (grey?) tint at least on the north side. Also, I havent examined it or anything but I could have sworn it looked wooden. Not sure... maybe thats simply the design.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to TECO Texas Medical Center Plant
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

Noticed some activity today. Possibly related to the freeze this week? Some type of special tape installation?

VAWtNde.jpg

2gPU0lc.jpg

They have been working on that tank for about 4-6 weeks. It normally has insulation covering it and it looks like they are re-painting the weld seams. It is used to store demineralized water for the power plant. 

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...