Sign in to follow this  
epiphany base

TECO Texas Medical Center Plant

I think he's talking about the yellowish cylindrical object, not the MDA building.

I'm not sure what it is, but they tore down a building to put it there. Google maps shows that building partially demoed.

I would guess that it's mechanical because it's right in the same area as all of those cooling towers.

Edited by rsb320
  • Like 1

Oh yes. The silo. Whenever I drive by it after leaving UofH, I always wonder what it is but it doesnt appear to be yellow... it looks like it has a gray (grey?) tint at least on the north side. Also, I havent examined it or anything but I could have sworn it looked wooden. Not sure... maybe thats simply the design.

• Like 1

It is a cooling tower. It is part of the TECO expansion project that supplies HVAC to many current buildings and eventually to the now defunct BCM Hospital. Rumors are that there will be an artistic mural on the exterior. Perhaps giant dollar bill signs would be appropriate.

[url="http://teco.tmc.edu/home/teco_home.php"

• Like 3

Does anybody know what the construction pictured here is? It's sort of on the bayou side of the MD Anderson Pickens tower.

img0448f.jpg

• Like 1

I've been wondering about it for awhile too. My guess is that it's the physical plant for MD Anderson that I have heard about... but I am not certain.

• Like 1

What is TECO?

"Thermal Energy Cooperative". Most TMC institutions, receive their chilled water and steam from this source. Others, such as Methodist and parts of Baylor have their own physical plants.

• Like 1