Courtyard By Marriott Hotel At 2900 Sage Rd.

lockmat

Did anyone know this was being built? I searched and could not find anything on it. Sure it's not headline news, but it's 15 stories and they made it pedestrian friendly.

Not sure how much discussion this will get since it's finished, but thought I'd post a notice anyway.

gallery_723_64_2756.jpg

PRLog (Press Release) – Aug 24, 2009 – The Courtyard Houston Galleria is a brand new, 15-story upscale hotel in the Galleria district of uptown Houston. Located less than two blocks from the Houston Galleria shopping center, this Houston Galleria hotel is located just minutes from everything. The Courtyard Houston Galleria is also less than 10 miles from Reliant Stadium (Houston Texans) and Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros).

http://www.prlog.org/10320071-courtyard-houston-galleria-provides-new-accommodations-as-houston-galleria-hotel.html

• Like 1

Did anyone know this was being built? I searched and could not find anything on it. Sure it's not headline news, but it's 15 stories and they made it pedestrian friendly.

Not sure how much discussion this will get since it's finished, but thought I'd post a notice anyway.

C2N said it best, it's been finished for a while, and both hotels are back to back.

Not the best "pedestrian friendly" design, but better than most suburban designs.

The shopping center next to it screws up that potential, and the front entrance is just a driveway/alley, rather than a street.

Edited by Pumapayam

C2N said it best, it's been finished for a while, and both hotels are back to back.

Not the best "pedestrian friendly design, but better than most suburbation designs.

The shopping center next to it screws up that potential, and the front entrance is just a driveway/alley, rather than a street.

Oops, guess the press release threw me off; a little deceptive.

I'm sure the shopping center will cease to exist in the next 5-10 years, so no biggie there. And I think the entrance in the allexy/driveway is fine. Paris is made up of alleys and I remember the entrance to my hotel being just up the alley.

I'm sure the shopping center will cease to exist in the next 5-10 years, so no biggie there. And I think the entrance in the allexy/driveway is fine. Paris is made up of alleys and I remember the entrance to my hotel being just up the alley.

For such a new shopping center, it's sad if that were true, but I would welcome a better use of that land at such a prime location.

It has great potential to pull sidewalk traffic from Macy's

As it stands, there is not motivation for people to cross the intersection, and then walk across a strip center style parking lot.

Let hope, if they do, we can so retail near the street in the next redesign.

• The title was changed to Courtyard By Marriott Hotel Uptown At 2900 Sage Rd.
  • The title was changed to Courtyard By Marriott Hotel At 2900 Sage Rd.