Home At 218 Pine Hollow Ln.

Willowisp

Ben brought it to my attention that this house is for sale.

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=95455265&backButton=Y&Address=218%20Pine%20Hollow%20Ln

When I wrote the Jenkins book, I debated a long time about whether or not to feature this house. All of the houses I featured were in Bellaire and just south of Bellaire. This house is off of Woodway on Pine Hollow. I didn't have any vintage photos of the house, and there would be little way to make it look great now, so I decided to leave it out. I went over and visited the current owner once and toured the house a couple of years ago and it was looking neglected.

I'm starting to regret that I didn't feature it now, as it is up for sale, and likely to meet a demo crew. Hopefully we can all get over there soon for a tour. If one had the money and interest, this would be a very interesting project. Many original features remain, and the view/real estate is terrific.

The house was built in 1953 for the Sullivan family. There is a bedroom addition with lots of glass that follows the style of the original house.

I have a small newspaper clipping of it, but on my home computer.

Jason

• Like 1

The listing photos are beautiful! What a view with all those windows. So sad to hear it's neglected and probably a goner.

Jason, I'm sorry to complain, but I called Brazos Bookstore for a copy of your Jenkins book last spring when it came out, and gave them my CC number (I was a little surprised they asked for it at that time.)

Haven't heard a word from them for several months. Can you shed any light on that?

Brazos Books should have it now unless they sold out in a month. I don't know why they didn't contact you if they were supposed to.

The other best way to get the book is at the Mods of the Month or through the PO Box ($3 for shipping).

I talked to the realtor and we may be able to arrange a Mod of the Month at this house. Sadly, it's an estate sale. They are cleaning up the house and getting it ready for sale. The woman I met there two years ago has passed on. I feel even worse now that I never took her my book!

The realtor actually said someone was interested in buying and remodeling. I told her I'd love to be part of that process as I have experience. Who knows if that's serious though. It could just be someone who said "I like this".

Jason

The listing photos are beautiful! What a view with all those windows. So sad to hear it's neglected and probably a goner.

Jason, I'm sorry to complain, but I called Brazos Bookstore for a copy of your Jenkins book last spring when it came out, and gave them my CC number (I was a little surprised they asked for it at that time.)

Haven't heard a word from them for several months. Can you shed any light on that?

Edited by Willowisp

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Ben brought it to my attention that this house is for sale.

http://search.har.co...e%20Hollow%20Ln

When I wrote the Jenkins book, I debated a long time about whether or not to feature this house. All of the houses I featured were in Bellaire and just south of Bellaire. This house is off of Woodway on Pine Hollow. I didn't have any vintage photos of the house, and there would be little way to make it look great now, so I decided to leave it out. I went over and visited the current owner once and toured the house a couple of years ago and it was looking neglected.

I'm starting to regret that I didn't feature it now, as it is up for sale, and likely to meet a demo crew. Hopefully we can all get over there soon for a tour. If one had the money and interest, this would be a very interesting project. Many original features remain, and the view/real estate is terrific.

The house was built in 1953 for the Sullivan family. There is a bedroom addition with lots of glass that follows the style of the original house.

I have a small newspaper clipping of it, but on my home computer.

Jason

Whatever happened to this house, is it still standing? Jenkins built there, as well, nice collection of mod architects in that little space. Looks like there are many good designs on Pine Hollow still standing.

• The title was changed to Home At 218 Pine Hollow Ln.