Landmark Chevrolet At 9111 North Fwy.

H8S 4 LIFE

Hello everyone. This is my first post on the board, after stumbling across the HAIF by chance. You guys are a wealth of information, and I look forward to contributing in the various discussions.

As you all know, Landmark Chevrolet @ 9111 North Freeway closed last October after over 50 years of service to the Houston area. (First as McMahon Chevrolet, then as Landmark.) Looking around the boards, I was hoping someone had some information on what plans, if any, have come up for this massive chunk of freeway side property? I know the land has been liquidated, as was Bill Heard in Sugar Land, but no progress had occurred here. (Unless you count the vandals demolishing what's left) Can anyone shed light on this?

I know that Landmark sold everything, and I mean everything in its possession - even the light posts that lit the parking lot. I'm surprised it hasn't become a used car lot, or granite outlet (as other shut down dealerships along that stretch of 45 have become). The Landmark land is massive...included Lanmark used cars (next to the Days Inn or whatever that motel is by the strip club), Landmark cars (which included a Corvette showroom), and Landmark trucks, which they were probably best known for, as the selcetion was massive. Anyway...the only thing I've seen happen there is weeds grow through the concrete. I grew up passing Landmark all the time, so I'm also anxious to see what becomes of it.

We used to call them Landshark when I was selling cars.

Which is ultimately what shut them down. I do have some "memorabilia" from the dealership, including the 25x30" canvas that once graced the service drive, proclaiming "Welcome to Landmark Chevrolet, World's #1 Selling Chevy Dealer!" It's kind of interesting to see what is left inside the Landmark buildings. For a company that went through a bankruptcy liquidation, I would have thought that the place would have been stripped of everything worth at least a few dollars in cash, but that is simply not the case.

Which is ultimately what shut them down. I do have some "memorabilia" from the dealership, including the 25x30" canvas that once graced the service drive, proclaiming "Welcome to Landmark Chevrolet, World's #1 Selling Chevy Dealer!" It's kind of interesting to see what is left inside the Landmark buildings. For a company that went through a bankruptcy liquidation, I would have thought that the place would have been stripped of everything worth at least a few dollars in cash, but that is simply not the case.

Really? Do you know what kind of stuff was left behind? I know that one of the Landmark offices was literally taken up and plopped down right across the freeway behind the old Krogers. It is serving no purpose at all...just sitting there looking all sorts of out of place. It's all covered with graffiti.

Really? Do you know what kind of stuff was left behind? I know that one of the Landmark offices was literally taken up and plopped down right across the freeway behind the old Krogers. It is serving no purpose at all...just sitting there looking all sorts of out of place. It's all covered with graffiti.

Well, there are a couple of projection screens hanging down from the back office, then you have Mr. Heard's office, which has a couple of computers still sitting there untouched. The service drive is destroyed, but the actual garage still has tools in it, car parts, a large tool box, several gas heaters hanging from the rafters, many flourescent lights (the large teardrop lights), and amazingly a couple of hydraulic lifts in the garage. I would assume each of these full size lifts must be worth several thousand dollars a piece. The commercial trucks building was sold to an independent car dealer that is supposed to open a new used car lot directly across the freeway from Landmark. (Next to Northstar, as you mentioned.) Not sure what happened, if the funds ran dry or what, but it looks as though that project has been delayed or abandoned all together.

• The title was changed to Landmark Chevrolet At 9111 North Fwy.

Archived