HAIF Houston Slogan Contest

editor

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“What harm does it do to vote each entry? Vote the ones you like up and ones you dislike down... if everyone does that, then the outcome will be the same.”

OK, so I’ll just vote every one of mine up, and everyone else’s down. That should be fair, accurate and scientific, right?

OK, so I’ll just vote every one of mine up, and everyone else’s down. That should be fair, accurate and scientific, right?

You cant vote for or against your own.

I've voted some I liked Up, I've voted some I really hated Down, and the majority of them I've not voted either way...

You could just as easily sabotage the vote, assuming only positive votes were allowed, by refusing to vote alltogether in order not to give your competition any help.

Honestly, I think most of the slogans, including my own, suck. None of us should be in the slogan making bizness. So it may well be that the slogan that sucks the least wins this little competition.

“What harm does it do to vote each entry? Vote the ones you like up and ones you dislike down... if everyone does that, then the outcome will be the same.”

Well, if more people like it, it should remain positive, but I see your point, the quantity of the votes is lost.

Essentially, something could get 9 negatives, and 10 positives, but still ultimately show as 1 positive vote.

I think Wayne will transition the best of the positives into a true poll to vote on once the entry period is over.

Update:

Just reviewed them all, and yeah, more negatives, than positives. The best I see is a +2, but most are -4, -5. and -6.

Ouch! :)

Honestly, I think most of the slogans, including my own, suck. None of us should be in the slogan making bizness. So it may well be that the slogan that sucks the least wins this little competition.

And therein lies the inspiration for my latest entry...

Houston: Sucks less than Dallas!

Houston: Sucks less than Dallas!

I like.. if I may modify it slightly...

Houston: Sucks less than the Big D but Blows more than the Windy City!

and on that note.

Houston: At least we know who we're named after, Dallas !!!! [1]

[1]

Edit: psst, you dont have to vote down the obvious joke entries.

Edit Edit: Of course, maybe you do if your real entry is in the negative double digits.... okay.. keep em coming.

Opportunity's Knocking In Houston

(cue all the door-open imagery, like the roof opening in MMP, the bull gate at the rodeo, gurney going through the doors into surgery at MD Anderson for a heart transplant, ships coming under the Fred Hartman bridge, etc etc )

Opportunity's Knocking In Houston

(cue all the door-open imagery, like the roof opening in MMP, the bull gate at the rodeo, gurney going through the doors into surgery at MD Anderson for a heart transplant, ships coming under the Fred Hartman bridge, etc etc )

...and a hint of hospitality - Y'all come back now, ya hear?

"Proving we're better than Dallas since 1836."

I think I'd flip it around...

"Houston, come for the food and stay for the people"

People actually come here to visit friends, otherwise they wouldn't even be here, and they eventually wind up liking the city overall.

houston, "we ain't got no slogan"

houston, "be yourself"

houston, "at least we've got a job"

houston, "the soul of texas"

houston, "it's hotter than hell in the summertime"

houston, "it's hotter than 2 rats screwin in a wool sock"

houston, "take this slogan and shove it"

houston, "we let big oil do whatever they want"

houston, "my home, proud of it"

houston, "like the oc only hotter"

houston, "now accepting applications"

houston, "apply within the city limits"

houston, "our budgets are balanced"

houston, "our mayor doesn't smoke crack on film"

houston, "our mayor is movin on up"

houston, "our billboards are bigger than yours"

houston, "my freeway is bigger than your freeway"

houston, "tollroad drag races every night"

houston, "we ain't got a slogan, is ain't a real word"

houston, "like hollywood without the papparazzi"

houston, "the people that get paid to create our slogans are idiot's"

houston, "what should we do with the astrodome?"

houston, "we have 100 year floods every 4 years"

houston, "we helped ken lay fake his death"

well that's all that i came up with in 10 minutes of brainstorming. the ghcvb should put my ass on the payroll. let me know which ones you like

dream

Houston: Good for the complexion. 

This may actually be true. My wife swears that the humidity down there was much better on her skin than the dryness of the north.

It is not possible to vote for your own entries.

Archived