TECO Texas Medical Center Plant At 1615 Braeswood Blvd.

epiphany base

I think he's talking about the yellowish cylindrical object, not the MDA building.

I'm not sure what it is, but they tore down a building to put it there. Google maps shows that building partially demoed.

I would guess that it's mechanical because it's right in the same area as all of those cooling towers.

Edited by rsb320
  • Like 1

Oh yes. The silo. Whenever I drive by it after leaving UofH, I always wonder what it is but it doesnt appear to be yellow... it looks like it has a gray (grey?) tint at least on the north side. Also, I havent examined it or anything but I could have sworn it looked wooden. Not sure... maybe thats simply the design.

• Like 1

It is a cooling tower. It is part of the TECO expansion project that supplies HVAC to many current buildings and eventually to the now defunct BCM Hospital. Rumors are that there will be an artistic mural on the exterior. Perhaps giant dollar bill signs would be appropriate.

[url="http://teco.tmc.edu/home/teco_home.php"

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to TECO Texas Medical Center Plant
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

Noticed some activity today. Possibly related to the freeze this week? Some type of special tape installation?

VAWtNde.jpg

2gPU0lc.jpg

They have been working on that tank for about 4-6 weeks. It normally has insulation covering it and it looks like they are re-painting the weld seams. It is used to store demineralized water for the power plant. 

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • The title was changed to TECO Texas Medical Center Plant At 1615 Braeswood Blvd.
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Moursund Street in the TMC was being fenced on both sides. I also noticed portable toilets and a TECO work truck.

What's exactly going on here? Is this a TECO expansion a long Moursund Street? There is lots, and lots of activity in that section of the TMC.  Houston Methodist has the Centennial Tower going up down the street and MD Anderson is focusing on the CSB on the left side of the street as well. 

I wonder if the fence will have a green or tan screen? Major construction activity is forthcoming!

p6CdIXZ.jpg

Bd8yxUL.jpg

• 3 months later...